Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 11:20   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
perhaps its just the lot in which your car was produced. or on second thoughts, the tuning of the engine wasnt right perhaps when it was manufactured. i could be sorely wrong!
$#*&^$#$@ !!!!
Old 8th February 2008, 11:54   #602
Team-BHP Support

Just the way you drive. And yes it can vary THAT much.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:05   #603
BHPian

Well i am already breathing down the neck of the dealer for the ABS option, in fact the dealer is a family freind of mine and he told me better to go without ABS as there are people still in waitin since oct'07... this is crazy...

i need the car soon as i cant take the daily crap from the Ricks in pune... these rick guys are really bad... they just dont wanna go ne where...

for the noise part i plan to get damping done too as discussed in other threads... thanks for the advise GEEKSRIK

Quote:
it takes easily 2-3 months for the car. around the end of the second month you ll have to pull all the strings you can to get the car from the dealer (try threats, bribes what not! )

for the sake of waiting dont cancel ABS. for the sake of lack of money maybe its ok, but not for the sake of waiting! as much as possible try buying the ABS one. atleast there is some safety on the road with this monster.

the sudden kick of the turbo isnt exactly "pleasureable" but petes might make it so. i would have preferred a more linear pull from zero to 60 or 100. and by noise we are not referring to engine noise. there are other variety of noises to choose from as accessories for this car - LOL

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2008 at 10:28. Reason: Do not use more than two smilies per post. Thanks
Old 8th February 2008, 16:16   #604
BHPian

Damping..

GeekSrik: I'll sure let you know if I get the damping done @ CMH road. May be soon after the first service...
Old 9th February 2008, 09:04   #605
Senior - BHPian

sriram, and others

i am meeting satya today at Cambridge layout (blueraven) for my damping. i am currently opting for a normal foam damping. i spoke with souljah but the mat damping is strictly for better ICE which i am not so much into at this moment. its more like i want to reduce rattles and perhaps some road noise too. but as souljah rightly pointed out the road noise is more due to wider tires (gaaaaaah). now i am in no mood to downsize my otherwise fantastic tyres! so the only thing left is the foam stuff for now. satya has agreed to do it for me generously. i mean providing his time for me.

now the only other problem then is now that i have my left rear door getting stuck up whenever someone sits inside. it then wont open again. someone has to help them come out. i need to get this corrected. anyone has faced this problem? is this due to the awesome "THUD" that we bang our doors with all the time?

Srik
Old 9th February 2008, 09:15   #606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
now the only other problem then is now that i have my left rear door getting stuck up whenever someone sits inside. it then wont open again. someone has to help them come out. i need to get this corrected. anyone has faced this problem? is this due to the awesome "THUD" that we bang our doors with all the time?

Srik
door setting issue mostly (if child lock is not the culprit) and might be during the service they overdid to get rid of the squeak/rattle
Old 9th February 2008, 09:46   #607
Senior - BHPian

arrrrrrrrrrrgh the child lock, it didnt strike, me lemme have a look at that ....

oh and jaggu, congrats for becoming a distinguished bhp-ian

2500 posts in six months ???

Srik

Last edited by GeekSrik : 9th February 2008 at 09:47.
Old 9th February 2008, 10:14   #608
Team-BHP Support

OT:Huh 2500 posts in 44 months rather, i think my posts are too less to become a diesel head, ill stick on to be a petrohead ... aarrghhhh what a PJ.. thanks to that Bakwaas Bund kar thingie on 9xm

D bhpian doesn have anything to do with no of posts i guess

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th February 2008 at 10:15. Reason: kar NOT car
Old 9th February 2008, 22:04   #609
Senior - BHPian

right instead its to do with the quality of posts my man

damping :::: i ve completed a foam damping from satya's shop today. lot of goo and glue hehehe. hmm... initial impressions?

1. it WILL NOT remove rattles
2. it WILL NOT completely remove road noise, maybe its a tad bit quieter. not sure though.

3. i am not sure how to make this car silent. perhaps i ll buy a petrol car again next time or the hyundai getz diesel and be done with the rattles part as such.

so whats left then? - no more damping exercises. leave it as is. and try to run this for some more time before i install petes.

btw can u imagine what pete can do to a hyundai getz diesel?
Old 9th February 2008, 22:22   #610
Senior - BHPian

Hey Geek,

Good that you are enjoying the car! How best you fix it, its Diesel so it will have more noise compared with Petrol. So If you need VFM in terms of FE and more torque continue Diesel Swift.

Else think about Getz/Palio/UVA Petrol in hatch or Logan/NHC in Sedans or buy used Petrol innova for 6 lacs. top end V spec 2005 model! these are very quiet cars as per my knowledge.

Please remember none of Maruti cars can give you good NVH levels. I don't know about Grand Vitara but M800 to SX4 no good in NVH levels because quality of material used make outside noise intrude inside easily. All new Maruti cars are known for rattling and Swift is king in that for most of the cases. However that does not mean my Innova has no rattling, for Indian road how best cars are built very difficult task to get rid of rattling issue. and this issue is more or less in every cars.

OT: In the meeting I heard Minister saying " No matter how bumpy Indian roads are, person reaches home safe! But abroad If accident happens, in most of the cases person will die!" What a shame! I guess this means indian governament wants to continue bumpy roads, many pointed out this question there.

I have sold Swift Petrol because performance in City was very bad, it didn't give me the comfort I expected, loose bad beeadings/fit and finish. odd gaps, bad NVH. In that way Getz and NHC, Innova Petrol are best vehicles I have seen about no rattling, super silent engine. sometimes in Getz and NHC we can't notice If engine is on If the car has maintained very good.

I can show in my Innova Petrol (being 2 ltr engine) with Premium Petrol almost zero outside noise (except in heavy city traffic, if some one hank) when AC is on If driven with light foot and I make my drivers drive it that way for luxury comfort for my family.

So may be you need to figure how you used Swift D or the fuel quality you used or where you serviced! or thats how Swift D is. Do good home work considerring all these points and make a call on it!

You have got good choices so decide on what you need

Ravi.

PS Saw Fabia D it also makes noise so I feel thats how Diesel sound.

Last edited by ravibhat : 9th February 2008 at 22:28.
Old 10th February 2008, 11:02   #611
Senior - BHPian

thanks ravi. due to the limited understanding i have on diesels, i believe for now i ll just put up with this car as it is. i did take a drive once in getz petrol with my friend, and it was indeed super silent. so was UVA when i test drove it.

Srik
Old 10th February 2008, 11:41   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so whats left then? - no more damping exercises. leave it as is. and try to run this for some more time before i install petes.
So Petes is happening soon, also try a CAI, it makes the car drive like a petrol and the mid to high revvs is awesome. After damping my car stopped rattling, maybe your car has a optional feature

Quote:
btw can u imagine what pete can do to a hyundai getz diesel?
Tell me about it
Old 10th February 2008, 23:29   #613
BHPian

A funny thing happened yesterday night. While I was driving I noticed that car was not accelerating as usual and the accelerator pedal was not moving the way it moves. I thought that may be car will have to taken to service centre before scheduled 3rd service. But when I started the car in morning, I realized that the plastic mat which I recently added over cloth mat (cloth mat was just too easy to get muddy/dirty) was getting folded near the accelerator, so in effect stopping accelerator pedal to depress as it would otherwise normally do.
Old 10th February 2008, 23:42   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks ravi. due to the limited understanding i have on diesels, i believe for now i ll just put up with this car as it is. i did take a drive once in getz petrol with my friend, and it was indeed super silent. so was UVA when i test drove it.

Srik
Getz is silent. Its difficult to know whether the engine is on when the car is stopped. The build quality is good and no rattles at all. But the pickup and adrenaline rush you get in Swift Diesel is awesome. You cannot get best of everything.

You have made a good buy with Swift diesel. After the test drive I was ready to take Swift Diesel on the spot. The waiting period of 6 months was too much. Swift looks great in white. I cant help admiring Jaggus avatar picture.
Old 11th February 2008, 09:18   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Getz is silent. Its difficult to know whether the engine is on when the car is stopped. The build quality is good and no rattles at all. But the pickup and adrenaline rush you get in Swift Diesel is awesome. You cannot get best of everything.

You have made a good buy with Swift diesel. After the test drive I was ready to take Swift Diesel on the spot. The waiting period of 6 months was too much. Swift looks great in white. I cant help admiring Jaggus avatar picture.
so does getz look nice in white frankly
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks