Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 19:28   #856
BHPian

@geeksrik you are mighty right! The rattles are back but are more subtle than before. Before the service, the inside of my car felt like a BMTC bus without the music switched on However, the suspension noises have vanished and have also been amply tuned so the ride quality is much much better. Guess will have to live with the minor rattles till I sell this car off
Old 26th November 2008, 13:05   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
The Technology is from FIAT!
this engine was a joint development of Fiat and GM
Old 28th November 2008, 09:16   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz-On-The-Road View Post
@geeksrik you are mighty right! Guess will have to live with the minor rattles till I sell this car off
My point is the same too! but just that this car can see me complete 100000 with it if i am in proper frame of mind!
Old 1st December 2008, 15:03   #859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz-On-The-Road View Post
@geeksrik you are mighty right! The rattles are back but are more subtle than before. Before the service, the inside of my car felt like a BMTC bus without the music switched on However, the suspension noises have vanished and have also been amply tuned so the ride quality is much much better. Guess will have to live with the minor rattles till I sell this car off
Check your tire pressure, dealers usually reduce them to give a better ride and less rattle, during service. I prefer stiff handling and rattles compared to worn out tires, thats just me
Old 1st December 2008, 18:49   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
in fifth gear, 1000 rpm~45kph. So when you are doing 100kph in 5th gear, it is little over 2000 rpm.
My VDi tacho shows exactly 2100 rpm with the speedo at 100 kmph.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:11   #861
Senior - BHPian

I have stopped seeing both my tacho and fuel meter. the only thing i notice is the speedo

the clutch and gear shift are really good on my knees. and its been sometime since I had that crippling pain on my knee cap, thanks to this maruti/fiat/whatever.

other than that my car is slowly inching to 20k..... normal indianoil diesel and mineral oil just work great. always eager to pull !
Old 5th December 2008, 00:57   #862
BHPian

I am having a "feeling" that turbo pull is not what it used to be. The pull still is great, but I feel some punch is missing. Since I don't have a tacho, I am not sure, what speed I am doing at what rpm. Just wanted to ask that whether turbo can be checked for problems without opening up everything ? I might ask people at MASS to those checks next time I go. I usually travel alone or with someone, but today while going somewhere I had total of 5 people in my car (total weight must be around 400), should an increase in weight affect pulling power drastically ? (May be drastic is a stronger word than what I meant to write)
Old 5th December 2008, 06:28   #863
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I am having a "feeling" that turbo pull is not what it used to be. The pull still is great, but I feel some punch is missing. Since I don't have a tacho, I am not sure, what speed I am doing at what rpm. Just wanted to ask that whether turbo can be checked for problems without opening up everything ? I might ask people at MASS to those checks next time I go. I usually travel alone or with someone, but today while going somewhere I had total of 5 people in my car (total weight must be around 400), should an increase in weight affect pulling power drastically ? (May be drastic is a stronger word than what I meant to write)
with a full load- the aceleration will definitely come down.
other possible problems
1.dirty air filter
2.low tyre pressure
3.dirty accelerator position sensor
4.clogged intercooler

try these common and easily fixed probs first, before going for the turbo itself

Old 5th December 2008, 23:33   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
with a full load- the aceleration will definitely come down.
other possible problems
1.dirty air filter
2.low tyre pressure
3.dirty accelerator position sensor
4.clogged intercooler

try these common and easily fixed probs first, before going for the turbo itself
I am sure that 1 & 2 are fine. Will check about 3 & 4. Where is the acceleration position sensor located ? I guess intercooler is somewhere near radiator, is it ?

Thanks
Old 6th December 2008, 20:06   #865
Senior - BHPian

ripper is right on 1 and 2. also try using normal indian oil diesel. with that much load, be light footed and in right gears to enable the pickup you desire. revving this car slows it down momentarily. this is my experience whatever the load.
Old 6th December 2008, 20:11   #866
Senior - BHPian

well yesterday my headlight dim position stopped working. the high beam was doing well though. which means at dim, there was no light output at all. it was off. went to konark koramangala, and asked my guy whats wrong, he rectified it in just a few minutes. was some loose connections that led to this issue. while there he said the most powerful lamps were 100/130 from philips, currently i have 90/100.

also i bought a windtone horn from roots the skoda types and it should be installed by tuesday from UM cars. they said they need some extra wiring and relays for that. i also bought a dashboard mat for swift, which will hold things on top of it securely without it falling off all the time. these cost me 550 bucks overall.
Old 6th December 2008, 21:12   #867
BHPian

I had my minds both on Roots horn and 90/100. Rs 550 includes Horn as well as its wiring and dashboard mat ?

I use either normal BP or Indian Oil, whichever has smaller queue. I read somewhere that fuel shouldn't be allowed to empty in diesel engine otherwise some fuel purge has to be done. Does it stand true for new CRDI engines as well ?

Last edited by austere_sly : 6th December 2008 at 21:17.
Old 7th December 2008, 08:11   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
also i bought a windtone horn from roots the skoda types and it should be installed by tuesday from UM cars. they said they need some extra wiring and relays for that.
You do not need additional relay in Swift D it already comes with a built in excellent relay for 2 horns. It may result in ECM blow up. This is what the electrical mechanic at MASS told me. Beware.
Old 7th December 2008, 14:23   #869
Senior - BHPian

can u elabroate which mass told you this? also please let me know if the situation can happen if i have only one horn overall. and remove the other existing one. i did hear UM cars telling me that they need to fix up a relay and stuff. but he seems to have an experience in that.
Old 7th December 2008, 14:36   #870
BHPian

@ GeekSrik : i have also heard that there is a relay for horn in swift D. i guess all horns come in pair as in High and Low. i have roots installed at the stock location only. dint play around with the wiring.
OT : why do you want to keep just one horn? it will sound weird.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed