Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 20:15   #976
Senior - BHPian

nikunj, its usually 11-12% of overall value of car, but i dont really know how much it would be for transfers.
Old 11th April 2009, 21:54   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
You got me there buddy. For me it is really difficult to go to that Maaruti Service Centre . Cause anyday I go I am bound to lose 1.5 -2 hours of my precious time !
Ya dude tell me about it, its a total waste of time. and if you opt in for a drop off, the works never done properly
Old 5th May 2009, 12:44   #978
Senior - BHPian

Slow and steady wins the race. Well, in this case atleast participates in the race. sluggishly enough, i've now done 24000 kms. Planning to service the car once after another 1k. no long drives, but only mundane office drives in bengaluru.

planning to give to kalyani motors for service this time, lets see their customer relationship! meanwhile dashboard and right window rattles have become more prominent of late and its getting annoying. I am also dreading the visibility during rainy season, oh boy its gonna be ridiculous in swift.

headlights hardly make any impact during rains, so I plan to atleast leave early to home.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:12   #979
BHPian

Did a trip to Hyderabad last week, and drove in mid day at around 45 deg C all the way from Hyd-Bang.
But the main part is, I am feeling a bit of drag to left.
I guess it is time for some "proper" tyre rotation and wheel alignment. Appreciate any suggestions towards Indiranagar, Airport Road etc., I stay near HAL.

thanks in advance.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:54   #980
BHPian

Linen/Fabric Seat covers for Swift VDi

Folks,

I am looking out for fabric/linen seat covers for swift VDi. As such please suggest some shops in and around jayanagar/jp nagar for the same. If possible, approx. cost and contact numbers please.

Thanks
Old 21st May 2009, 18:24   #981
Senior - BHPian

JM you could look at G-sport store just a walking distance from Sreeraj Lassi bar towards 7th block jayanagar. Its near to 4th block dosa camp junction.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:17   #982
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad time yesterday while driving back home. The fury of the rain was unprecedented. The small dent I had on my car below left door is now rusting and I gotta do something about it soon. I also am approaching the 25k mark shortly and planning for a thorough service then.

Meanwhile yesterday was horrible with water all over the city, and serpentine traffic jams and extremely high wind speeds. I could not see just ahead of me more than one car at a time. The car behaved a bit pathetically unable to fight off the water on the road as well as provide AC as well as pull people Finally the 1.3 engine seemed to show a wee bit of fatigue.

Add to that useless drivers who gave my swift a full bath rampantly driving around in the water oblivious of people around them. Careless to the core. For the two wheelers and pedestrians, god save them really. And this is all pre-monsoon , the real fun is about to begin.
Old 31st May 2009, 18:07   #983
Senior - BHPian

Swift Vdi Bengaluru 25k run :)

One for the records of both my personal books, and on this forum. Ever since the day I bought the dream car, and now. Finally my Vdi completes 25,000km. It was the occassion of the Sunfeast World 10k run, and I started driving off at 6am on a different mission - I wanted to plant few saplings in Banashankari 6th Stage, my future home. On the way, the car reached this important milestone as well!

The engine has been a sheer pleasure to drive with. However I have still not got the opportunity to take this car on the highways. I have loved every inch of the drive so far. The car does have pitfalls like any other, but nothing that I cant live with, or nothing that any other car does not have either.

As I start off with my next leg of another 25k kms with this car, I ll leave you with some pictures of the car as it is now!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-srik001.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-srik002.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-srik003.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-srik004.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-srik005.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-srik006.jpg  

Old 31st May 2009, 18:25   #984
Team-BHP Support

Where did you whack the left side skirting/mud guard?
Old 31st May 2009, 18:38   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Where did you whack the left side skirting/mud guard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
ok this had to happen someday. i am growing old and its a sign of concentration loss. i had to take a left turn from a petrol pump. i noticed a stone pointing out and wanted to safely distance myself from it. just when I thought i was good at my math, a loud "screeeech". damage was done.

got down and saw what had gone wrong. the fender/bar below left front door was fully scratched and bent inside by few mm. luckily not a scratch on my tyres/wheels or door. only the bar below. i m deciding to live with it, dunno how much it would cost to repair.

so much is the achievement for 23k kms
I did something similar when exiting from a petrol pump. Thankfully, only the front left mudguard was hit and I was able to steer away and avoid destroying the running board when I heard the noise.

'gratz on the milestone GeekSrik.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 31st May 2009 at 18:39.
Old 31st May 2009, 22:26   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I did something similar when exiting from a petrol pump. Thankfully, only the front left mudguard was hit and I was able to steer away and avoid destroying the running board when I heard the noise.

'gratz on the milestone GeekSrik.

Yesterday I backed my car into a pillar. Broke a taillight ! :( and damaged the bumper !!
Old 1st June 2009, 09:57   #987
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a perpetual problem with swift thanks its height of visibility
Old 1st June 2009, 10:37   #988
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your 25K. Hope you enjoyed every bit of the distance. Do take care and drive safe.
Old 1st June 2009, 11:04   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think this is a perpetual problem with swift thanks its height of visibility
Very true. when I am in thick of the traffic, I negotiate gingerly so that I do not inadvertently knock of a two wheeler or a cyclist or worse an autorickshaw. Lack of visibility is the only major disadvantage of swift (I consider rattles as minor ).
Old 1st June 2009, 19:51   #990
BHPian

Art leather seat covers on swift

Quote:
JM you could look at G-sport store just a walking distance from Sreeraj Lassi bar towards 7th block jayanagar. Its near to 4th block dosa camp junction.
Thanks GeekSrik,

I got it done at JJ Enterprises at JC road. The material was art leather, and he custom stitched the same in couple of hours. It set me back by two n half grands.

Thanks to Ravi Bhat, who helped me out to check few places in JC road for the same.

Last edited by JMaruru : 1st June 2009 at 19:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks