Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 23:31   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I really do not understand insurance in this country. In UK, the insurance company of the driver-at-fault pays, and the innocent party's insurer claims from them*, so all one ever has to do is to deal with one's own insurance company. What's more, the insurance company is expected to do the work; that's what they are they for!
Exactly my question too. During my stay in the US, my car had been bumped a couple of times by others. We used to share Insurance information and I would put in a call with the other person's insurance company either directly or thru my insurance company. That way I dont have to pay anything and also my Insurance premium doesnt take a hit.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:35   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Exactly my question too. During my stay in the US, my car had been bumped a couple of times by others. We used to share Insurance information and I would put in a call with the other person's insurance company either directly or thru my insurance company. That way I dont have to pay anything and also my Insurance premium doesnt take a hit.
That is exactly what I was referring to a few posts before. I guess it is possible, and that is what is called Third party liability in the insurance part.
Recently I heard from a friend, that he made the person who hit him pay through his insurance. I guess it should be possible, just don't know the procedure. But would like to know from any insurance experts about it, we just don't know when we need it !
Old 25th June 2009, 13:25   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Geeksrik, sorry to hear about all that eposide with your baby, hope a fast recovery and they do a better job of painting.
Old 28th June 2009, 23:41   #1039
BHPian

Guys, today my 30K+ Swift VDi has an achievement to it's name! It returned my an awesome mileage of 22+ kmpl while driving from Pondicherry to Bangalore via Chennai. Just 22.5 ltrs of diesel for 500 kms journey! The speed most of the time was between 100-130, and AC full blast. Waaoooo!
First time I got such high mileage from my car, it just got its 30K service last week!
Old 29th June 2009, 14:08   #1040
Senior - BHPian

My car is yet to make it back. another week to ten days to get the baby up looks like. June-July is a month of no car driving, no fuel filling, no money spending, using modes of walking, public transport, and getting a lift in others cars, some biking :-) wow I like the change! its refreshing!
Old 29th June 2009, 15:31   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Guys, today my 30K+ Swift VDi has an achievement to it's name! It returned my an awesome mileage of 22+ kmpl while driving from Pondicherry to Bangalore via Chennai. Just 22.5 ltrs of diesel for 500 kms journey! The speed most of the time was between 100-130, and AC full blast. Waaoooo!
First time I got such high mileage from my car, it just got its 30K service last week!
wow - thats an awesome mileage. I wonder how GP will perform w.r.t mileage.
Old 6th July 2009, 09:22   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Still no sign of car. must be back in three days if I am lucky.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:17   #1043
BHPian

On the subject of bangs and bruises my silver bullet (as i would like to term it) bore the brunt of an object just dropping out of the sky. the car was parked below the building in the usual place when saturdays hevy rains in mumbai took its toll on one of the errant stones kept on the sixth floor flat and guess where it decided to land. As you can see from the photos attached even a small slab can have when left from a height. The car will now be on ots way to the vitesse showroom for repairs and lets hope she gets well at the earliest. Till then the local transport in the mumbai rains
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img00043200907050916.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img00045200907050916.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img00044200907050916.jpg  

Old 6th July 2009, 16:26   #1044
Team-BHP Support

Plain Unlucky. What are the damages going to be ? Replacing the windscreen I am sure.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:37   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
On the subject of bangs and bruises my silver bullet (as i would like to term it) bore the brunt of an object just dropping out of the sky. the car was parked below the building in the usual place when saturdays hevy rains in mumbai took its toll on one of the errant stones kept on the sixth floor flat and guess where it decided to land. As you can see from the photos attached even a small slab can have when left from a height. The car will now be on ots way to the vitesse showroom for repairs and lets hope she gets well at the earliest. Till then the local transport in the mumbai rains
Oh Boy...Thats really unlucky.
Old 9th July 2009, 00:42   #1046
BHPian

Guys i totally feel your pain. I am in the same boat as yours but mine isn't as bad as yours but still hurts. Basically getting a door changed as it was banged by a truck on a red light. The car is just 3300Kms on Odo and just over 2 months old. Find pics and details here. Some guys are plain unlucky.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1376427-post47.html
Old 11th July 2009, 14:19   #1047
Senior - BHPian

alright guys after almost a fortnight or more my car is back as new. i've had a change of tail lights to new variety and the bumper too got changed accordingly. one tyre has been torn by the impact of the crash, and hence has to be discared. i m now left with 5 alloys and four tyres!

spoke to sai iyengar, he has asked me to come to him next weekend to assess the situation and what i need to do going forward. i also got a chance to paste the team bhp stickers on my baby, will give you some pictures of the same shortly.

Must commend green cars, they have done a nice job on all dents and damages. its headed by a committed individual all along so this kind of good service was expected anyways! must drive my car again to see if it feels like old. for about 20km drive it did not feel any different.

i am at peace with myself now that the car is with me. meanwhile a friend of mine has installed a woofer and amp in sachins auto shop koramangala, and after going in his car for 20 days, i am now tempted to revisit my ice. there is a distinct difference in the way songs play with amp and woofer. another 10k is waiting to be burnt on that shortly. course without my wifey's notice

await some good quality SLR snaps!

Srik
Old 11th July 2009, 23:07   #1048
Senior - BHPian

My baby reborn!

Here are some snaps of my baby on a second life
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2850.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2851.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2854.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_28541.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2855.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2858.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2859.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2861.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2866.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2869.jpg  

Old 12th July 2009, 00:44   #1049
Team-BHP Support

Looks like new Geeky

HOw big is the hole on the pocket ?
Old 12th July 2009, 17:46   #1050
Senior - BHPian

13k all paid by person who crashed into my car. no other go.

today i went to sachins auto shop. got a quote for some ICE. including head unit its coming to about 18k for just woofer, amp, and head units along with all fitting boxes, cables whatever. thats a big hole in my pocket. so will keep that for a bit later. maybe a couple of months from now.

Srik
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks