Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 10:44   #1051
Team-BHP Support

Hey good to hear that car is back! And dont keep that foot on the bumper!

cheers
Jaggu
Old 13th July 2009, 12:05   #1052
BHPian

Excellent job done by the service centre, Looks very good. This whole incident, iIn tamil, they say, "thrushti" for your well maintained car.
Old 13th July 2009, 13:37   #1053
BHPian

Good to see your car back into the condition it was in! The service center seems to have done a really good job!
Old 18th July 2009, 13:48   #1054
BHPian

Great to see the car back in action. Really good work done on it.
BTW pls dont keep your foot on the bumper as it also leads to scratches on the car and I am sure you wouldnt like to have any scratches on her.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:53   #1055
Senior - BHPian

hey nice to see your car back in action and with you, it feels so gr8 to get back on those wheels.And as they all said dont keep your foot there.
Old 27th July 2009, 15:38   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Plain Unlucky. What are the damages going to be ? Replacing the windscreen I am sure.
Well firstly my apologies for the delay in reply, well the car is back and the total cost was abt 19k which (paid by the insurance guys). The replacement included a new windscreen, a new bonnet and a new fender.
But the guys at vitesse are complete bumbling fools, they have given me the car a ding on the new fender . They have agreed to fix the same free of cost i cannot fathom how they manage to ding a new fender or so they claim.

It is completely frustrating.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:22   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
alright guys after almost a fortnight or more my car is back as new. i've had a change of tail lights to new variety and the bumper too got changed accordingly. one tyre has been torn by the impact of the crash, and hence has to be discared. i m now left with 5 alloys and four tyres!

spoke to sai iyengar, he has asked me to come to him next weekend to assess the situation and what i need to do going forward. i also got a chance to paste the team bhp stickers on my baby, will give you some pictures of the same shortly.

Must commend green cars, they have done a nice job on all dents and damages. its headed by a committed individual all along so this kind of good service was expected anyways! must drive my car again to see if it feels like old. for about 20km drive it did not feel any different.

i am at peace with myself now that the car is with me. meanwhile a friend of mine has installed a woofer and amp in sachins auto shop koramangala, and after going in his car for 20 days, i am now tempted to revisit my ice. there is a distinct difference in the way songs play with amp and woofer. another 10k is waiting to be burnt on that shortly. course without my wifey's notice

await some good quality SLR snaps!

Srik

Geek , how much did it cost you to change to the new tail lights . I recently backed into a pillar and damaged one of the rear tail lights . Thinking of changing both them to the new tail lights !
Old 12th August 2009, 21:01   #1058
BHPian

HELP, regarding RPMmeter.

Recently i fixed an RPM meter for diesel, external one in my vdi swift, but dint complete the full wiring things. planned to fix it from the service station, but they are not doing the wiring work cos they are telling that it will damage the cars ECM. shall i fix it from somewhere else or should i remove everything.
please help.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:58   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
Recently i fixed an RPM meter for diesel, external one in my vdi swift, but dint complete the full wiring things. planned to fix it from the service station, but they are not doing the wiring work cos they are telling that it will damage the cars ECM. shall i fix it from somewhere else or should i remove everything.
please help.
Why do you need any external Tachometer (rpm meter). VDI already comes with one.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:46   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Geek , how much did it cost you to change to the new tail lights . I recently backed into a pillar and damaged one of the rear tail lights . Thinking of changing both them to the new tail lights !

Sirji some help here would be really appreciated.
Old 13th August 2009, 18:33   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Why do you need any external Tachometer (rpm meter). VDI already comes with one.
ya. i got fancied with the rpm meter with the shift lights and all. screwed it to the dash board now. MASS people telling its dangerous to fix it. now I AM SCREWED.
i have connected all the 3 wires and rest 1 green wire is left. Service people telling they wont connect it.
please help
Old 13th August 2009, 18:56   #1062
Team-BHP Support

You will have to get some after market experts or someone with access to detailed wiring diagram for this. Tapping from existing RPM meter is another option.

But please note that MUL will wash their hands off warranty if anything goes wrong in your cars electrical circuit/ecu.
Old 13th August 2009, 19:58   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
how much did it cost you to change to the new tail lights . I recently backed into a pillar and damaged one of the rear tail lights . Thinking of changing both them to the new tail lights !
Rear Tail light latest model (Type 2) costs you Rs.1298.26 plus taxes.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:25   #1064
BANNED

20000 Km service

Hi guys ,

I gave my vdi for 15000 Km service and the bill was only 450/-.I was surprised and asked why was it so low,the answer was that 20000Kms service would be around 7500/- .

Is that the case with all LDIs and Vdis?
Old 13th August 2009, 20:30   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi guys ,

I gave my vdi for 15000 Km service and the bill was only 450/-.I was surprised and asked why was it so low,the answer was that 20000Kms service would be around 7500/- .

Is that the case with all LDIs and Vdis?
Maruti Doesn't mandate a 15k km service. Hence all the MASS would have done is washed the car did some cursory check up, topped the fluids and given back the car. I think they have not even changed your engine oil and oil filter.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed