Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 22:34   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You will have to get some after market experts or someone with access to detailed wiring diagram for this. Tapping from existing RPM meter is another option.

But please note that MUL will wash their hands off warranty if anything goes wrong in your cars electrical circuit/ecu.
the service persons are telling any small alterations anywhere in the electrical side can sometimes but they are not sure, which can show the malfunctioning light inside.
Today an accessory shop guy told me they could easily connect the rpm meters. he told 'just bring it'. i thought of giving it a try. hope nothing goes wrong.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:11   #1067
Team-BHP Support

They said the same thing when i wanted to connect the stiebel nautilus, but then i took the risk ensuring everything was done properly and the rewiring absolutely isolated from the OE circuit. But in this case it might be lil more complicated than that, so be careful more than anything the wiring loom if chopped can only be replaced, if you want to satisfy MUL and that is a costly affair.

My choice, stock RPM meter, sell this one to a friend
Old 18th August 2009, 23:04   #1068
Senior - BHPian

27000 kms done. one tire gone bust. managing with the remaining four. ashwin sai iyengar has asked me to come in after about 40k kms which I know is a far cry away. but will just do what he says for now. think the tyres and alloys are fine after some real rough use. car is as good as ever. the slower you revv her, the more politely she behaves on the road.

by the way this years monsoon is a damp squib and not so torrential as expected. humidity levels in the city has increased drastically. the car isnt really a comforter due to lack of climate control. its only the a/c serves you chilled up or freaking hot if its off.

other than i've been facebooking too much these days. thinking of installing 4channel amp + subwoofer + new pioneer head unit. 20k is the estimate. no money for now!
Old 19th August 2009, 09:35   #1069
BHPian

dude..
what about the rattles?
are they blowing your brains?
my swift has done 5k kms and thankfully no rattles till now.
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:22   #1070
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Any idea how much is the cost for painting both bumpers.I have a white swift.

Also let me know if the underbody protection is really worth the money (1600)

Anybody from chennai pls help me
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:01   #1071
Senior - BHPian

@shantyrocks - i ve gotten used to rattles. there are far too many other sounds in bangalore! :-) and if i install my ICE in a couple of months, perhaps the doors would fly off sometime too, who knows!

@joshguy - painting bumpers should cost you substantially though i cant say how much exactly. buying new bumpers might be cheaper!
Old 24th August 2009, 11:05   #1072
BHPian

I would suggest to go for the underbody. May not need it for the bangalore climate, but given the stones and the mud that fly at your under body in the roads we drive around, it might be a good protection. And also with a 5 year warranty, it is a small price to pay.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:29   #1073
Senior - BHPian

ok guys i ran into a bit of smelly issue here. i am not sure if i had the handbrake on while driving, but when i reached office (~ 2km of drive) I got a rubber burning smell. tried everywhere but it seems to come in from bottom of bonnet. checked all wheels didnt find the smell. kind of not sure whats the issue like, any clues?

Srik

car service guys say its either brake bush, or clutch issue.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th August 2009 at 16:36. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 15:39   #1074
BHPian

How hot were the wheels? If the brake was engaged, there rear wheels would be much much hotter when compared to the front wheels.
Old 29th August 2009, 16:38   #1075
Team-BHP Support

If handbrake was engaged, you would have notice the brake warning lights on the dash?? If so you might have worked the clutch a bit and hence the smell. Open the bonnet and see where the smell is coming, if it happens again.
Old 31st August 2009, 08:33   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
@shantyrocks - i ve gotten used to rattles. there are far too many other sounds in bangalore! :-) and if i install my ICE in a couple of months, perhaps the doors would fly off sometime too, who knows!

@joshguy - painting bumpers should cost you substantially though i cant say how much exactly. buying new bumpers might be cheaper!
Gave a call to my local MASS and they told me that you don't need to go for the new Swift Bumpers in order to go for the New Design Tail Lights. If possible can you get this from confirmed your local MASS there ?
Old 31st August 2009, 09:40   #1077
Senior - BHPian

nikunj this is indeed true. i did it for my car just now.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:41   #1078
Senior - BHPian

meanwhile i had lots more of noise as if the entire assembly is going to fall down or something, so i took the car back to service station. however there the sound could not be reproduced. as of today morning, 20km drive was as usual. strange. perhaps i thought something got stuck underneath, like a cardboard or stuff. not so sure.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:10   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
nikunj this is indeed true. i did it for my car just now.
Yup I know,but you had also mentioned that you had to fit the new swift bumpers for this . So in other words it is not required to fit the new design bumpers to go for the new tail lights right ? The cost quoted to me was Rs1500/- per pc .
Old 31st August 2009, 20:26   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Yup I know,but you had also mentioned that you had to fit the new swift bumpers for this . So in other words it is not required to fit the new design bumpers to go for the new tail lights right ? The cost quoted to me was Rs1500/- per pc .
Try getting the new tail lights from outside, I ll be much cheaper.

I ll give you an example of the cost inside the service station and outside.

I wanted type 3 800 tail lamps some years ago, MASS quoted 750 per peace and i got 2 original lumax ones for 1100 bucks from outside.

1500 per peace sounds too much, last i enquired outside it was 1000 per peace
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks