Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 11:22   #946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Just not my day ! gave my car for 4th service . Got an estimate of Rs 5650/- . Now got a call from MASS. They said the front disc brakes and disc pads are completely gone. Additional cost of around Rs 4500/- making the total cost of servicing to Rs10,000/-. If the car maintenance is this expensive then I think I will have to start using the office bus service very soon !!

Is this even possible ? Dealer sounds super fishy 20 k and discs gone is something man and since nikunj brakes like shumi would not his brake pads have fried long before 20 k and not at 20 k ?
Old 12th March 2009, 13:33   #947
BHPian

Well I really dont have an option this time but I think I will stop going to these people ! I have told him to show me the old part but again he can show the same for any damn vehicle with the problem there.

Hey is there a possibility of them not really changing engine oil , diesel filter but charging me for the same ? I mean after all it is MASS and they should not be indulging in such malpractices !
Old 12th March 2009, 13:37   #948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hey is there a possibility of them not really changing engine oil , diesel filter but charging me for the same ? I mean after all it is MASS and they should not be indulging in such malpractices !
It is a MASS, but it can be a crooked one too. It is quite possible that they do the same. Ask for the old parts, or get it done in front of you.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:23   #949
Distinguished - BHPian

There is something about Swift brake pads; mine were replaced under warranty at, maybe the second service. The mileage then would have been really low; the car is coming up to 24 months service, and still has not quite done 10K.

I do not know the details about the brake pad fault; I complained that he ABS did not appear to be functioning --- and they replace the brake pads? It was apparently a known problem, like the Swift-Diesel wiring problem, which was done on a special re-call visit for my car.

Somebody here must know the brake pad facts?
Old 12th March 2009, 15:31   #950
BANNED

Oil Change VDI

Guys
Changed oil and oil filter today at 6500kms. Total cost 1016.00Rs.

Engine Oil :3.0L@170.67 :576.65(vat+cess incl)

Oil Filter :1 @333.84 :375.99( " )

Oil plug
Assembly :1 @56.83 :64.00

Labour :99.27

cheers

Dilip
Old 12th March 2009, 15:41   #951
BHPian

No more hard driving from today onwards. I cant afford it !

Just a thought , has anybody seen a mileage increase after replacing oil and air filters in the 4th service ?

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 12th March 2009 at 15:49.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:47   #952
BHPian

Posted by Mistake , mods please delete this post !

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 12th March 2009 at 15:49.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:09   #953
Team-BHP Support

The mileage may increase due to a cleaner air filter.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:31   #954
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dilip,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Changed oil and oil filter today at 6500kms. Labour :99.27
Dilip
Is it not a free service? If it is why labour charges?
Old 12th March 2009, 23:08   #955
Senior - BHPian

depends on the interpretation of Free service by MASS. Some say it isn't mentioned in the user manual hence extra charge, some do not charge labour as they would want this customer going forward,
Old 12th March 2009, 23:24   #956
BANNED

Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Dilip,

Is it not a free service? If it is why labour charges?
Hi
The second free service was done by the previous owner at 5000kms. But he didn't change the oil and filter.I bought the car from him last week (now run 6500kms).I thought it will be good if I change both. Also many members here suggest changing oil+filter at 5000km interval. The service advisor tried his best to dissuade me saying that there is no use of changing the oil now as maruti has recommended at 10000km intervals.
Cheers
Dilip
Old 13th March 2009, 12:17   #957
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Some say it isn't mentioned in the user manual hence extra charge, some do not charge labour as they would want this customer going forward,
If the oil change is not specified for a particular service and the customer wants it, the dealer is in his rights to charge labour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
The second free service was done by the previous owner at 5000kms. But he
The labour charges are justified in this case.

Has the warranty and free services been transferred to you in this case?
Old 13th March 2009, 13:02   #958
BANNED

Swift VDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

If the oil change is not specified for a particular service and the customer wants it, the dealer is in his rights to charge labour.

The labour charges are justified in this case.

Has the warranty and free services been transferred to you in this case?

Yes...They will be giving a new warranty booklet in my name within a week.The previous owner has taken the third year extended warranty too..
Cheers
Dilip Kumar
Old 21st March 2009, 16:45   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There is something about Swift brake pads; mine were replaced under warranty at, maybe the second service. The mileage then would have been really low; the car is coming up to 24 months service, and still has not quite done 10K.

I do not know the details about the brake pad fault; I complained that he ABS did not appear to be functioning --- and they replace the brake pads? It was apparently a known problem, like the Swift-Diesel wiring problem, which was done on a special re-call visit for my car.

Somebody here must know the brake pad facts?
Bang on. My front left brake pad wore out at 21K and damaged the disc - got the entire set replaced. Again, at 24K now, there's a tik-tik noise post 120kmph from my front right wheel. Went to a reliable M.A.S.S, who cranked up the car and checked the tie rods/bushings (all for free). Surprise, the front pad is damaging the disc again! A full front job again would cost 5K and Pad/Disc wear is NOT covered under extended warranty. So, well, I'll need to scour around for parts in the open market.
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:25   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Bang on. My front left brake pad wore out at 21K and damaged the disc - got the entire set replaced. Again, at 24K now, there's a tik-tik noise post 120kmph from my front right wheel. Went to a reliable M.A.S.S, who cranked up the car and checked the tie rods/bushings (all for free). Surprise, the front pad is damaging the disc again! A full front job again would cost 5K and Pad/Disc wear is NOT covered under extended warranty. So, well, I'll need to scour around for parts in the open market.
OMG is that true ?

Ok after the discs and the brake pads repalcement , i get a metal clenching sound when I need to brake a bit harder than usual. Is that normal ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks