Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:43   #961
Senior - BHPian

It shouldn't be. Get your brakes checked and make sure nothing metal like the caliper piston is rubbing against the disc.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:39   #962
BHPian

swift vdi delivery day checklist

My sister has booked a silky silver VDi on 1st and has been promised delivery in 12 days. So, i went through this thread completly (i.e start until todate). The dealer is offering me some freebies like mats, ganesh idol and mud flaps.

I would like suggestions and advice on what to look out for on the delivery day. How much is fair enough on the odo, on the delivery day ? I have been told the car is in transit.

Please advise.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:43   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My sister has booked a silky silver VDi on 1st and has been promised delivery in 12 days. So, i went through this thread completly (i.e start until todate). The dealer is offering me some freebies like mats, ganesh idol and mud flaps.

I would like suggestions and advice on what to look out for on the delivery day. How much is fair enough on the odo, on the delivery day ? I have been told the car is in transit.

Please advise.

There is a seperate thread on what needs to be checked on the delivery day. Its not possible to follow all of them but some points are rally good and should be checked. Do a search in the forum.
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:43   #964
BHPian

In Noida i too have booked a VDi my car and the dealer has told me a waiting period of about 2months or plus. But i see in the south the waiting period is under 15 days while the cars are manufactured and transported from Manesar which is like an 2 hour drive from Noida. I am soo pissed and confused...

@JMaruru You can look at this article Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:15   #965
BHPian

Anything specific to swift VDi ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
@Switch: Thanks, but the above thread is generic.

Is there anything particular with swift VDi, one needs to know ? I mean, am quite "rattled" myself going through the rattle stories of swift VDi on team-bhp.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:51   #966
Senior - BHPian

23000km, a bit of silence and more

Phew, not around for a month, and 4 pages of discussion! nikunj, sorry could not see this thread earlier. i dont have much details to post for you really. my bill was about 1200 bucks for 18k service (4th service). just the usual cleaning and other stuff.

meanwhile, had been to mysore last week with little fella and another family with another little felli. just for the kids sake. showed him the zoo and palace. it was quite hot there and humid too.

car's done about 23k now silently, though not sooner than this. well its the same car as i had bought it, behaves similar to this day thankfully. these days i do some easy driving (let the car go when it can, without ripping it) and still manage to drive fast enough. never rip it much though.

thinking of another service after about 2-3 more k. just to keep the car good. meanwhile, recession is taking toll on my and my work. team size reduced from 7 to just me. overload, short circuit, absolutely zero time for family, call it whatever you want and more.

will leave you with few photos of mysore, enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2557.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2578.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2602.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2631.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2699.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img_2750.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd April 2009, 16:55   #967
BHPian

cute fella u have there. But where is the felli ?

Edit : My post count reads 420 , LOL !!

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 3rd April 2009 at 17:04.
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:44   #968
Senior - BHPian

since you asked nikunj_cal -
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-felli.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2009, 21:45   #969
Senior - BHPian

so how is your car then nikunj, hope all problems are sorted out now. your service costs seem a bit unreasonable i noticed. what really was the issue?

i am slowly growing weary of this car. i was thinking of the comfortable types, honda, toyota, fiat linea etc. how much would a decent second hand new CRV cost?
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:05   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
so how is your car then nikunj, hope all problems are sorted out now. your service costs seem a bit unreasonable i noticed. what really was the issue?

i am slowly growing weary of this car. i was thinking of the comfortable types, honda, toyota, fiat linea etc. how much would a decent second hand new CRV cost?
The brake [pads had gone for a toss as a result the metal was eating into the disc . I had to replace both the disc and the pads. However still I get metal clenching noise when I break hard. I plan to take the car tommorrow or on Monday !
Old 7th April 2009, 02:36   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
OMG is that true ?

Ok after the discs and the brake pads repalcement , i get a metal clenching sound when I need to brake a bit harder than usual. Is that normal ?
Yeah same issue with my car. They fixed it but it came back in a day. How do I get this rectified? Cars run barely 3600 kms
Old 7th April 2009, 06:03   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Yeah same issue with my car. They fixed it but it came back in a day. How do I get this rectified? Cars run barely 3600 kms

You got me there buddy. For me it is really difficult to go to that Maaruti Service Centre . Cause anyday I go I am bound to lose 1.5 -2 hours of my precious time !
Old 8th April 2009, 14:11   #973
Senior - BHPian

ok this had to happen someday. i am growing old and its a sign of concentration loss. i had to take a left turn from a petrol pump. i noticed a stone pointing out and wanted to safely distance myself from it. just when I thought i was good at my math, a loud "screeeech". damage was done.

got down and saw what had gone wrong. the fender/bar below left front door was fully scratched and bent inside by few mm. luckily not a scratch on my tyres/wheels or door. only the bar below. i m deciding to live with it, dunno how much it would cost to repair.

so much is the achievement for 23k kms
Old 8th April 2009, 14:27   #974
BHPian

GeekSrik,

I am with You on this

I had exactly the same incident on Sunday which left my left-side running board badly dented (right below the rear door). 4k to replace is what the service guys told me, the vehicle was picked-up for body work and i should spend about 750 after insurance claim.

Very less run in this year, totally 27k on the odo.

+Rocky+
Old 8th April 2009, 14:40   #975
BHPian

Geek I am getting a job opportunity in bangy. How much will it cost for me on account of road tax for my 2 year old Ldi there ?

Awfully sad to heart about the dent. Both my rear wheel arches are partially dented and the car adjacent to me at my parking lot has put multiple scratches on my car side by constantly banging his doors against my car. Front boonet was recently dented by kids playing cricket in my building .I have given up on repairs ! I will take some pictures and post them here for you to see.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks