Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 10:26   #76
Team-BHP Support

ovals you already have? and circulars? a little more detail pls.
Old 30th June 2007, 10:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
ovals you already have? and circulars? a little more detail pls.
Once the details start flowing, be rest assured Geek the Icers will make you part with loads of money buying and installing compos, wires, amps, subs, damping et all

Last edited by BUSA : 30th June 2007 at 10:38.
Old 30th June 2007, 18:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

17k accessories installed, now my car looks and feels more like what i wanted!!

so finally,

got some time off today to myself to macchar maar, so i went ahead for accessories to konark. the ever helpful guy there made himself fully available for my car, so 3 hours of work. i left the car with him and went to the forum mall, to try booking tickets for sivaji the boss, but it was houseful. so just had a burger in mac-d and was back to attend to my car.

so what specially did i install? well, nothing much the same usual nonsense. central locking, stereo (old pioneer stereo, jbl oval pair) + new jbl circular door speakers with full wiring, wooden parcel shelf, new philips 90W headlamps, dolphin black seat covers, chrome tipped exhaust pipe cover, door stop beadings (small black ones - look cool!), steering leather wrap, and llumar sun film medium dark.

here are some snaps:

seat covers, sorry the lighting conditions were horrible, it was rainy and i used my mobile which was pathetic (motoming) - Rs.5,500, soft art leather

JBL ovals now rest on parcel shelf cum speaker stand, Rs.0
Best part is that this whole set of two speakers can be detached or attached as necessary if luggage space is required or not when on long journeys (a pair of audio input jacks are present on end of the shelf/plank)

cost of the wooden (MDF) plank Rs.900 (damn expensive! )

Central main unit, sorry panel is removed! apparently the space below is for CDs which i never knew! and above you can see the ganesha idol (highly slim ganesha given "free" by bimal, how generous!!) - Rs.0

Leather wrapped steering, boy oh boy! the steering grip feels wonderful, for same cost you get either a single tone or dual tone colour, i went for the latter - Rs. 350/-

Chrome exhaust pipe - Rs. 450/-

Door stop beadings - very cute and expensive again too, Rs.275/-

Lumar sunfilm - Rs.1800, Wooden rings for speakers Rs.200, Sockets for electrical connections Rs. 450, Central lock (sounds more like a pup whining) from autocop - Rs.3200, Philips Bulbs - Rs.900 (sheesh i guess i can get it at an employee discount from my own company)

Fixing charges Rs.200.

One strange thing with the central lock is that when you put in the key and start the engine, the locks dont engage, this he says is an issue only with swift diesel not petrol. other than this, if i use remote commander, everything works fine. sheesh i guess i have to manually remind myself to lock up all doors each time. i hate this aspect.

as for the ICE, after adding two more speakers and changing alignment of rear speakers (in maruti they were facing each other deep down in the boot, here its on parcel shelf), i must say the sound quality is MIND BOGGLING-ly clear. amazing clarity from JBL even without an amp. i am more than satisfied. at volume 10 the effect is mesmerising for you, at volume 20, even the public outside will enjoy your stereo. worth a combination of pioneer and jbl !! way to go.

now all thats left is perhaps a mundane office life, but with the daily thrill of driving and listening to enriching music and occassional central lock whines!

more soon.
Old 30th June 2007, 18:49   #79
Team-BHP Support

any particular brand for the steering grip? Is it Progrip?

1,800 for the llumar silver series I'm guessing is a tad expensive.

Which JBL speakers did you put in the front?
Old 30th June 2007, 18:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

vid, i am not sure whether its progrip. most likely not. llumar has varying varieties but it all starts at 1800. as for the spkrs i knew your question would be in here, but frankly i dont have the answer to it. i just called the dealer, he says its model no is 2165, 120w, 2way speakers, the ovals are 210w ones.
Old 30th June 2007, 18:57   #81
Team-BHP Support

yup the ovals I could make out as the 936. So your fronts are the CS2165. How much did they come to?

Regarding the Llumar tints actually if you bargain you can bring it down to Rs.1500 as the swift glass house is fairly small compared to other cars.

Also is the rear glass film a single piece or a 2/3 piece film. Llumar professional installation is a single piece irrespective of the glass.
Old 30th June 2007, 19:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

answers:

1. 2650 after 10% discount
2. could not bargain
3. its a single piece film.
Old 30th June 2007, 19:19   #83
BHPian

GeekSrik -

You should have gone to Stanley genuine leather for the Steering. It is machine stiched. It costs about Rs. 1000 or whereabouts. Stiching is awesome. My M800 has done about 45000+ kms / 3+ years of hard driving and My Accent is with it since the past 2.5+ years. Fantastic to grip and no slackening till date.

Would love to know experiences of forum members on leather steering grip.

-Harshavardhan
Old 30th June 2007, 21:57   #84
Senior - BHPian

Good Accessories Geek, enjoy your ride, One question about phillips 90W bulb, is this 100/90W Bulb and relay not needed right ? Soon I plan to put 10,000 rs more accessories on my Innova and headlight upgrade is one among the list, so asking. I guess my Innova comes with 65W bulb right now but not sure.

where is that Konark accessories shop because I stay in vijaynagar area and they guy I know is good he installed original fog lamps for my Innova but this may be I will try the same place you baught these accessories because now I know you have upgraded your bulbs and that guy is capable of installing it. so if you give that shop detail may be number so I can plan to drop in soon. Thank you.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess my Innova comes with 65W bulb right now but not sure
Its 60/55W

@ Geek - which philips lights have you put, ralleye?
Old 1st July 2007, 09:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

yes ravi and busa, its rally from philips. i think i saw a relay included. i was busy checking out the audio system and hence couldnt notice. must have one.
Old 1st July 2007, 10:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Busa, Geek I heard those headlights are very good because I feel Swift with stock headlight is better than whats there with Innova, however not sure fully. I have very good fog lamps for my Innova although I want to upgrade headlights too.

Ravi.
Old 1st July 2007, 10:52   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Good Accessories Geek, enjoy your ride, One question about phillips 90W bulb, is this 100/90W Bulb and relay not needed right ? Soon I plan to put 10,000 rs more accessories on my Innova and headlight upgrade is one among the list, so asking. I guess my Innova comes with 65W bulb right now but not sure.

where is that Konark accessories shop because I stay in vijaynagar area and they guy I know is good he installed original fog lamps for my Innova but this may be I will try the same place you baught these accessories because now I know you have upgraded your bulbs and that guy is capable of installing it. so if you give that shop detail may be number so I can plan to drop in soon. Thank you.

Regards,

Ravi.
if you want to upgrade to 100/90 youll have to get relays.
Old 1st July 2007, 10:52   #89
BANNED

guys an offtopic enquiry...i heard that swift manufacturing is temporarly stopped due to some problem with that car..heard this from a delear in hyderabad
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

what problem? could you elaborate? the only problem i know is the delivery problems.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks