Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2007, 23:38   #121
BHPian

I don't know why Wagon R gear box is being bashed so much. I have drove my friend's Wagon R Lxi and it was ok if not good.
Old 8th July 2007, 21:20   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hey all,
i ve been observing the gear shift in my car and it is horribly notchy. i am making absolutely sure about this statement twice over. i have checked over and over again and then found that this is really notchy to glory. have real trouble slotting into second and third, back and forth.
Srik
I do not have any problem. It is getting smoother day by day 2023 kms now. Couple of times I slotted 3rd instead of 1st. It s my mistake
Old 10th July 2007, 19:47   #123
Senior - BHPian

750kms and counting ....

i m still having issues with gearshift quality. anyways, better to wait and watch whether its more usable down the line. have finished about 750kms and got an average of about 14.5 this time with 36.89 litres of fuel and about 540kms on the odo since then. maybe a/c usage or whatever, not sure.

since i ll be completing 1000kms or thereabouts before the chennai trip, i am deciding to give the car for service tomorrow. else the chennai trip will add another 750km and it ll be come a paid service then.

i dont think i should do anything else other than oil filter change and general check. other than that i am satisfied with everything in this car and dont want anything including tyre pressure touched.

i also wanted to know if i need to do anything special for the preparation of the car for the highway trip on friday. since its my first time for such a long drive, wanted to know if anything in particular needs to be taken care of. any pointers are welcome.

Sriky
Old 10th July 2007, 19:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hey Geek,

I suggest your 1st service at Mandovi they are quiet good and many people have appreciated. If you know someone in BIMAL you can try them as well but what I have seen is BIMAL is not good in doing service as well.

So make sure you service the car at good service centre where you are comfortable. I thought of adding this comment because just in case if you forget.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:09   #125
Senior - BHPian

thanks ravi, i do it at green cars near my home. they do service cars well enough. hopefully they would take care of this baby of mine too.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:19   #126
Senior - BHPian

First service at 800kms done

hey all, today i completed my first service after about 800 kms. there is no engine sound difference compared to earlier. i could not take it out for a spin today itself, so will have to test the car tomorrow once again as to how it feels after the service.

i had specifically asked him not to touch my tyre pressures. and he hasnt. only oil change. Rs.670 is the bill.

so far so good. now to test it out ....
Old 11th July 2007, 20:57   #127
Senior - BHPian

Thats good to know about first service. you deserve Diesel because already 800km. Swift D is worth buy compared with SX4. Good that you baught Swift D. you will get better resale for Swift D compared with SX4 as well.

I feel once you complete 100km of running after oil change you will see the difference.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th July 2007, 13:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

I drove about 40kms today after first service and find the engine coarse (read as noisy) after 80mkph levels. other than that no other issues for now. i still find the gear shift horribly nothcy and i am not at all satisfied with it, its hard to slot too. i m not sure if i must get this thoroughly checked or just leave it as it is.
Old 12th July 2007, 13:56   #129
Team-BHP Support

Leave the gear shifts as it is for now. It's a new car. the gears will be hard to slot in for first few 1000kms.

It took me close to 2000kms till the box became slick on my alto.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:45   #130
Senior - BHPian

ok guys, so i m all ready to take this beauty of a car to chennai tomorrow. 800kms more of drive. wow i cant wait for it! today i drove back from office early (5:30) via the outer ring road, and boy i made it in 30 mins a distance of 25kms. after service the car feels better at higher speeds. i hear a distinct engine hum after i cross 80 upto 100+, but the heat meter shows normal, and rpm below 2k too.

somehow i didnt notice that he put in turbojet diesel at hp pump today morning. wonder whats the deal with mixing fuels of different pumps, i know its not recommended. tomorrow i am planning to full tank my car on shell fuel once more. and then when back from chennai on my way will fuel up again to full tank. but the FE figures will be highway driving with 5 people fully loaded and 30% ac.
Old 12th July 2007, 22:57   #131
Team-BHP Support

Happy journey geeksrik!

And, make sure you have us updated after the trip.
Old 12th July 2007, 22:58   #132
BHPian

Bon Voyage GeekSrik. Drive safe. Take pics. Post them all here.
Old 12th July 2007, 23:48   #133
Senior - BHPian

WHy only 30% a/c? You have an aversion to A/c?
Old 13th July 2007, 00:52   #134
BHPian

Happy journey. 30 % a.c. Hows the weather there. Its damn hot n humid in Delhi.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

the weather in chennai is rainy in the evenings, and sort of hot in the mornings. mixed bag. and yes kuttappan, me and my wifey have a major aversion towards too much of AC, add the pollen in bangalore to that and what you have is an itchy nose and throat making me sneeze hundreds of times! any perfume in the car will just trigger off the sequence of sneezing over and over again! so what i do is if its getting hot inside, switch on the ac for a few mins and when the temp cools down, switch it off.

somehow i feel humid cities are better off, i ve stayed in kuala lumpur for a year 36 deg with 90% humidity, and chennai often 40+ degrees with 100% humidity and I find its relatively hard to get ill with common colds and the likes. in banglaore the pollen is enough for all suffering. my entire family is down with allergic cough (dry cough) and bouts of fever, tiredness, weakness etc. its a horror to get over all this again and again. blame the pollen!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks