Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2007, 12:44   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Hey man, take it easy around corners. I had one thought though, I am totally torn between buying a swift petrol or diesel. I know the D will save cash, etc...but the lack of passive safety is shocking. ABS and EBD are an option and jack up the cost of the car like hell. Where as the ZXI is so well equipped that it shames cars that cost 10 lacs!. Do u think getting a used ZXI and then fitting an LPG kit could be a good move?
ABS+EBD only costs 20K more and its worth it.
Old 22nd September 2007, 12:50   #272
Senior - BHPian

i would not advise fitting LPG to any car for two reasons - 1. you dont know how safe they are, 2. the performance part. if you want sheer thrill, dont modify the car much always. drive what you have bought. keeping this in mind, October 15 is the second service deadline for me. And I have strictly told my service center that there is nothing wrong with the car and I expect it to be that way.
Old 26th September 2007, 17:32   #273
BHPian

alloy wheels

geeksrik

Got to see your swift's photos - the alloys look awesome. Thinking of getting the same ones and the tyres for my swift as well. How much did they cost - the alloys and the wheels and any idea where I could get them in Chennai ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:49   #274
Senior - BHPian

varadha, the alloys and wheels costed me 37000 for a set of five. i got them done at sai iyengar's service center at CMH road indiranagar. you could come down to bangalore, it will take 1 hour to fit and then you are off again! and you need a special bit to remove the alloys, you have to be sure to ask and buy that from him as well.
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:54   #275
Senior - BHPian

4000+ and counting

ok so i ve now finished 4200kms on my car, and nothing major as of now. once i went over a hump with just two of us, me and dad, and on the other side the wheel went a little deeper thanks to a pothole and my bumper banged the bottom (road). have to still see what went bust! seems driveable to me after that even now.

never bothered to see the mileage lately due to erratic office hours, pathetic bangalore traffic. i just got a little baby boy on october 1 and have been so much lost in my own world with him already. enjoying every moment of it.

my car's second service is due in about two to three weeks (and i d be completing 5k shortly). are there any things i need to remember to do during second service? please advice what gets changed during the second service so i am aware of that when i leave it with the service guys. also i plan to leave it with kalyani motors on mysore road, for their humanitarian approach towards customers! any inputs on how their service is would do some good to me. apparently they know how to solve the rattle problems too.

one thing is since the window is right in the middle, during rains the water never goes off even if we roll it down once. but kalyani claims they would put in a sponge so that when u roll the windows, the water is wiped off the glass. what a major relief that would be!
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:57   #276
Team-BHP Support

Congo on the baby Geek. What are you planning to name him ?
Old 4th October 2007, 01:06   #277
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the boy Geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congo on the baby Geek. What are you planning to name him ?
Arrey simple re, Geek Jr.!
Old 4th October 2007, 02:44   #278
BHPian

congrats man...Have a happy time parenting..
Old 4th October 2007, 10:11   #279
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Geek! Have a blast bringing him up!

Lot of BHP Babies this month (supreme baleno has also become a daddy as of yesterday.)

Old 4th October 2007, 12:47   #280
Senior - BHPian

Many hearty Congratulations Geek
Old 17th October 2007, 18:25   #281
Senior - BHPian

My second service completed at 4800 kms

I had given the car to Green Cars, Koramangala, Bangalore for my second service as my car neared 5k! I left it in the morning told them except for some noise while braking (needs greasing) i dont need anything else. So second service was done and car handed over to me at 5:30 evening neat and clean.

Problems before service? : NONE (we know rattling is a feature not a problem )

Problems after service? : When I remove my leg from the brake pedal slowly when the car is on a slope, the front of the car (I think wheel area) makes a "krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound. It wont come always, just only at times whenever the car feels bored.

There was no oil change or anything at this service. Next scheduled service at 10000km at which point i ll ask you all what all i should get done.

Performance after service: The car is trying to understand that it has been serviced and is slowly getting used to it. From tomorrow it should be back to normal. Otherwise its a gem of an engine. Effortlessly toiling for me always the way I need it to. Car's visibility is bad but in a way this is a way in which we people will drive it slowly (read 100kph instead of 120kph! LOL) and manage it well. the best part of the car can be felt if you dont revv the engine but naturally take it upto 100+. there is some body roll, but nothing which is not there in other cars (read as santro + you @ rear = break your backs)

My little son sleeps tight when in the car with the a/c on and in the rear seat. of course he is too little to even know he is in a car! (and btw he is now named Ved Srikanth)

For the rattles someone told me that Kalyani motors knows how to fix this issue. So I ll have to take it to the other end of the country some day (read: mysore road) to get this done.

The alloys and michelins are doing their job at their level best already and i have no qualms.

For now its back to business.
and oh yes cost of this service: Rs.0/- + Rs.34/- for some greasing and some clip for mud guard.

Until more : tata!

Last edited by GeekSrik : 17th October 2007 at 18:29.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:33   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to know its been an effortless ride till date. How many months for 5K? Dont see your car pictures anywhere?
Old 17th October 2007, 18:33   #283
Team-BHP Support

Hey congratz geek !!!

regarding krrrr sound.. its the brake pad being wet, will disappear in couple of days time.
Old 17th October 2007, 20:09   #284
Senior - BHPian

mobike, its been about 4 months now and 5k kms. thats more or less 1250/month. and as for photos, its here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post477489
Old 17th October 2007, 23:16   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
mobike, its been about 4 months now and 5k kms. thats more or less 1250/month. and as for photos, its here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post477489

Coll now u can get the service done and report back on the mileage , Have u TD the new Getz CRDi ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks