Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 11:31   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are synonyms.
I dont think so, Osram Silverstar are Xenons but not HIDs. correct me if i am wrong.
Old 4th January 2008, 16:33   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Just calculated my FE. Its 20-21 kmpl in Delhi's city traffic with 0 % ac. And I have used either HP or IOC normal diesel. I didn't observe any difference in engine sound. Though sometimes I use Heater, and my understanding is that it does not puts any extra stress on engine as it draws its power from battery unlike AC which runs a compressor from engine. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also when AC is on and thermostat is at half on cooler side. How does thermostat adjust temperature. Does it use heater to compensate for extra coldness or just gets easy on compressor ? Maruti service advisor told me that its 1st one but I am not sure because he looked like he was guessing.

I have seen many diesel car smoke very badly and am always wary of the fact that my car beign diesel would someday smoke like that. Touch wood, till now at 7k kms its doesn't emit any black smoke even in cold winter start at 2 deg celsius or little heavy footed drive.

Also expert please verify if this statement is true or not regarding White light headlamps " White light headlamps are not good for highway driving because their light intensity is not good enough and they have lesser range compare to their yellow counterparts "

21 in city, ahhh well i forgot the width of the roads you have in Delhi, full enjoy maari boss !!! In kolkata where less than 6% of the total area is dedicated to roads , my 16.2 without a/c is not bad i guess !! Dad has taken the car on its first highway trip ,lets see what mileage she returns ! Fingers crossed !

Do you have stock tyres by any chance , but anyway that would on drop the mileage by a km a litre max to max i guess ! So in comparsion my car gives 17.2 without a/c !! I think I will have to be more light footed while driving .

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 4th January 2008 at 16:37.
Old 4th January 2008, 18:15   #378
BHPian

yes I have stock tyres. Tyres are one items which I would like to upgrade soon. Part of delhi roads are good and part are very bad. And where there are good road is compensated by very large no of vehicles.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:33   #379
Senior - BHPian

You guys wanna increase mileage? Get a Petes box, i am not joking. My mileage has increased by around a kmpl with the box.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:37   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You guys wanna increase mileage? Get a Petes box, i am not joking. My mileage has increased by around a kmpl with the box.
BUSA, any idea on the warranty implication of installing the box? I know from one of your past posts that your particular dealer ignores the box. Any thoughts on if this is the standard practice or only based on your relationship with the dealer?
Old 4th January 2008, 19:50   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am certainly going for one later this year. Any ideas what is the current price for the Accent CRDI?
Old 4th January 2008, 20:47   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BUSA, any idea on the warranty implication of installing the box? I know from one of your past posts that your particular dealer ignores the box. Any thoughts on if this is the standard practice or only based on your relationship with the dealer?
Thats more to do with the relationship with the dealer. Some service center's may make it a reason to void your warranty, however its best to unplug it before sending the car for service, unplugging it is hardly a 5 mins job.

Mobike - I think the price is around 22k or something for the Accent, not sure thought, check with Peter.
Old 4th January 2008, 21:48   #383
rippergeo

Quote:
Thats more to do with the relationship with the dealer. Some service center's may make it a reason to void your warranty, however its best to unplug it before sending the car for service, unplugging it is hardly a 5 mins job.

Mobike - I think the price is around 22k or something for the Accent, not sure thought, check with Peter.
for the accent the prices have fallen, now close to 18000 I think!

Old 5th January 2008, 10:16   #384
Senior - BHPian

8400 over.

so yesterday another 200km done. while i was driving back, at one point there was a whole lot of black smoke and soot sprayed all over my windshield from nowwhere suddenly. I just got the of my life wondering where the hell did so much smoke come from the bonnet!

Then I realized that someone had dropped a lot of fine tar sand (black) in front on the road and when the car in front of me went by it (800) he suddenly blew the whole thing on my car. phew! that was one heck of a practical scare I got in my entire life!

I am yet to go buy the mobil oil. And other than that I am still to find some guy who would do the damping part for me. Pete's has been my dream but I think it costs 30k for swift if i am not wrong. So for some birthday i ll have to buy myself this gift (dont i sound like a kid choosing what he wants as a surprise for his birthday )

3rd service report coming soon.
Old 5th January 2008, 10:50   #385
Senior - BHPian

Geek,Talk to Blueraven.He'll do the damping for U.
Btw, It would be nice if U give updates every 5000kms.Not every 200kms!
Old 5th January 2008, 13:26   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

I noticed black smoke behind me on acceleration the other day. Just the one occasion.

At about 3,500Km now, and my Swift seems to have lost it get-up and go. I just seem to be changing down for acceleration more often, or on hills.

I think it is since my last fillup, so I'm not going to do anything about it unless it continues into the next tankful which I'll buy somewhere else. As I don't do 'diesel mileage' that could take a few weeks.
Old 6th January 2008, 00:00   #387
BHPian

Have you guys ever found swift bonnet hot after coming from a drive ? Whenever I have checked the bonnet after 30 mins - 1 hr drive from office, it feels normal. I guess this is because of that pad thing inside bonnet.
Old 6th January 2008, 14:34   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Always...

It makes me think I must let the car cool before putting on the cover.

(which means I usually don't get around to it, and the car is always covered in dust.)
Old 6th January 2008, 17:01   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
for the accent the prices have fallen, now close to 18000 I think!
Average Milage = 15 KMPL

Peted Milage = 16 KMPL

Cost = Rs.18000

Do the math. How long is it going to take you to break even? If it is only for milage improvement, pete's box may not be a very good idea.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 6th January 2008, 18:48   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Average Milage = 15 KMPL

Peted Milage = 16 KMPL

Cost = Rs.18000

Do the math. How long is it going to take you to break even? If it is only for milage improvement, pete's box may not be a very good idea.

Cheers,
Rajan
I never bought the box for FE, all i meant to say you can have your cake and eat it too.

Quote:
Whenever I have checked the bonnet after 30 mins - 1 hr drive from office, it feels normal. I guess this is because of that pad thing inside bonnet.
That is to reduce the noise levels.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks