Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 17:48   #436
Senior - BHPian

To be frank, normal free touch up would be enough in your case..

my friend, scratches like that will continue to happen even if its not ur fault.. here in bangalore, the two wheelers are known for such scratches.. while stuck in traffic jams..

i have few such scratches too.. didnt do anything apart from touch up jobs..
Old 16th January 2008, 18:10   #437
BHPian

Little Noice

I have been observing a slight noise " like a warning indicator " , whenever i turn on the lights . this has been going on for last two weeks.

Has Anybody else experienced it ...

No ICE in the car as yet , Just a digital clock.

This sound is like "ppppp'" and is over only when i switch off the light .

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 16th January 2008 at 18:12.
Old 16th January 2008, 18:14   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

It happens if the lights are on and the door (driver's door only?) is open. Check the door is shut properly, or there may be a fault with the door switch. Does the internal light go on and off ok when opening/shutting driver's door?
Old 16th January 2008, 18:21   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
It happens if the lights are on and the door (driver's door only?) is open. Check the door is shut properly, or there may be a fault with the door switch. Does the internal light go on and off ok when opening/shutting driver's door?
Thanks for the reply , i have VID , it does have an indicator of a door is open .
It might not the case . the sound is very very low .. and can only be heard if you observe very closely. Yes car's internal light is mosty off . but i will check it further

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 16th January 2008 at 18:22.
Old 17th January 2008, 00:20   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
the sound is very very low .. and can only be heard if you observe very closely. Yes car's internal light is mosty off . but i will check it further
I think I might be having same problem in my car. In my case its with the headlights. Whenever I switch on the lights theres a very low volume sound of high frequency. Kind of shrill. Its been there since starting. You have to observe very closely to notice it. My driver does not seem to notice it.
Old 17th January 2008, 02:11   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, Just completed 10000 kms(actually almost 11K) and 3rd Service. But just noticed that the engine ain't as smooth as it used to be. I mean it has not become extremely noisy like th Indica, but then NVH levels have gone a little up. Do any of you guys observe this after 10K kms?
Old 17th January 2008, 09:52   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hey guys, Just completed 10000 kms(actually almost 11K) and 3rd Service. But just noticed that the engine ain't as smooth as it used to be. I mean it has not become extremely noisy like th Indica, but then NVH levels have gone a little up. Do any of you guys observe this after 10K kms?
I am nearing my 3rd service. What all did you get done this time ?

As for the NVH levels, they are slightly high in early delhi mornings (cold start) but generally subside as the engine heats up.
Old 17th January 2008, 11:48   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am nearing my 3rd service. What all did you get done this time ?

As for the NVH levels, they are slightly high in early delhi mornings (cold start) but generally subside as the engine heats up.
Only oil change. The service engineer assured that NHV levels would come down and I would feel 'like new'. But one thing I observed. After third service, I somehow feel that low end torque had improved. Not sure whether he played with the tuning a little bit. Anyways, a welcome change.
Old 17th January 2008, 12:00   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Only oil change. The service engineer assured that NHV levels would come down and I would feel 'like new'. But one thing I observed. After third service, I somehow feel that low end torque had improved. Not sure whether he played with the tuning a little bit. Anyways, a welcome change.
Only the oil change ? What about filters ? And how much oil did he put in ?
Old 17th January 2008, 12:15   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Some electrical circuits seem to have that kind of noise.

I've never noticed it, but my hearing is very deficient at higher frequencies. I cannot hear the indicator tick on the swift, although my wife says it is clear.

If my car has this sound, it is most likely that I wouldn't know.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:59   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Damping with avaliable damping material is usually makes vehicle heavy, try getting done with old clothe pieces(Anwar from Autofusion is using the same) works well and light weight and my Swifts doors makes just one "thug" sound while closing the door's.And no rattlings at all.
damping with cloth ? somehow i was not so confident of going to autofusion for my alloys itself. the no rattlings is something i gotta see to believe! another 1k to go for 3rd free service.

also i am going to mysore on sunday so thats about 300km more to the odo
Old 17th January 2008, 15:42   #447
BANNED

Dont buy any stuff from Autofusion costly guy for Audio installation they are the best in Bangalore(Anwar).I got only my Audio installation and damping done by him rest of things are bought from cheapest and best deal available in Bangalore including Music system.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:59   #448
BHPian

Clocked 6.5 k kms and i think the nvh has gone up a bit ! Have to check a new car and confirm the same . Will the sound of the car increase as it clocks more and more ? Any idea anybody ?
Old 18th January 2008, 13:27   #449
Senior - BHPian

by my personal experience - yes! but it also depends on oil changes and type of oil used which brings down the nvh a bit now and then. the only other solution - damping!
Old 19th January 2008, 13:47   #450
Senior - BHPian

Mobil 5W50, waiting to be served to my engine for breakfast!

so finally i had a chance to go to lalbagh today anticipating some great photography on the day of the flower show. only that i was baffled when i found out that i was one of the first few people there and there were no flowers yet and all would be ready only by 3pm - i then thought what a waste of time and just took walks along lalbagh for sometime, then went to the rather degraded-quality-MTR and had some tiffin which tasted nuts. whiled away an hour or so before i went to general auto spares and bought the much needed mobil 5W50 synthetic (without engine flush as its my 10k service). for a 4 litre can it costed me 3.2k (without vat/bill)

here are some snaps:

the real deal was to test my new Tamron 18-250 lens and of course to get the oil, which i could achieve for the day today.

at a zoom of an effective 14x optical for my canon rebel XTI it does a great job of producing decent images!

I have a journey of upto 400 kms to undertake tomorrow to mysore and at the current reading my car shows 8992 kms!

Last edited by GeekSrik : 19th January 2008 at 13:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks