Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 14:07   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Only the oil change ? What about filters ? And how much oil did he put in ?
Sorry for the delayed response dude... Yeah, oil filter changed. Rs.334. Engine oil- 3.3Litres. Rs.572. Including VAT, etc, the bill came around Rs.1110

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 19th January 2008 at 14:11.
Old 20th January 2008, 02:22   #452
BHPian

Third Service..

my dealer DD moters is calling in car for third service , but in the mannual it says 10,000 km or 1 year....

the car has done 7000 k and is 9 months old ...

what do i do ... should i got in for the service as dealer suggested...
Old 20th January 2008, 10:41   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd save it until you reach one of those points.

The dealers seem to like to be ahead --- perhaps because that gets them more service business?
Old 20th January 2008, 14:57   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'd save it until you reach one of those points.

The dealers seem to like to be ahead --- perhaps because that gets them more service business?
I agree. Also, the way they are running behind business shows wrong signals. Be careful. No offence.
Old 20th January 2008, 17:40   #455
Senior - BHPian

ok! mysore trip over. about 300kms went ahead with shell diesel at Rs.38.40 (quite expensive!) but the response of the car is just terrific with shell. drove quite slowly between 80-100 lazily until mandya when some maniac white swift screwed up everyone on the road and irritated many to glory. it was a vxi petrol white, with white alloys.

there was a truck in front of him on right lane, and truck beside truck on left lane and qualis behind truck parallel to him on left lane as well and me behind qualis. and then this guy suddenly pulls to left and almost touches qualis. at the next available opportunity qualis is in front, him at the back and me at his back and qualis applies brakes and jams him up to teach him a lesson to slow down. he does this four to five times to prove who is boss not allowing him to overtake.

now i am going behind these two on left lane with slow truck on right lane and begin to get irritated with that swift guy. i decide enough is enough although I NEVER wanted to do this ever. I switch to mud filled lane onto extreme left, rev my swift, raise the dust and overtake from complete left and leave these two quarelling guys in a cloud of mud and am on my way again.

then after much fighting i seem to have lost them when this swift guy again turns up at breakneck speed (140+) when i am at 100. now its maddur. i decide enough is now really enough. i just revv up and see him disappear in the mirror until its srirangapatna. i gave up on racing though and went back to my 80-90 stints. when this guy reappears and goes to overtake me on left and then takes a full U-turn at srirangapatna towards coorg road right in front of me without any indicators. i had already anticipated this so this foolish manourvre of his was not at all surprising for me. just that he proved himself to be a total idiot. and to top it all he had elders with him (50-60+ ppl) in this car which he drove like this. pathetic sense of skill on the roads!

He even had his fog lamps on in broad daylight!

otherwise attended a marriage saw a few friends, spent time at kamat for breakfast and tiffin in the evening and back home. car now reads 9300 km. 700 more to go to feed the mobil.

Srik
Old 20th January 2008, 23:27   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Fifty to sixty people in a Swift?

And it still went like that?

Seriously, how annoying, though. There's all the pleasure and interest of that stretch of road irritated out of you. Hope you left plenty of mud on his white paint.
Old 20th January 2008, 23:47   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
my dealer DD moters is calling in car for third service , the car has done 7000 k and is 9 months old ...
Hey, they called me too to remind me of getting my car serviced and my car has done around 7k and 8 months old. I guess they are getting proactive in ensuring people get their car serviced by them and on time.
Old 21st January 2008, 01:45   #458
Senior - BHPian

Geek - 3.2k for Mobil? Isint that too much, i got it for 2.6k
Old 21st January 2008, 07:49   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Fifty to sixty people in a Swift?

And it still went like that?

Seriously, how annoying, though. There's all the pleasure and interest of that stretch of road irritated out of you. Hope you left plenty of mud on his white paint.
i said people who are aged 50-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Geek - 3.2k for Mobil? Isint that too much, i got it for 2.6k

i have bought 4 L busa, not 3. so i guess the price is right? i contacted jaggu from the shop and he told me 4L is desirable.
Old 21st January 2008, 12:33   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have bought 4 L busa, not 3. so i guess the price is right? i contacted jaggu from the shop and he told me 4L is desirable.
I also bought 4L can for 2.6k, you dont get 3L can, instead you will have to buy 3 x 1L cans. He charged you Rs. 800/Liter, wheras i bought it Rs.650/Liter, still have 700ml with me, Swift takes in just 3.3L
Old 21st January 2008, 12:42   #461
BHPian

Geeksrik, Your rear view mirror seems to be differnt. Is it day/night rear view mirror?, As I need one for my Ldi.
Old 21st January 2008, 12:46   #462
Team-BHP Support

The rates of the oil in bangalore are correct. BUSA the prices may be different in Mumbai or you have got some other oil. Geek has the right prices for the oil.
Old 21st January 2008, 13:02   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The rates of the oil in bangalore are correct. BUSA the prices may be different in Mumbai or you have got some other oil. Geek has the right prices for the oil.
I have got the right oil, 5W50 Mobil 1, ask anyone thats the prevaling rate in Mumbai, Rs. 650 per liter. Maybe in Bangy its a bit on the higher side.
Old 21st January 2008, 14:00   #464
BHPian

Quote:
I have got the right oil, 5W50 Mobil 1,....Maybe in Bangy its a bit on the higher side.
Yes 800 it is in bangalore. If you haggle, may be it might come down to 750. Thats about it.
Old 21st January 2008, 14:11   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got the right oil, 5W50 Mobil 1, ask anyone thats the prevaling rate in Mumbai, Rs. 650 per liter. Maybe in Bangy its a bit on the higher side.
Right, send me 4 cans then
Closed Thread

Most Viewed