Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 14:43   #466
Team-BHP Support

geek, price is aok and you will require it since you will replace oil filter also, 3 lit will be cutting it too close.

do let us know the feedback once you make the shift to Mobil 1.
Old 21st January 2008, 15:29   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Geeksrik, Your rear view mirror seems to be differnt. Is it day/night rear view mirror?, As I need one for my Ldi.
Its just an OEM mirror (375 bucks) no night mode and all that. its wider and was from my maruti 800, and it sits on top of the old mirror and gives me a real wide view of the road around me at the back. suits the irritating visibility of the swift well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
geek, price is aok and you will require it since you will replace oil filter also, 3 lit will be cutting it too close.

do let us know the feedback once you make the shift to Mobil 1.
am waiting to drive the swift with the mobil! will surely tell you sooner than later and thanks mate for answering that call sunday morning 10, perhaps you had a toothbrush in your mouth
Old 21st January 2008, 17:01   #468
BHPian

@auster_sly Go to Maruti site and see under accessories: Car care products mentions something like rain repellent
Old 21st January 2008, 18:01   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
am waiting to drive the swift with the mobil!
NVH will be lesser and car will be smoother. Avg will increase slightly.
Old 21st January 2008, 18:13   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks mate for answering that call sunday morning 10, perhaps you had a toothbrush in your mouth
Your call was my wake up alarm anytime man but update with the feedback, thats all.
Old 21st January 2008, 19:17   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when this guy reappears and goes to overtake me on left and then takes a full U-turn at srirangapatna towards coorg road right in front of me without any indicators. pathetic sense of skill on the roads!
I agree but what to do some people are like that only !!

And you too ? Clicking pictures through the RVM while driving ? Or is that your navigator ?
Quote:
He even had his fog lamps on in broad daylight!

Old 21st January 2008, 22:28   #472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And you too ? Clicking pictures through the RVM while driving ? Or is that your navigator ?
We can actually see who is clicking
Old 22nd January 2008, 08:24   #473
Senior - BHPian

as i said i NEVER do such things. but this was one of an exception. it was only me, him and the road for miles together. and my other hand was on the steering.
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:20   #474
BHPian

The jury is out. Geeksrik is as guilty as the other guy. Feed him to the lions.
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:48   #475
BANNED

Guys finished around 1300 KMs and now gear shift is became smoother then before, till date no rattlings may be the damping is helping my Car to not to do that.Happy with overall perfomance but i am getting only 16 KMPL with 110% AC in City(some times park my car with AC for 20-40 minutes if my kid is sleeping there ofcource with one more person to take care of him), till date no highway drive.
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:42   #476
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Guys finished around 1300 KMs and now gear shift is became smoother then before, till date no rattlings may be the damping is helping my Car to not to do that.Happy with overall perfomance but i am getting only 16 KMPL with 110% AC in City(some times park my car with AC for 20-40 minutes if my kid is sleeping there ofcource with one more person to take care of him), till date no highway drive.
16 with 110% AC in the city in a new car == not bad at all
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:51   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Happy with overall perfomance but i am getting only 16 KMPL with 110% AC in City(some times park my car with AC for 20-40 minutes if my kid is sleeping
Sir, thats a pretty top notch FE if you ask me.

Im getting close to the same when it is peak traffic (1/2 gear, long signals etc). City 16, Highway+City (50-50) returned around 18.20

A/C while idling sucks more fuel than when the engine is running so I presume you can expect 19 KMPL safely on the highway and possibly higher.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:00   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Sir, thats a pretty top notch FE if you ask me.

Im getting close to the same when it is peak traffic (1/2 gear, long signals etc). City 16, Highway+City (50-50) returned around 18.20

A/C while idling sucks more fuel than when the engine is running so I presume you can expect 19 KMPL safely on the highway and possibly higher.

People complain when they get an FE of 16+ with 40 minutes of idle a.c. !! I have clocked 16.2 after second service with 0% a.c. and I am still happy cause the way I use turbo 16 + is an excellent FE !!

Now for the sad news. It happened at around 6:15 pm yesterday. Was going to pick up wifey. Got down from the ajc bose road flyover and wanted to turn right. Stood patiently for about 3 mins with the right turn indicator on . Then a loud bump and the car inches forward and stops. I have just been hit by a car standing in the que ! Turned the car off and got off to inspect the damage. The bumper looked fine with not even a scratch . But i knew the damage must be there somewhere , maybe it was internal. Again no use picking up an arguement . The amby guy promptly folded his hands abd said "Sorry bhaijan" . Gave him a long hard look , told him thanks and tried to inspect the damage again. It was dark so I gave up. Went down to the car today early morning and tried to spot the damage . The bumper did not have a scratch but then I saw it. The bumper under the impact had folded upward and a clear line was visible on the upper part of the bumper ( where the dicky door closes ) . Something like how the Himalayas were formed ( you know the fold mountain thing we read in geography in the ninth standard). Well i have my own personal mini himalayas now . I give up . I think I will create a small fund by contributing rs 500 every month and call it car repair fund !! Will take some pics and post it today .
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:35   #479
Senior - BHPian

gaaaaaaaaaaaah. thats bad nikunj. i know how it feels. change the bumper have some peace of mind atleast. there is utter lawlessness in the country today and you have all the westernized symptoms - school shootings, kidnappings, murders accidents what not! take care. the only way to get out of all this is HOPE.

@vibzez - thanks for the compliments. but isnt a "zero" accident, "zero" dent record for 8 years of driving in bangalore city impeccable
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:38   #480
Senior - BHPian

engine noise

hello all

my engine rocks and even roars its roaring so much that passengers including me cant even drive it for less than one hour at a stretch. my ears are blocked and its very irritating. even at 60kph it starts its roar which gets deafeningly louder by 100kph.

is damping the only way to solve this ?

srik
Closed Thread

Most Viewed