Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 16:34   #61
BHPian

Nimz, What dealer told you was about opening by remote is when you are opening the door to enter the car (you are outside the car). But if you are already inside the car and locked the door, you can unlock all 4 doors by manually unlocking driver side door.
Old 19th July 2007, 19:51   #62
BHPian

THanks Jaggu, Radek.

And yes am reading the manual.. sometimes reads like my Processor Programming class in Engineering... :(

Nimz
Old 20th July 2007, 17:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hi folks

I guess Autocop is a brand of Keystone Appliances which is the company or did i get cheated!!
Hey Nimz,
I confirmed and found out that Keystone Appliances Pvt Ltd manufactures Autocop remote car alarms. It has also won many awards.
Your product is genuine. Stay cool.

Cheers,
DJ
Old 20th July 2007, 17:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Hey Nimz,
I confirmed and found out that Keystone Appliances Pvt Ltd manufactures Autocop remote car alarms. It has also won many awards.
Your product is genuine. Stay cool.

Cheers,
DJ
@djay

Thanks.

I found out the same too.

Nimz
Old 20th July 2007, 17:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Nimz hope sparky is doing fine. Any updates on initial F.E.? How much have you done till date?
Old 23rd July 2007, 02:47   #66
BHPian

@ forum : I see a lot of posts where in people are dropping out SPARK simply because it looks tiny. Its not about the interior cabin space thats prompting their decision but the exterior look. I am of the opinion that the car is made small to make it a good city car, though its pretty spacious for its size.

Does one need to drop this car simply because it looks tiny
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:49   #67
BHPian

Fe

@ gemi

FE after completing 278.5 kms on 23 litres of fuel is 12.1 Kms/l

This includes 50 kms of highway driving.

REst in Bangalore city traffic and not switching off in less than 100 second signals.

Also includes my "learning" and driving half a km with hand brake on. .

Had a bad experiecne too while driving Sparky over the weekend whcih got her her first dent.... will post that tomorrow with heartbreaking pics.. :(

nimz
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:34   #68
BHPian

NIMZ, has your FE taken a dip ??? I had read one of your earlier posts where you had stated a mileage of 13-14 with ac in city. In between, very sorry to hear about the dent .
Old 24th July 2007, 13:14   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
NIMZ, has your FE taken a dip ??? I had read one of your earlier posts where you had stated a mileage of 13-14 with ac in city. In between, very sorry to hear about the dent .
No that was just rough calculations based on the markings on the fuel indicator..

This is the first time am calculating on full tank to full tank.

Too bad is it??

Nimz
Old 24th July 2007, 13:18   #70
Team-BHP Support

@nimz: dont bother too much about FE now, its too early and you are also getting familiar with sparky.

Second time when you do the fill, note the KM and run for around 100 to 150 kms and do another fill and you will get a more realistic FE figure.
Old 24th July 2007, 13:19   #71
Team-BHP Support

I dont think its too bad considering its a new car. The FE will go up by 1 - 2 kmpl after the services are done and you are used to driving in a particular style.

Sorry about the dent man !! But consider it as "nazar battu" . I hope its nothing too serious
Old 24th July 2007, 16:07   #72
BHPian

Nimz congrats on your new car. I am planning to buy the spark as well. Thanks to you and other BHPian's have collected lots of useful info

Wanted to know if you have fitted in a ICE yet? Do you think the back speakers would effect the already minuscule boot space?

Also the GM guy called me and told me that there is a cash & corporate discount (about 9K) that they are offering on the LS model now. It just might make up my mind.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:05   #73
BHPian

@ jaggu - thanks again.. will update that next weekend when I take it to Shell.

@ Ethan - good for you.. we never enjoyed such benefits!!

Well the dent.. I dont know how much that would affect the car...

It started with a plan to go to the Raymond factory beyond yehlanka...to pick up some suits at discounted rates (its not worth it as we discovered later.)
So crawling up to Mekhri...then Yehlanka and then highway.. nice weather.. keeping within 100kmph..smooth and no noise inside..sparky slyly slipping to 110 kmph...but keeping it in check.
Then disaster - Rain and the roads were all cut up..work was on and heavy truck traffic..
So poor Sparky forced to take a detour in some rally conditions.. full slush and uneven roads.. at a turn a loud thud!! heart stops.. but lorry honks so have to go.. checked later nothing in the undercarriage.. but later at home after the slush on the tires were washed away.. I saw the rim / wheel cover (dont know which) bent like this.

Me sob sob.. if its the rim I guess that will be expensive.. but I didnt notice any problems while driving..no lean towards one side etc..

well thats the dent.. Got back into Bangy after dark and found streets flooded. Was scared Sparky would have a problem wading through water.. but no such issues and no water seepage..

Then.. a bullet shot like sound.. Stopped the car to check if the headlights had burst or something..(headlights are very dull and so you dont know if they are on or off..just like the silent engine). Nothing.. but at home found a small dot of a crack at the bottom of the windscreen. Felt it from inside the car but there it was smooth.. only the external seemed to have slightly cracked.. how? A passing stone.. but I wasnt travelling at more than 50kmph.. is the windscreen so weak..cost cutting by GM??

So these 2 things to spoil my mood for the rest of the month...

Otherwise liked Sparky..totally at home on highway and city.. no issues at all.. except the above.. :(
Old 24th July 2007, 19:19   #74
Team-BHP Support

Not to worry, Nimz youv'e just scraped the rims and ever so slightly bent it. The plastic wheel cap getting damaged is not a big issue.

Keep that wheel as the spare tyre. Since it's a small damage the rim can also be repaired for probably less than 100 rupees.

And If you think it's a new car and want it as good as new go for a new rim. It costs Rs.720 as per the parts cost below.

Chevrolet Spark

For the windshield you should get it changed under warranty. Just tell them it broke and not hit by a stone. It's not a cost cutting measure by GM, it's after all just glass.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:27   #75
Team-BHP Support

Take the rim to a good tyre shop (ensure you remove the wheel from the car), then ask the tyre guys to fix it and do not watch, they will take a hammer and bring it back to shape. Just to be sure you can balance the wheel also.

Reg windshield if its a small speck dont bother really aint worth all the effort and job to replace it, but if its more than 1/4 inch crack, try checking with dealer if they can replace.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks