Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 19:36   #76
rks
BANNED

Nimz, I think you are having tubeless tyres. So watch out for slow leakage; can happen if the bead mounting area is affected even slightly. The rim bend can also cause problems at high speeds because the wheel would have gone out of balance.

I think there is a rim-straightening machine available at some garages/tyre shops. If so that might be better than hammering the rim into shape. Otherwise as pointed out you can go for a new wheel.

Last edited by rks : 24th July 2007 at 19:37.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:41   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I think there is a rim-straightening machine available at some garages/tyre shops. If so that might be better than hammering the rim into shape. Otherwise as pointed out you can go for a new wheel.
especially if tubeless tyre, for peace of mind. Rim straightening machines will be there with good tyre dealers. The pics dont show major damage to the rim also, its a very slight bent on the lip, nevertheless get it fixed.
Old 25th July 2007, 15:37   #78
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu / RKS / Vid,

The 1 month reassurance checkup is due this weekend. So maybe will ask dealer about rim and (if necessary) replace the windscreen - this is very small maybe less than an inch and towards the bottom of the screen..Anyway will check both.

Thanks a ton guys..makes me feel lighter
Old 26th July 2007, 18:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nimz,

I am still under confusion whether to buy spark or swift diesel. I have not seen a single spark from many days. Whats happening in Bangalore?
I saw many SX4 and swift after couple of days they were launched. But no Sparky. Hope no probs with the car.
Howz ur sparky doing?
Old 26th July 2007, 18:41   #80
BHPian

Spark or Swift D??? The two cars are poles apart. Swift D should undoubtedly be your pick.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:45   #81
Team-BHP Support

@djay: Post in What car section. Here Nimz is sharing his ownership experience with Sparky, asking him such questions will not be meaningful.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:45   #82
Team-BHP Support

Swift D if you have the budget. However, if you are going for a small car, Spark it is from the segment.

Nimz, how many kilometres clocked till now?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th July 2007 at 18:46.
Old 26th July 2007, 20:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Swift D if you have the budget. However, if you are going for a small car, Spark it is from the segment.

Nimz, how many kilometres clocked till now?
Crossed 500 odd kms right now.. didnt take it out for a few days following the dent .

No other probs.. not even minor ones..

Would advice a Headlight change for any new Spark owner. Very very dull.

OT - @ djay: BUy a car that you like to drive and what suits you.. not what the majority like to drive or what suits the majority.

Nimz
Old 27th July 2007, 11:01   #84
BHPian

One more Sparky on T-BHP !!

(with kind permission from Nimz to use his thread for sister Sparky)
So finally I got my Spark on last weekend, but was waiting for registration. Finally got the number plates on Tuesday evening. Same color as Nimz's Sparky, Platinum metallic. With my 60Km a day route to office, quickly completed first 125 kms (Dont ask me why I have not opted for Diesel car).

One liner early impression about my spark is - She is too too good. I really love the smoothness of engine, quietness of cabin. I still dont have ICE, so enjoy this feeling.

Only problem I am having with Spark is sitting position. I started having backache while driving - something to do with shape of the sit or lumbar support. Very first day I was also brushing accelerator while pressing brake. But I soon got used the new position. Now this is not a problem anymore.

Got some friends to show (of) my spark. They loved the look and the drive. As there are not many sparks on the road yet, I am enjoying the attention that she receive.

@Nimz: I think the headlights are adequate. Anything more than this will be problem for other drivers. I drive on stretch of highway with no streetlights. But I had no problems with headlights. I haven't even used full beam or fog lamps. But then I am not crossing 80km/hr and it was not raining. Do you have this problem on road with no streetlights? Because in city sometime you don't see your own headlights because of powerful lights used by other cars or bright streetlights
Old 27th July 2007, 14:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Go go sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
OT - @ djay: BUy a car that you like to drive and what suits you.. not what the majority like to drive or what suits the majority.

Nimz
Thx Nimz for the advice. Finally i have decided to buy Spark LT Platinum Metallic next month.
Thx Nimz, EMD and all Team-BHPians for the valuable advice.

@Nimz and Radek
Do you guys think the stock 155/70 R13 tyres are sufficient for the power the sparky has?
Old 27th July 2007, 19:36   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
So finally I got my Spark on last weekend, but was waiting for registration. Finally got the number plates on Tuesday evening. Same color as Nimz's Sparky, Platinum metallic. With my 60Km a day route to office, quickly completed first 125 kms (Dont ask me why I have not opted for Diesel car).

One liner early impression about my spark is - She is too too good. I really love the smoothness of engine, quietness of cabin. I still dont have ICE, so enjoy this feeling.

Only problem I am having with Spark is sitting position. I started having backache while driving - something to do with shape of the sit or lumbar support. Very first day I was also brushing accelerator while pressing brake. But I soon got used the new position. Now this is not a problem anymore.

Got some friends to show (of) my spark. They loved the look and the drive. As there are not many sparks on the road yet, I am enjoying the attention that she receive.

@Nimz: I think the headlights are adequate. Anything more than this will be problem for other drivers. I drive on stretch of highway with no streetlights. But I had no problems with headlights. I haven't even used full beam or fog lamps. But then I am not crossing 80km/hr and it was not raining. Do you have this problem on road with no streetlights? Because in city sometime you don't see your own headlights because of powerful lights used by other cars or bright streetlights
Full permission granted but my Sparky is the real Sparky

Headlights are I feel a little too dull on highways / in rain / in streets with no street lights it does not light up the road completely. In the city I never faced this. Only when I took it out last weekend in the rains.,.
Old 27th July 2007, 19:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
For the windshield you should get it changed under warranty. Just tell them it broke and not hit by a stone. It's not a cost cutting measure by GM, it's after all just glass.
SDpoke to the dealer tpoday..

He says windscreen doesnt come under warranty

really??
Old 27th July 2007, 21:34   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Why do you refer to sparky as a female?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
SDpoke to the dealer tpoday..
He says windscreen doesnt come under warranty
really??
Hmmm... Nimz, warranty conditions differ for manufacturer. Why don't you read the manual thoroughly? The warranty conditions and cover should be mentioned in it.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th July 2007 at 21:35.
Old 27th July 2007, 22:00   #89
Team-BHP Support

ol matiz also had an issue with the headlights, get a pair of fogs if you dont have them, they will suffice for normal usage

Glass parts very few manufacturers cover under warranty.
Old 28th July 2007, 12:31   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why do you refer to sparky as a female?
Because she is beautiful and not handsome
Closed Thread

Most Viewed