Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
What does she redline at?
Redline is 6k. Rev limiter at 7k I think. Never actually tried
Old 4th July 2007, 23:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I had nothing against the civic really. Its a really really nice car. Its just that the car is so overpriced in India that made me shy away from it.
again, I would have given the same statement.

in this rains, My boot collected water. the service centre cleaned it all up. air cleaned my security system which was giving trouble and also air cleaned my cd changed which was not being recognized. All this for no charge. Before this also many times they have served us without any charges.

There was this sales guy in the service centre which is surprising. He asked me various questions about my opinion. I was completely surprised.
Old 4th July 2007, 23:58   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Redline is 6k. Rev limiter at 7k I think. Never actually tried
I think the revlimiter is at 6300rpm. I remember hitting it on the TD vehicle. 2nd gear very close to 100kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
How come all mitsubishi owners have something against honda cars?

Nope nothing against honda cars for me either. Infact my next car is going to be the accord.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th July 2007 at 00:00.
Old 5th July 2007, 00:20   #34
BHPian

CEDIA RULZ!
Awesum Car, Sooper Appealing looks, silky smooth engine and mind blowingly satisfying EVO interiors. I own one ELEGANCE and I'm truly in love with it.
It completes 10 out of the 10 points I'd need in a car.
FE - City in mumbai with AC - 8.5 km/l (no more) I wonder how others are having better figures?
FE - Highway with AC and top speed 195 at times - 13 km/l
Yes, I was actually doing 195 and maxxed out when a 2.4l Accord overtook me on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
I change my cars every once a year, but have decided to use the CEDIA for as long as I can, as I have no complaints whatsoever and total satisfaction with peace of mind.
Metro Motors in Mumbai is good but could do better for service of the vehicle.
Now that the prices are even reduced further I fully agree with the other BHPians that it is a COROLLA and a CIVIC beater as far as VFM is concerned and compared.
Cheers CEDIA!!!!!
Old 5th July 2007, 18:11   #35
BHPian

Nice report. Good to see that you are enjoying the car.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
if you touch the redline itll upshift. all this in tiptronic mode. now if that was manual it would have been much more fun.

but a/t does reduce the stress of driving in traffic alot.
Sorry to go offtopic, but in the Skoda Laura, I redlined it while in triptronic mode and it DIDN'T upshift. I went about little in the red area. I had intention to upshift at the line, but the upshift got delayed by a millisecond so it went into the red area without upshifting.

A/T's are a BOON in stop go traffic.

A

Last edited by Absar : 5th July 2007 at 19:43.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:57   #37
Team-BHP Support

Excellent write up.

Quote:
The air conditioning though manually controlled is excellent. Most of the times, I keep it in the white zone between red and blue with the blower at 1 speed. Any higher and I start feeling cold even on hot afternoons. The excellent thing is that the AC does not seem to affect power in a noticeable way. The reduction in power due to the compressor running is insignificant.
since the aircon is manual using the temp control too much will be strain on comp, right? the compressor will run and its the heat recirculation which is controlling the temp, so additional load for comp.

Better thing would be to just shut down the compressor switch once in a while? yeah and its a pain in bangalore climate where ac really freezes at night.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:59   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Sorry to go offtopic, but in the Skoda Laura, I redlined it while in triptronic mode and it DIDN'T upshift. I went about little in the red area. I had intention to upshift at the line, but the upshift got delayed by a millisecond so it went into the red area without upshifting.

A/T's are a BOON in stop go traffic.

A
agreed. bu im sure youll agree with me that manuals are more fun to drive than at. lets not go offtopic anymore.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:08   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
since the aircon is manual using the temp control too much will be strain on comp, right? the compressor will run and its the heat recirculation which is controlling the temp, so additional load for comp.

Better thing would be to just shut down the compressor switch once in a while? yeah and its a pain in bangalore climate where ac really freezes at night.
Jaggu that's an excellent point. The manual AC's dont regulate the compressor at all unlike teh climate controlled which actually switches it off(someone pls confirm this as it is from my logic).

Incase of manual moving the temp knob beyond full cold just starts up the heater as well to compensate for the AC. the AC compressor still remains ON. It is better to just flick the compressor off when it get's too cold.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

I can hear the compressor turn on and off in my car. The engine is so silent, the compressor is actually audible at times and I've heard it cut off after a while when the temperature is set to somewhere between red and blue.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:05   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I can hear the compressor turn on and off in my car. The engine is so silent, the compressor is actually audible at times and I've heard it cut off after a while when the temperature is set to somewhere between red and blue.
Are you sure it's the compressor and not the fan? the fan is audible but the compressor not very.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yup pretty much sure its the compressor as flicking the AC switch makes the noise go away.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:13   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yup pretty much sure its the compressor as flicking the AC switch makes the noise go away.
That's still the fan then. try idling the car keep the ac on full cold then hear the sound. then put the knob between red and blue and see if the sound keeps changing after a few mins that is cut off and cut back on sound types.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hm... shall check it out tomorrow and report back.
Old 5th July 2007, 23:20   #45
BHPian

reignofchaos...... I am with you. I have an identical complaint of AC sound to report. My car is still under warranty and I was just thinking of getting this sound checked at Metro Motors in Mumbai. If you narrow down on the fault plz give us some feedback as this is the only complaint I cud get irritated with besides reporting that everything else is flawless and faultless.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks