Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 23:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

as far as I know. turning the thermostat only lets in hot air. and yes the compressor does cut off under normal use.

what I would suggest is use fan speed 1 with thermostat all the way to blue and air recycle. switch off the ac every 5-10 mins or when you feel cold.

there was also a thread on thermostat connection on t-bhp. That's when I realized its not switching off more frequently when moved towards red.
Old 5th July 2007, 23:37   #47
Team-BHP Support

Nice report. I don't think this babe will give you any major trouble for a long time - most Mitsubishis are trouble free cars.
This is possibly the most under-rated car in India today. When it was launched, I didn't exactly like its looks. Still, I took a test drive. It's not as fast or futuristic as a Civic, but, I was bowled over by its stability, handling and braking.
Old 6th July 2007, 00:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
reignofchaos...... I am with you. I have an identical complaint of AC sound to report. My car is still under warranty and I was just thinking of getting this sound checked at Metro Motors in Mumbai. If you narrow down on the fault plz give us some feedback as this is the only complaint I cud get irritated with besides reporting that everything else is flawless and faultless.
Yup... I'll have this thing checked next time I go to the service center. I guess the reason probably is that the engine is just too silent. Its not that loud really but yes an irritant cos the engine is so refined. I've never been able to hear compressor noise over engine noise in any other car. If you do manage to find a solution, do let me know.
Old 6th July 2007, 00:39   #49
BHPian

[quote= It's not as fast or futuristic as a Civic, but, I was bowled over by its stability, handling and braking.[/quote]

That is why gaurav gill is dominating the INRC
Old 6th July 2007, 09:11   #50

Good review, Way to go buddy .... Mitsu is the best..:-)
Old 6th July 2007, 17:36   #51
BHPian

hi friends.
please please tell me is there anyone in mumbai who owns a cedia?
am going MAD trying to close the decision. have also slotted to check an RS since Cedia is blacklisted by all due to single dealer in ALL OF MUMBAI!.
Old 6th July 2007, 21:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

^^PM president. He is in bombay and has a cedia elegance. He seems to be really happy with his car.
Old 11th July 2007, 22:33   #53
BHPian

Have never had clearance problems with CEDIA as much as I had on my previous Honda City 2002 fully laden and traveling with a family of five. Obviously you gotta be a little more alert and careful over speadbreakers and traverse them gracefully.
BTW, I am a very intuitive driver and drive my CEDIA in the city better than most fuel efficient conscious drivers, but am still surprised that I never manage to get over 8.5kmpl in city with AC when most other BHPians are quoting higher values? Please help me with your feedback if my car needs to be tuned or needs professional attention? I am quite happy with the performance and am afraid that messing with some parameters on the engine should not dissatisfy me with the ultimate performance that I am presently enjoying.
Old 12th July 2007, 00:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

President what petrol are you using? I use shell unleaded. I tried normal HP petrol once and it gave me pretty poor FE ~9 or so. However with shell I'm consistently getting double digit figures of around 11. You might want to try a better petrol pump which you know for sure is pure. Cheers!
Old 12th July 2007, 00:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

I hope you do realise there will be an eager queue of people at Yelagiri waiting in line for a ride in your red devil.
Old 12th July 2007, 00:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

^Heh heh heh . Sure... not a issue.
Old 12th July 2007, 14:33   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you do realise there will be an eager queue of people at Yelagiri waiting in line for a ride in your red devil.
I second this!

(TwentyCharacterLimit)
Old 13th July 2007, 23:24   #58
BHPian

I have a Company authorised HP petrol pump just opposite my house. And I trust the fuel quality there and vouch for it as I have been using Fuel most exclusively from this pump (as far as possible) and have never had problems for last 20 -25 yrs from any of my vehicles. I just topped up my CEDIA once again today (after a very smooth drive with AC in the city limits for the last one week) and I still averaged 8 kmpl for which I am quite concerned after reading that you've been getting better figures. OK, I shall now try POWER from the same HP outlet and check out the FE at the next top up.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:31   #59
BHPian

I do agree with you that a beautiful car like the CEDIA is disliked upon by most customers in Mumbai as there is only one service outlet and the quality od service is not up to the mark. However, I do own the CEDIA myself, which is over a year old now, and I have just no complaints to report. I am truly satisfied. A low FE on my car is a concern but not a bother anyways. In general the car has very appealing looks, good performance, a lot of Japanese parts and a good feel factor.
Old 17th July 2007, 10:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

I think the Cedia is the best looker in the market - clean ' sophisticated looks ' , Sporty looks ( not overdone ). After the Civic I think Cedia is the best looker. Beautiful engine. I am surprised that even after recent price cuts, Cedia is not selling in huge numbers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks