Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 00:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

The fuel efficiency on the last tankful has been really bad, I will know exact figure only when I tank up. THis goes to prove the laws of physics - Mileage will be good only if the car actually moves !! Sitting idle with a/c on does not contribute to mileage. starting to switch off the car at long signals now.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

There is no light inside the bonnet for this car ! Even the Zen has one. Why Maruti, y?

Also I don't think I was provided spare fuses at the time of delivery. Did anyone get these? I want to familiarise myself with the fuse box and keep a couple of spare fuses handy, just in case.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:37   #48
Team-BHP Support

zen has lights inside hood?? i dont think so, none of the new-gen cars have lights inside the hood.

best thing is to carry a small penlight torch will be helpful for any emergencies at night, and check manual for fuse locations and there will be some extra fuses inside the fuse box cover.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Also I don't think I was provided spare fuses at the time of delivery. Did anyone get these?
Yeah my dealer also have not provided. They are not very particular about these small things. :( They have given space bulbs
Old 11th July 2007, 12:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no light inside the bonnet for this car ! Even the Zen has one. Why Maruti, y?

Also I don't think I was provided spare fuses at the time of delivery. Did anyone get these? I want to familiarise myself with the fuse box and keep a couple of spare fuses handy, just in case.
Many manufacturers give spare fuses in the fuse box itself. Do check it.
There will be one or two dummy fuses there.
Old 11th July 2007, 13:22   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I haven't seen most manufacturers provide lights in the engine bay for some weird reason. Gone are those days when we used to get lights in Amby's etc.

Kuttapan, check your fuse box surely there will be extra fuses.
Old 12th July 2007, 02:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Got 100/90 lamps fitted from KonarK in Koramangala(Thanks GeekSrik). Light seems to have improved, didnt do much of night driving to experience the difference. I was not at all confident in taking the OE headlamps to the highway. Wanted a Bosch relay, but an INTERFACE one is what I got. Is it good?

How does one check the wiper fluid level in Swift?
Old 12th July 2007, 09:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How does one check the wiper fluid level in Swift?

No way you can check. Just pour water into the wiper fluid reservoir and top it off.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Kuttapan, check your fuse box surely there will be extra fuses.
Can you please help me how can I locate fuse box in Swift D?
Old 12th July 2007, 12:16   #55
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Can you please help me how can I locate fuse box in Swift D?
Open the engine bay, normally the AC fuses, headlamps, power windows etc are all present in this. The cover also has the marking for the designation of the fuses and their readings too.

Another box is next to the steering wheel. Just look around and one should be able to find it with ease.
Old 12th July 2007, 14:38   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish someone might publish a photo of the bits in the engine bay all labelled!
Old 12th July 2007, 23:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

I will try to do this. But there are somethings that I need to confirm before that.

Btw, the fuse box is not in the engine bay, it is behind the dashboard, peep under the steering wheel and you should find it.

My baby is all set for her maiden inter state trip. Odo read 1500 km now. She is all tanked up with Turbojet(@Jaggu - Will use IOC on the return leg) and raring to go.
Old 12th July 2007, 23:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

@Mclaren - Sorry, i did not notice that u mentioned the fuse box near the steering. AFAIK, there are no fuses in the engine bay in Swift D.
Old 17th July 2007, 11:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Spoke too early. the manual says that there are fuses in the engine bay, though I cannot find it.
Old 17th July 2007, 15:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

3000 Km completed !

My car completes 3 weeks today. And the odo reads 3000 km, so she has been really munching miles(or is it kilometers?)

Had been to Kerala this weekend. Covered close to 1500 kms, round trip + local runs in Kerala. The drive was a really exhilarating one, a long time since I have been behind the wheel for so many hours at a stretch. I really really like the way the Swift handled. Just about perfect and she had answers for all the questions that were asked of her - some of them were pretty tough as well. I am impressed.

Started of at 4 a.m. on Friday, enjoyed the smooth roads till Krishnagiri(the 27 Rs you pay for toll is worth it, IMO) did consistent 100-120 in this stretch, pushing the occasional 140's when I could see the road for a km or so. A Fiesta 1.4 Petrol was my companion here and I felt that my geared speeds were better than the Fiesta. Took diversion from Thoppur towards Bhavani via Mettur and surprisingly, the roads were good. Encountered Sparse truck traffic, speeds of 80-100 till Bhavani where we stopped for breakfast. After Bhavani, there was an interesting duel with another Fiesta(again ! this time a Tdci one). He was in a pedal-to-metal mode and I decided to see how the DDis fared against the Tdci. I thought 68 bhp was measly for this car, but surprisingly it's not! It was quite fast, but Swift's 75 bhp showed who's boss. I then let him go as he was willing to go to any lengths and also doing speeds upward of 140. I was not willing to do anything more than 120 were the four laning was going on, so decided to drive more sedately. Hit Coimbi by 10.30 and Palghat by 11.30 I think.

From Palghat onwards the fun started. The video game level was one of the toughest.Too many pot holes with some huge craters thrown in for good measure. and rest of the places, the last laid road layer was broken in huge patches. avoided as many as I could, but at some points there were no escape routes and I lost points !! Then I graduated to the next level in the Video game. Same potholed roads, but it started raining crocodiles and hippopotamuses. Even with wiper in the fastest mode, it was difficult to see anything. Switched on the lights, rear fog lamps as well, so that I do not get hit from behind at least. Journey was ardous and painfully slow.

Private buses did not seem to mind and carried on at their breakneck speeds. Ah! one interesting thing I noticed about these buses. Since most of the drivers are wannabe Schumachers, they take turns at high speeds and for an observer, it is almost like the body has a hard time catching the chasis. It is a miracle that these monsters reach their destinations. A couple of these over-enthusiastic physics defying chaps could be found on the side of the road, turned turtle.

Had lunch at the place where the Palghat-Thrissur byspass ends. Now it was a 2-lane highway with loads of traffic, with some amount of potholes, but better than the earlier stretch. From Angamaly, though, the roads are wider and only few potholes. But it started raining again, so could not do any good speeds. Somehow I am wary of driving in the wet, so drove on cautiously.

The Ernakulam- Cherthala bypass was good, but few potholes thrown in to catch you unawares. Lots of morons driving on the road, waiting with cycles to cross etc. but manageable. reached home at 3.30 pm and slept like a log for 4 hours. Had travelled 570 kms in 11.5 hours, with breakfast, lunch, pee and butt breaks. Mileage obtained was close to 18, with 95% a/c, which goes to show that I am not the most efficient driver around. Probably because I am either accelerating or braking, there usually is no in-between.

Return journey in the next post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks