Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 13:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Zak.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the suspension. There is nothing great about the suspension and the car does not like to be driven over bad roads. Noises abound and some of the jolts are transmitted to the passengers, particularly the rear passengers. My in-laws must hate me by now..LOL...

Consistent riding over hard roads may damage it, I feel, but I am not interested in finding out.

@jaggu - There is no write-up of the return leg,as I am feeling lazy and there is nothing mentionable anyway. Same road surface, same rains at the same place(why does it always rain in Palghat?), roundabout same time taken and blah..blah..blah...
WHy spend time and energy to bore people here?
Old 25th July 2007, 16:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

For two days, I have been hearing a grating noise from my left front disc on hard braking. Today it was particularly loud, and so too it to my dealer.

The service advisor did his gentle braking and could not reproduce the noise, so I showed him how it is done. He says disc or caliper has dirt in it, needs to be cleaned. Will cost Rs 110 and take 30 minutes. I give my Ok.
Work is done in the said time, we go for a test drive to verify that the noise is not there anymore and now the surprise - He says it's been done for free !
Old 25th July 2007, 17:01   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Work is done in the said time, we go for a test drive to verify that the noise is not there anymore and now the surprise - He says it's been done for free !
This is why my dad always say "Buy Maruti cars for complete peace of mind"
Old 25th July 2007, 17:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nearing the 3500 mark now, just did a quick calculation on how much I have spend per km on Diesel....A paltry Rs 2.14/- !!!!

I am sure there are others who might have spent even lesser...
Old 25th July 2007, 17:14   #80
BHPian

Wow! kuttapan, Thats amazing! I thought 6 month waiting period was long, but then I feel its worth it. 2.14 is amazingly low.
Old 25th July 2007, 19:02   #81
Team-BHP Support

kuttappa while washing, clean the front strut (inside the wheel well) and calipers also well with a good ol garden hose.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hose cleaning is forbidden in the apartment complex where I am staying(though I have done it couple of times when no one was observing), so I guess this means a thorough wash every week at a service station.
Old 27th July 2007, 15:36   #83
BHPian

Hey kuttapan, guess u can visit jaggu's place for a quick wash , the do it yourself kinds
Old 6th August 2007, 18:16   #84
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the washing part, got a complete was(underbody as well) at Surakshaa Bommanahalli for 200 odd bucks and definitely satisfied. I have decided to go for this once every month.

Odo now nudging 4750 kms(in 6 weeks), that means the second service is almost due.

There is a minor rattling somewhere from behind at 1200 rpm, need to get it checked at 2nd service.

I had been to Calicut and back and I have to say that the suspension performed admirably well. I flew over a couple of unmarked road humps, rally style, and there was no noise/problem as a result. Best FE I got was a paltry 18.5(with 75% ac), so still keeping my fingers crossed on this front. 20 is what I want, but this is what my foot allows, no matter what my brain says to it.
Old 6th August 2007, 18:26   #85
Senior - BHPian

Oops, I forgot.

There was this curious smell of a dead rat coming from the basement after I returned from Calicut. I thought it must be coming from somewhere else, checked my couple of bikes parked nearby, did not find anything, so went and slept. By morning the smell had become worse, still could not find nay source, so got the car washed. They asked me where the dead rat smell is coming from, I said I had no clue. They didn't find anything either.

Came back and park, I see a tail hanging down from the front bumper, and suspect it to be a dead rat. try to pull it by the tail(with a piece of paper), but all I manage is to peel of the skin.....YIKES !!! By now I am late to office, so go to Bimal(nearest dealer and on the way to office). They make me wait for a precious 15 minutes, a dumb lady keeping on saying someone will come in 5 minutes) - I decide enuf is enuf and go to Pratham, even if that means an extra hour lost.

They know me, so I am received courteously and the service advisor immediately gets someone to check it out. The inside mud-flap has to come off and the guy pulls out a dead cat(OMG!!) out.....Sorry Kitty, I didn't know when you had climbed in. may your soul rest in peace.

My guess is that it must have got in when I parked outside my hotel in the night, for warmth(it was raining) and then somehow got stuck. A pity, though. Pratham washed the front of the car(as I told them the car has just been washed in the morning, so no need of full wash) and I drove back. I was ready to pay whatever it cost, to BIMAL, but at Pratham it was free because I bought it from them. Nice service, I should say.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:11   #86
Team-BHP Support

wow you are putting lot of kms down. Good show.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:54   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Very sad story about the cat, but it does happen. It wouldn't be the first animal to think it had found a warm, safe place, only to get caught up in the fan, or belt, or something.

I find it fine on bad roads! Or as good as I would expect a car of this size and price to be. I am regularly driving on parts of Chennai's Old Mahabalipuram Road that are still being built, and one of the sideroads to it that possibly never was!

In this respect, I'd like the clearance to be greater.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Now to the curious water leak issue. As I said earlier, I thought the car was leakproof , after riding in hard rains in Kerala. But when the car was parked in rain, there was an instance of water collecting on the driver side door mat. I could not find out how it happened so waited for it to happen again.

It did. In calicut, when left overnite in front of the hotel in rain, the driver side had collected so much water. I could trace that it came some where from the beading and through a cut in the middle, found it's way in. Anybody else faced this? I am waiting for the second service to get this rectified.
Old 9th August 2007, 00:23   #89
Team-BHP Support

Nope, not even under regular pressure wash. Are you sure that its not water from your foot wear/umbrella that settled and collected on the rubber mat?

As far as my exp with both petrol and diesel swift, the front door beeding doesnt have any cuts or even joints <scratches my head, might be fiat guys conspiring>

Get it checked kuttapa, if its genuine.
Old 9th August 2007, 03:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

I am not talking about the beading, the plastic cladding has a cut in the middle and I beleive water gets in from there....How water reaches the inner beading, I have no clue.

Most Viewed