Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 13:24   #166

Re: Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 81,449 kms Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Best to keep it to Hyundai or if one doesn't mind the slightly iffy after-sales and reliability, the Germans are a great option too.
After your suggestion, I test drove the Rapid 1.6MT yesterday and got all the quotes and things. It is a great driving car. Feels super solid.
Given financials work out, it's now the wife's choice between the Rapid and S-Cross 1.3 as she will be the primary user.
I'll get the Getz all to myself!
rahulp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
My service manager at the Hyundai workshop always has high admiration for the build quality of the Getz. He often says, this was the 'best ever' car Hyundai produced for the price at the time and that the newer comparable Hyundai's are no way near the Getz's quality and driving comfort.
Exactly the same words from the manager at my FNG.

He says this is because Getz was built mainly for export lines and domestic market wasn't priority. It was the case with the first-gen i20 too, but our market matured and it became a star for Hyundai.

The Elite i20 has some compromises according to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
What you say is true if you're referring to the earlier generation i20, Fluidic Verna and i10, all three had loose steering, a suspension that just rocked like a boat even for minor lane changes and absolutely zero feel.
Yes, I was referring to cars at that period. I haven't driven the Tucson and Elantra, but irrespective of what you say- they will not as nimble and chuckable as the Getz as they are not small. But Hyundai has made good improvements with the Grand i10, Elite i20 and Creta. So, I'm sure the Elantra and Tucson are pretty good.

I drove a Fluidic Verna- it was powerful, but it felt less secure than my Innova at 100-110 kmph. Trying to accelerate and change lanes at the same time was scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp View Post
Given financials work out, it's now the wife's choice between the Rapid and S-Cross 1.3 as she will be the primary user.
I'll get the Getz all to myself!
If your wife will be the primary driver, get her the S-Cross. I like the way the car is engineered and it's superior compared to any other car in the price bracket.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 10:51   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

If your wife will be the primary driver, get her the S-Cross. I like the way the car is engineered and it's superior compared to any other car in the price bracket.
She wants the S-Cross. And since then all I can remember was how well the Rapid drives and just the feeling of the steering and the solid cushiness.

Back to topic, even all the service advisors in Hyundai Pune tell me not to sell the car because it is "the best Hyundai car ever sold in India". They all mention the export focus for the Getz as the reason it is so unlike other products sold in India. My trusty garage fellow tells me not to sell the car. A used car evaluator told me not to sell the car.

The horn pad came directly from Hyundai last night but no sign of the indicator parts or the oil sump seal. This, at least for me, marks the beginning of the difficult to find parts phase. I hope I'm proved wrong.
rahulp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:13   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

These days, at the start each morning the engine is a bit loud, but once it warms up, it is quiet and hardly any vibrations.
I face the same issue on cold start and there is a slight missing sometimes. The vehicle is pretty loud outside on cold start, rough for a few kms, after which it is fine. The service advisor attributed it to the idle sensor and said he has cleaned it, but the issue is still there. Let me know if you get it resolved.

Otherwise, the vehicle is running well without any issues. My usage is less nowadays as office is closer.
Old 8th October 2017, 06:29   #170

I have lusted after the Getz CRDI for the longest time and find now the prices are crazy.
I drove a 1.3 recently and found the engine surprisingly torquey.
However I am undecided whether it will be worth picking it up now as spares may be an issue.
Old 9th October 2017, 21:30   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsait View Post
I have lusted after the Getz CRDI for the longest time and find now the prices are crazy.
I drove a 1.3 recently and found the engine surprisingly torquey.
However I am undecided whether it will be worth picking it up now as spares may be an issue.
The midrange torque is particularly good.

Even when the spares are not readily available (condenser, boot lift etc) they could get it in a few days. Have not faced any issue until now.

As my running is less, I am running on synthetic oil and servicing car only once in a year.
Old 10th October 2017, 10:20   #172

I shall begin my search for a good example then. Any plans of selling yours?
Old 22nd October 2017, 20:33   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsait View Post
I shall begin my search for a good example then. Any plans of selling yours?
Mine is 1.3 Petrol and I do not intend to sell. I see Getz available for sale with the used car dealers, you should be able to find a good one easily. All the best.
Old 29th October 2017, 01:27   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Mine is 1.3 Petrol and I do not intend to sell. I see Getz available for sale with the used car dealers, you should be able to find a good one easily. All the best.
Thank you, have identified one, albeit in a slightly sorry state. Working on getting it running and looking right, will share pics soon.
yasirsait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 11:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Got the engine oil changed to Shell Helix Fully Synthetic, and got general checkup done. The total cost (without oil) came to Rs.1400. Did not go for full service as the vehicle has run only 4000 kms since last service. The current odo is 85000 kms.

Vehicle is running without any issues.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 20:39   #176
Senior - BHPian

Took car for a 1400 km long drive and it performed very well.

The silencer leak has developed again as the sound has increased. I plan to get the exhaust replaced from outside as the quote from Hyundai was on the higher side. Has anyone replaced the exhaust from outside? Planning to keep the stock headers and just replace the pipes.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 23:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Took car for a 1400 km long drive and it performed very well.

The silencer leak has developed again as the sound has increased. I plan to get the exhaust replaced from outside as the quote from Hyundai was on the higher side. Has anyone replaced the exhaust from outside? Planning to keep the stock headers and just replace the pipes.
I had replaced the silencer of my Getz CRDI about 3 years back locally as the service center was charging exorbitant price. If I remember correctly, I had paid about INR 3500 for a local one in JC road .

This the picture of my car which was from August 2009 , the last batch of CRDI production.
My Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT: Sold-img_0998.jpg
mjkaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 06:43   #178
Senior - BHPian

Why not get an aftermarket performance exhaust?
At least get a few quotes
Also check boodmo - the prices there seem reasonable

Last edited by greenhorn : 30th December 2017 at 06:50.
Old 24th April 2018, 17:10   #179
BHPian

I am looking for a used car for my wife and and a Getz is in the shorlist. There are a few threads in Team-bhp on Getz, and this is the one which has a lot of discussions happeining. So I though of raising my concerns here.

Wifey is a novice driver so I initially though of buying a Maruti 800 which is easily available under 50000 and after a year sell it and buy a better car. I had inspected a few 800s and all of them were decent cars from outside and also on the mechanical front, but I haven't seen a single car where the interior is properly kept.

Then we thought of looking for Wagon-R / Estilo / Santro, because all these cars have a better driving position (my perspective). Wagon-Rs are hotcakes in the used car market hence very expensive, and we haven't found many estilos. So finally zeroed down to Santro. I was surfing through OLX today and found a Getz listed.

Now we have these 2 cars in our shortlist.
A 2006 Getz GLE which has clocked 75000 Kms (Rs. 90000, 4th Owner)and
a 2004 Santro Xing XO eRLX - Euro III which has done 70000 Kms (Rs. 95000, 2nd Owner).

I consider the Santro to be the safe choice, but it is due for fitness test and registration renewal in March 2019. Also I am worried about the spare parts availability for the Getz.

Is buying the Getz a wise decision, can anyone throw some light on this?
Old 10th June 2018, 20:17   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
I am looking for a used car for my wife and and a Getz is in the shorlist. There are a few threads in Team-bhp on Getz, and this is the one which has a lot of discussions happeining. So I though of raising my concerns here.

Wifey is a novice driver so I initially though of buying a Maruti 800 which is easily available under 50000 and after a year sell it and buy a better car. I had inspected a few 800s and all of them were decent cars from outside and also on the mechanical front, but I haven't seen a single car where the interior is properly kept.

Then we thought of looking for Wagon-R / Estilo / Santro, because all these cars have a better driving position (my perspective). Wagon-Rs are hotcakes in the used car market hence very expensive, and we haven't found many estilos. So finally zeroed down to Santro. I was surfing through OLX today and found a Getz listed.

Is buying the Getz a wise decision, can anyone throw some light on this?
Sorry about the late reply, I did not check this thread for a long time.

As you have mentioned above, cars with the higher seating position are more comfortable for learning driving, especially for ladies who prefer sitting close to the sterring wheel and get confidence in seeing the bumper. Wagon R seems to be best choice considering the seating position, short front, a model still under production and maruti service. What did you get?

Getz's regular service spare parts are readily available, but other parts usually take some time (radiator, silencer etc). Though it is a very good car, considering that it was discontinued long back I would not recommend going for it.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 10th June 2018 at 20:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks