Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 13:32   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 58,000 kms Service Report

Hello people,

My Getz came back after the clutch defect that was replaced. Initially, the shudder was still there. I gave it back to them. They recorrected it saying it was a idler sensor wire that was loose and not fixed properly.

That's why it jerked and the engine stopped. Now the car is fine and everything is back to normal.
Old 17th April 2014, 18:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
Hello people,

My Getz came back after the clutch defect that was replaced. Initially, the shudder was still there. I gave it back to them. They recorrected it saying it was a idler sensor wire that was loose and not fixed properly.

That's why it jerked and the engine stopped. Now the car is fine and everything is back to normal.
Thanks of updating us. As the issue persisted even after replacing the clutch, was the clutch really faulty or it was faulty diagnosis?
Old 18th April 2014, 10:15   #63
BHPian

Hi people...

I think i have to tell the whole story. When I serviced the car at the last interval my service guy told me to replace the clutch as it was weak. But he also told me it would run for 1-2 months.

So as they replaced the clutch, they didn't fit the sensor wire correctly. Now, that problem is solved. The car is fine now.
Old 18th April 2014, 17:28   #64
D4D
BHPian

Never knew Getz had an Hydraulic power steering.
My dad bought this car in 2006 over the Swift (Newly launched then.)
My vehicle has done 49000+ kms till date.

One thing I like is that Getz is the only good petrol hatch in which you can go over Bangalore's mighty speed breakers in second gear.
The SA ASC has told me that the Clutch and Crossmember has to replaced at the next service.

Does the ASC recommend engine oil chage every service?
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:54   #65
BHPian

Cross posting to this Hyundai Getz thread:

[Update]

The noise coming from suspension of my Getz, I had it checked at an independent repair shop. After inspection, was told I need to replace both lower arms & link rods. He showed it to me and it was evident that the rubber seals are wearing and were torn.

Once the car was lifted on the ramp, someone turned the steering wheels and we could actually have a visual & hear the noise coming from the lower arm, both sides.

Somewhere in the forum I think I did read, that now one can buy original Hyundai parts and have them fitted outside as the labor costs are much lower.

Any idea how much is the cost for lower arms & link rods for the Getz?
I'd like to know the cost of original Hyundai parts as well as after market parts for the above 2 mentioned parts.
Old 27th April 2014, 08:05   #66
BHPian

[Update on the Getz lower arm & link rod replacements]

I visited another independent Hyundai ASS and showed them the car. The cost of both, the lower arms pair & link rods pair were almost same as from an outside independent garage quote I got and what the Hyundai ASS gave me. The difference in labor was a little less than Rs. 500/=; where the ASS was slightly higher and predictably so.

Met with the Service Manager (not Service Associate) of this Hyundai Service Center. He had a very detailed discussion with me and said, lower arms & link rod replacement are safety features. So if the ASS is only a few hundreds more than outside, get it done from ASS, as you will have the peace of mind knowing you have purchased genuine Hyundai parts as well as Hyundai's service center will stand behind the work they do.

The above, made sense. In fact, even if the difference was up to 1.5K to 2K between ASS & outside garage, I think better to go with ASS. Unless the difference is sizable, where ASS quotes are very high, only then makes sense to go with an independent garage.

The Hyundai ASS had to order the lower arms and have called me back next week. Will post updates and some pictures of the same once the replacements are done.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 11:53   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks of updating us.
Hi PatienceWins, are you still having your Getz? Could you give me some recommendations for good and reliable FNGs you've used?

I've got a 2006 Getz GLE with 78K kms on the odo, and am looking at getting its little niggles fixed.
Old 15th May 2014, 06:42   #68
BHPian

Finally at around 50,000 kms on my Getz, changed the 2 lower arms & link rods. After a long debate in my mind, I finally got the work done thru' Hyundai ASS. They showed me and put in genuine Hyundai parts.

The car is running fine now. No squeaks and noises after changing the parts. I am still test driving it after the new parts are put in. Will share more details soon.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 11:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Hi PatienceWins, are you still having your Getz? Could you give me some recommendations for good and reliable FNGs you've used?

I've got a 2006 Getz GLE with 78K kms on the odo, and am looking at getting its little niggles fixed.
I have not used any independent garage. My car has only been with Trident and Advaith. I find Advaith better. What are the issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Finally at around 50,000 kms on my Getz, changed the 2 lower arms & link rods. After a long debate in my mind, I finally got the work done thru' Hyundai ASS. They showed me and put in genuine Hyundai parts.

The car is running fine now. No squeaks and noises after changing the parts. I am still test driving it after the new parts are put in. Will share more details soon.
What is the cost? I also indent to do suspension work soon as the they have become more soft than my liking.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 11:38   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Driving Update (48k) : Car was serviced, a few tightening adjustments of a belt here and a hose there, oils changed and brake assembly cleaned.

The car for the most part feels exactly as it did on day 1. There's something indescribable about the way it moves, but if I've to try and put it in words everything about it refined and linear.. from the gear shift to pedal inputs. The torque is in the exact sweet spot I want it in, its all city driving so when I need that 20-50kph surge all I've to do is tap the pedal softly and without any jerk the car does the rest. The engine sound is something I always liked, all you can hear is a pulsing whine and it moves without effort. Its one of the few cars which puts a nice smile on your face in low speeds. The brakes are not grabby or abrupt like new vehicles but does the job very smoothly & effectively which is what I like.

In the era of all these new gen vehicles with so much of heavy electrical inputs of ECM/BCM wired to the battery, there have been so much problems in power drain/short circuit. Cars like Getz with the simplicity and good old fashioned reliability factor are a rare find. I've truly enjoyed every day of the 6 years I've had it. Cannot be a bigger testament than this.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getz Jerks violently while accelerating

Quote:
My getz car keeps jerking while accelerating in all gears as if the fuel supply goes ON and OFF in between.

Earlier, the jerk was mild in initial gears. I had taken the car to Hyundai service center. They attributed the issue to current supply issue of alternator and claimed to fix it. They also mentioned that the clutch plate will need overhaul soon. The issue resurfaced on highway and the car is now jerking like a horse in all gears. The issue does not seem to be of clutch as the jerking is there whenever accelerator is used. What could be the issue? Please advise.
This issue is back. That is, I notice the same very old mild jerks in initial gears, just when starting to press the accelerator and leaving it off completely. After giving me a tough time (by changing the spark plugs and coils, blaming on clutch etc) Trident had finally solved the issue by cleaning the fuel stainer. When I checked with them whether they had cleaned the fuel tank, the service executive replied in affirmative, though I doubted it from his mild response. It seems the fuel stainer is again getting clogged. Planning to take the car to a nearby garage and getting the fuel tank and stainer checked.

I have been filling mainly in Shell, and other reputed pumps when in emergency, after the old incident.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 1st July 2014 at 12:00.
Old 1st July 2014, 11:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
I face the same issue with my Accent too. I have run 39K KM and the problem is for last 5-6K KMs. The issue appears when I have to slow down and i try to pickup from there. the kind of speeds will be around 15kmph in 2nd gear, 25 in 3rd, 30-35 in fourth. The SA relates it to Clutch plates, but I am not very confident of the analysis though. Along with this, I also face a particular metallic whining sound, like a loose washer spinning on a metal rod during pick up from low speeds on higher gears.

Will get the fuel tank cleaned. the Filter was replaced at 37K, but will get that too replaced. Any other suggestions?
Did you get this issue solved?
Old 1st July 2014, 18:06   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
same very old mild jerks in initial gears, just when starting to press the accelerator and leaving it off completely.
It always begins with the clutch with the service stations guys. Although in this case the symptoms do seem similar to when a clutch plate is slightly misaligned/worn. No one can spot the minute differences in a way a particular car drives more than its owner so if you feel the clutch has normal resistance and isn't slipping then it may not be that issue. The 2nd possibility is fuel delivery related, cleaning injectors/filter/pump etc. If this had already happened then either the fuel filled in general is suspect or there's some older issue still present. In general perhaps a full inspection might help including looking at the idle air control valve.
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
It always begins with the clutch with the service stations guys. Although in this case the symptoms do seem similar to when a clutch plate is slightly misaligned/worn. No one can spot the minute differences in a way a particular car drives more than its owner so if you feel the clutch has normal resistance and isn't slipping then it may not be that issue. The 2nd possibility is fuel delivery related, cleaning injectors/filter/pump etc. If this had already happened then either the fuel filled in general is suspect or there's some older issue still present. In general perhaps a full inspection might help including looking at the idle air control valve.
The clutch was changed around 5000 kms back. Though they initially said that the flywheel has to be changed, they later said it was fine. Though I notice that the clutch has become a little hard and there is mild vibration at the biting point, I doubt if it is the clutch as the symptoms are same as what I encountered earlier. The current situation is manageable, my only concern is whether it will become worse as it happened earlier.
Old 21st July 2014, 23:38   #75
BHPian

After 7.4 years and 52K kms, changed my Getz 1.3 GLS's OE stock tyres, which were Good Year, to YOKOHAMA A.Drive. The new tyres feel soft and the car feels nice to drive now.

Most Viewed