Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 58,000 kms Service Report

I noticed a puddle of coolant under the car. Coolant is dripping from the radiator area. It is a very mild leak, and the coolant level is fine. Today I drove on a road filled with gravel, a piece might have hit the radiator. I plan to take the car to the service centre tomorrow, after topping up the coolant.
Old 4th August 2014, 19:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

As expected, there is a leak from the radiator and it cannot be fixed (I do not prefer it as well). Advaith, ORR, is trying to get a new radiator from another branch. It seems there are two separate radiators for 1.1 and 1.3 models. The estimated delivery date after getting the radiator from another branch is 3 days.

When I checked with Trident, they do not have it any of their branches in Bangalore. It seems the part availability for Getz will be an issue going forward. Even the flywheel was not readily available when I checked earlier at Advaith.

I also gave the car for general servicing, without changing oil. The car has run only 3000 kms since last service, 7 months back.

I also opted for engine decarbonizing, I know it is not recommended in Team-BHP. When I told the service advisor that it is not there in the user manual of Getz, he showed me the user manual of i20 (do not know whether it was petrol or diesel) where decarbonizing is given as an action item for every 30k km service. Though I was not keen on it, I decided to get it done to see if the mild roughness in the initial few kms after cold start will go away. The main reason being that it is hardly noticeable with Shell Super.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 4th August 2014 at 19:40.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 20:10   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Always good to read the latest updates. The Getz has great sentimental value to me and whenever I see one on the road I feel some small happiness just to see its external looks when in motion. I usually only have the driver's angle from inside.

I never felt this in the Xing that I used to have at first, to me a car was just that, a car - four tyres and a steering that turns them. Things changed once I got to drive the Getz, it doesn't have any features to boast of.. just solid build quality and great smooth buttons/stalks/gearshift, the most important things. The stereo is great because we had to pay for them, and the dealer gave me good speakers on all 4 doors compared to the factory-built weak speakers in the back shortcuts Hyundai does these days.

I was no car geek, heck I didn't check even one thing before I got delivery.. but the car grew on me every day. I always liked the looks of the car and that's why I got it, I never thought it would turn out as a practical and great to drive choice. I'm a pretty down-to-reality guy, I wouldn't think of naming my car or describing it as anything other than a machine.. but I do admit when I'm at the wheel all by myself I never feel lonely, and I'm quite 'sad'? that Hyundai is in a hurry to forget one of their best small cars ever made. Spares should be available until 2019 according to the regulatory norms.
Old 5th August 2014, 11:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Always good to read the latest updates. The Getz has great sentimental value to me and whenever I see one on the road I feel some small happiness just to see its external looks when in motion. I usually only have the driver's angle from inside.

I never felt this in the Xing that I used to have at first, to me a car was just that, a car - four tyres and a steering that turns them. Things changed once I got to drive the Getz, it doesn't have any features to boast of.. just solid build quality and great smooth buttons/stalks/gearshift, the most important things. The stereo is great because we had to pay for them, and the dealer gave me good speakers on all 4 doors compared to the factory-built weak speakers in the back shortcuts Hyundai does these days.

I was no car geek, heck I didn't check even one thing before I got delivery.. but the car grew on me every day. I always liked the looks of the car and that's why I got it, I never thought it would turn out as a practical and great to drive choice. I'm a pretty down-to-reality guy, I wouldn't think of naming my car or describing it as anything other than a machine.. but I do admit when I'm at the wheel all by myself I never feel lonely, and I'm quite 'sad'? that Hyundai is in a hurry to forget one of their best small cars ever made. Spares should be available until 2019 according to the regulatory norms.
I agree with what you have written above, and I have the same feelings for the car. I feel happy whenever I see a Getz on the road. My car is as good as new and I have pampered it in whatever way I can. I do not see any other hatchback worthy of upgrade. The spare parts are available, but mostly it is not readily available and need to be procured from the factory which can take at least 2 to 3 weeks. It will be sad to see the car go just because of spare part problem.
Old 28th August 2014, 19:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As expected, there is a leak from the radiator and it cannot be fixed (I do not prefer it as well). Advaith, ORR, is trying to get a new radiator from another branch. It seems there are two separate radiators for 1.1 and 1.3 models. The estimated delivery date after getting the radiator from another branch is 3 days.
Got the car after 2 days with the radiator replaced. The cost of radiator is around Rs. 3000. The total cost of service with labour and engine decarbonizing came to around Rs. 8000. The car has run 63000 kms now.

Took the car for a long drive and felt a change in engine noise. A truck hit the rear door while coming back. Took the car to advaith. The change in engine noise was due to a crack in silencer, near the muffler, which was repaired by welding a piece. The labour for welding is Rs. 500 (no charge for the material).

The cost of repairing the door came to around Rs. 10000. Claimed insurance and paid Rs. 2000 out of pocket.

The car is in very good condition now. Hope it remains so, Insha Allah.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th August 2014 at 19:54.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone using synthetic oil for Getz? Any difference- refinement and performance - post change?

I am currently using semi synthetic Shell Helix HX7 and changing oil in alternate services (around 7000 kms) as my running is less.
Old 16th September 2014, 14:06   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am currently using semi synthetic Shell Helix HX7 and changing oil in alternate services (around 7000 kms) as my running is less.
Interesting. I run Castrol mineral oil, but intend to move to Shell - both for the brand of oil, and for getting my oil changes done.

I was narrowing down on the HX3 formulation (mineral oil) because Shell advertises it as being suitable for older/high mileage engines, and I've got 78k on the odo.

How has your experience with HX7 been, and what brand/formulation did you change from prior to Shell? And, how much does a 3.5L can of it cost (assuming you buy that quantity for a 3.3L oil change)?

3.5L of HX3 costs Rs. 950 (according to the MRP on the can, not sure if its billed differently).
Old 16th September 2014, 16:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Interesting. I run Castrol mineral oil, but intend to move to Shell - both for the brand of oil, and for getting my oil changes done.
Do you plan to get the oil change done at Shell petrol pump? I have seen motorcycles getting oil changed there, not cars. Even if they do, I do not think you will get oil filter sold separately from service centre. You will have to look out for the new spare part shops being set up by Huyndai.

Just found this in another thread, may be of interest to you -http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...l#post3534400.

I carry oil with me for service and get it changed at Advaith. I have done the same at Trident too, around 3 years back.

Quote:
I was narrowing down on the HX3 formulation (mineral oil) because Shell advertises it as being suitable for older/high mileage engines, and I've got 78k on the odo.

How has your experience with HX7 been, and what brand/formulation did you change from prior to Shell? And, how much does a 3.5L can of it cost (assuming you buy that quantity for a 3.3L oil change)?

3.5L of HX3 costs Rs. 950 (according to the MRP on the can, not sure if its billed differently).
Earlier, I was using Servo that was being used at the service centre. Trident was supposed to shift to Shell Helix HX3, but the arrangement with Shell did not work out. My experience with HX7 has been good. I have used HX3 too, but I felt the refinement last longer and vehicle responds better with HX7, may be psychological too.

There was a discount on MRP for HX7 (around 20% I think) for 3.5 liter can, so I paid around Rs. 700. Very value for money.

The engine is a little rough at idle, though it becomes smooth after a few kms. I have not used synthetic oil before, so thinking about just trying it out. I read that synthetic comes in 4L and 1L cans, so wastage of oil (around 700 ml) after changing is also a factor. I do not want to store the remaining oil for another 1 year and use it.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 16th September 2014 at 16:26.
Old 17th September 2014, 08:48   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think you will get oil filter sold separately from service centre. You will have to look out for the new spare part shops being set up by Huyndai.
Isn't that already up and running, according to this news article? I need to head over there on a weekend to pick up the filter, else check for one on JC Road.

Quote:
Just found this in another thread, may be of interest to you.
Thank you, that price check of HX7 is useful, and at that price is a reasonable choice over HX3, especially after your feedback about HX7.

Quote:
I carry oil with me for service and get it changed at Advaith. I have done the same at Trident too, around 3 years back.
Do you monitor the oil change? How open are they about allowing you onto the shop floor? And do you do this as part of a service or just a standalone oil change?

After experiencing Ford's Quick Lane service, I'm no longer keen on dropping off my car for an entire day at the Advaith near Dairy Circle, and would prefer spending 1-2 hours just to see the oil change through.
Old 17th September 2014, 16:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't that already up and running, according to this news article? I need to head over there on a weekend to pick up the filter, else check for one on JC Road.
I have not heard of anyone picking up stuff from the authorized store. Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Do you monitor the oil change? How open are they about allowing you onto the shop floor? And do you do this as part of a service or just a standalone oil change?
I do it as part of the service. I monitored the change the first time at Trident. They were fine with me being at the shop floor.

In Advaith, I would have to wait for a long time before my car is taken to the shop floor as the crowd is more. So I just leave the oil with them. They give the can back with left over when I go to pick the car in the evening. Have not checked whether they are fine with me being at the shop floor.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th September 2014 at 16:40.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:02   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai MOBIS in Bangalore

Quote:
I have not heard of anyone picking up stuff from the authorized store. Let us know how it goes.
I've found an authorized Mobis outlet within walking distance of my house: see my post in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3538157

I picked up an oil filter, air filter and door handles from here. Sadly, he didn't have stock of the cabin air filter available, but said he'll order it from the Whitefield one.

Since the network appears to be growing, I've created a thread for the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 13:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai MOBIS in Bangalore

Quote:
I've found an authorized Mobis outlet within walking distance of my house: see my post in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3538157

I picked up an oil filter, air filter and door handles from here. Sadly, he didn't have stock of the cabin air filter available, but said he'll order it from the Whitefield one.

Since the network appears to be growing, I've created a thread for the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Happy to see that they are stocking spare parts of Getz. This will make it easy to change oil at outside garages. Need to find out the location of the store in whitefield.
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from a 1400 kms trip to Goa. The car performed very well. It cruises comfortably at 120 km/ hr and managed 160 km/ hr in a vacant stretch (with high A/C). I love the feeling of hydraulic steering, stability, and ride quality.

I noticed that smell from outside (sea smell in coastal regions) is getting into the cabin, even though the air conditioning mode is internal. Has anyone faced similar issue? Planning to take it up in the next service.
Old 11th January 2015, 10:39   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The price of HL7, 3.5L, has increased a lot. It retails for Rs. 1650 now. The sales guy at Shell outlet says the price was increased from Rs. 1100 sometime back. It does not seem very value for money as earlier, though my experience with the oil is very good. Which oil did you go for last time? Where did you get it changed?

I bought the oil. I read somewhere that some Hyundai dealer in bangalore did not accept oil from outside. I will get it changed from outside, if they do not accept it. Will have to find the Mobis outlet in hope farm to get the oil filter.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 11th January 2015 at 10:40.
Old 12th January 2015, 14:37   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The price of HL7, 3.5L, has increased a lot. It retails for Rs. 1650 now. The sales guy at Shell outlet says the price was increased from Rs. 1100 sometime back. It does not seem very value for money as earlier, though my experience with the oil is very good. Which oil did you go for last time? Where did you get it changed?
I went in for HX7 based on your recommendation , and paid either 1600 or 1700 for it (I don't recall exactly, this was at the beginning of October!) I got it changed at Shell itself. They did a decent job, apart from creating a bit of a mess when the pan to collect the drained oil overflowed! It looks like they're only picking up experience on this, so while the experience wasn't perfect, I will go back to them.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks