I have Alpine Components in the front.
Alpine Co Axials at the back.
Panasonic 1000 W Amplifier.
Sound quality is good.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2007, 10:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I took my car for second free service to Trident, Inner Ring Road for second free service. They say that the oil and filter is chargeable. Thats not the case with Maruti. Is the oil and filter chargeable for hyundai during free services.

Got a dent on the side and Trident says they have to take the car to their facility in Kalyan Nagar and it will take 5 days. Do you guys know any reliable place near Indira Nagar/ Airport raod to repair the dent? Its a small dent.
Old 21st September 2008, 07:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

10000 km update

The vehicle has completed 10000 kilimeters and third service. I have not spend anything on repair other than the usual service. I do not want to mention the money spend so far on ICE, accessories and additives.

The vehicle has opened up and the pick up is good, though it is not great for an enthusiast. The vehicle takes its own time to reach top speeds, but it is quite capable of attaining high speeds. The vehilcle is comfortable, spacious and there is no illusion of high speed inside the cabin.

Let me just touch upon the various parameters.

Ride
Excellent. This is the best part of the vehicle. The ride is comfortable and super smooth. This car is ideal for small families with rear passengers.

Handling
Good. As the suspension is soft and oriented towards ride comfort (typical Hyundai) handling is not great. Go for fatter rubber if the usage is mainly highways. As usage for me is mainly city where attaining high speeds is a luxury, I can live with the not so great handling. I am running on 175/65/ R14 stock GPS2 crap (noisy on bad roads), still the vehicle is quite stable while attacking the corners at 90-100. I need to get better rubber.

Power
Good. This is not an enthusiast's car. Pickup is not great, but city driveability with low gears is excellent. K&N has added to the low speed driveability. Overtaking on highways would require frequent downshifts. Though the power from 1.3 engine is good, power to weight ratio considering that the car weighs just over 1 ton is the culprit here. The power delivery is smooth. Car has capability to attain high speed on highways, though it would take its own time.

Build Quality
Excellent. I like the feeling of heaviness and robustness that is typical of european and german cars. I miss this in lightweight Japanese cars. The chasis is strong. The vehicle hugs the road even though the suspension plays spoil sport on high speeds. Not even a single rattle.

Space and Utility
Excellent. Drive it to believe it. It is as spacious as a sedan with decent boot space. Lot of cubbyholes for storing things. Positioning of controls, especially AC knob needs some improvement.

Driving posture
Bad for tall drivers. I am 6'2" tall and the low seats are not comfortable for long journeys. The under thigh support is bad. I have added some extra foam to the seats, marginally better now. The dead pedal helps to rest the left foot, one of the reasons against going for Swift.

NVH
Great. Though stock replacement K&N has added some NVH (I like the sound of K&N at high rpm), it is still great for a car of its class.

Mileage
I had read some bad reviews on this front before buying the vehicle. The vehicle gives me an average mileage of around 11 in city. The best I have got is 12.5 and the worst is 10. Surprisingly, I do not get a better mileage on highway - my style of driving must be the culprit here.

I have taken 3 year extended warranty other than the 2 year warranty from Hyundai as I plan to keep the car long term.

To sum up: Comfortable and practical family hatchback with decent power.

Picture of the car.
My Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT: Sold-i4693.jpg
My Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT: Sold-getz.jpg

Last edited by PatienceWins : 21st September 2008 at 07:40.
PatienceWins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Getz Jerks violently while accelerating

My getz car keeps jerking while accelerating in all gears as if the fuel supply goes ON and OFF in between.

Earlier, the jerk was mild in initial gears. I had taken the car to Hyundai service center. They attributed the issue to current supply issue of alternator and claimed to fix it. They also mentioned that the clutch plate will need overhaul soon. The issue resurfaced on highway and the car is now jerking like a horse in all gears. The issue does not seem to be of clutch as the jerking is there whenever accelerator is used. What could be the issue? Please advise.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getz Jerks violently while accelerating

If it is a petrol Getz, then check the spark plugs and ignition coils. Is the jerking happening at all RPM's? I had a similar experience in my swift when one the ignition coils failed. More details about your car would be helpful like how much it has run till date.

Edit: Just noticed in your signature that it is a petrol 1.3 Getz. How much has it run till date?

Last edited by vikram_d : 2nd January 2012 at 11:35.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am no tech head, but try and notice the engine rpms when this jerkiness happens.

Is the engine rpm rising smoothly while accelerating or with jerks ? This might help diagnose the situation.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My getz car keeps jerking while accelerating in all gears as if the fuel supply goes ON and OFF in between.

Earlier, the jerk was mild in initial gears. I had taken the car to Hyundai service center. They attributed the issue to current supply issue of alternator and claimed to fix it. They also mentioned that the clutch plate will need overhaul soon. The issue resurfaced on highway and the car is now jerking like a horse in all gears. The issue does not seem to be of clutch as the jerking is there whenever accelerator is used. What could be the issue? Please advise.
My guess: clogged Injectors or some trouble in fuel pump/line. Get that checked, as the problem you report is during acceleration.Also, is the jerk there if you accelerate in neutral gear as well? If yes, try revving engine at high RPM in neutral for a few seconds. Sometimes, due to increased intake pressure, the blockage is sometimes removed. Tried this successfully on my Wagon R a couple of times(Old formula like tilting Bajaj scooters ). First thing to get checked is injectors/ fuel supply line to engine. Nothing to do with clutch IMHO. If the problem found is injector clogging, get fuel tank cleaned as well, as over time, dirt gets accumulated in the bottom of tank & sometimes & if you run low on fuel, this can be picked up by fuel pump & choke the fuel line & injectors. Hope the problem you faced is a minor one & get rid of it quickly.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:44   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

check the fuel filter first of all.
preferably from another HASS, or a FNG.
Easy to diagnose, and a quick cheap job.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like an ignition problem. If petrol, check spark plugs, spark plug gaps and coil packs.

For preventive maintenance:

1. Change all 4 spark plugs
2. Change all coil packs - if a coil pack has been found faulty.

General suggestion:

1. Get fuel tank cleaned
2. Fuel filter to be replaced.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd January 2012 at 13:13.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:42   #25
BHPian

re: Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 58,000 kms Service Report

I face the same issue with my Accent too. I have run 39K KM and the problem is for last 5-6K KMs. The issue appears when I have to slow down and i try to pickup from there. the kind of speeds will be around 15kmph in 2nd gear, 25 in 3rd, 30-35 in fourth. The SA relates it to Clutch plates, but I am not very confident of the analysis though. Along with this, I also face a particular metallic whining sound, like a loose washer spinning on a metal rod during pick up from low speeds on higher gears.

Will get the fuel tank cleaned. the Filter was replaced at 37K, but will get that too replaced. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 2nd January 2012 at 15:05.
MrinalSinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
If it is a petrol Getz, then check the spark plugs and ignition coils. Is the jerking happening at all RPM's? I had a similar experience in my swift when one the ignition coils failed. More details about your car would be helpful like how much it has run till date.

Edit: Just noticed in your signature that it is a petrol 1.3 Getz. How much has it run till date?
Initially the issue was randomly occurring in low gears. After my trip to Kerala, it is occurring across RPM in all gears. It has run 42k, totally trouble free. This is the first issue in 4.5 years of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
I face the same issue with my Accent too. I have run 39K KM and the problem is for last 5-6K KMs. The issue appears when I have to slow down and i try to pickup from there. the kind of speeds will be around 15kmph in 2nd gear, 25 in 3rd, 30-35 in fourth. The SA relates it to Clutch plates, but I am not very confident of the analysis though. Along with this, I also face a particular metallic whining sound, like a loose washer spinning on a metal rod during pick up from low speeds on higher gears.

Will get the fuel tank cleaned. the Filter was replaced at 37K, but will get that too replaced. Any other suggestions?
This is exactly the issue faced by me as well. It will get worse once you clock more kilometers. The issue was manageable when I started from Kerala, it became bad across gears midway. So get it rectified as soon as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will update you guys once I get the vehicle back.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd January 2012 at 17:50.
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

I took the car to Trident today. They worked on the car for 2 hrs and attributed the issue with wires that charge two of the cylinders. They replaced all the spark plugs and those wires. The jerking was mildly occuring and there was loss of pickup when I took the test drive. The mechanic also took a test drive and confirmed the same. I have dropped the vehicle at Trident. I am getting fed up of dropping the car there. Hope it will be resolved soon.
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The jerking was mildly occuring and there was loss of pickup when I took the test drive.
Did you tell them to check fuel supply line/ filter & injectors? Maybe the fault lies there. If they are not willing, press them for it.
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Did you tell them to check fuel supply line/ filter & injectors? Maybe the fault lies there. If they are not willing, press them for it.
Yes, they had cleaned the injector as part of the routine service two weeks back. They were not eager to check the fuel supply line/ filter mentioning that they had checked it and replaced fuel filter as part of 30k routine service. I pressed for it and they have agreed to check it again. Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 08:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

did they check the ignition coils/distributor?

Most Viewed