Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 02:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT: Sold

Hi,

I have been enjoying Team BHP for some time and it is time to start contributing to this wonderful place where all of us have one thing in common - "We Love Cars".

I have almost completed 1000 km on my Getz Prime 1.3 GLX version. It is the higher end version with ABS and alloys. I wanted to go for a premium hatchback because my usage is 90% city driving. I have experienced the pain of driving and parking lancer and scorpio in bangalore. I waited long for Getz CRDI and finally lost patience and went for the prime model when it got launced.

I will try to explain the Pros as well as Cons of this vehicle.

Looks: I waited for the Getz Prime and I was not disappointed. The front of the car has changed and the rear is the same. I like the looks of the old Getz, but prime is better. The main change is with the head lamps the front looks wider than the old getz. The rear of the car is the same. I have Getz in noble white and I love it. I started washing the car myself as the watchman gave some scratches to the windshield. Good exercise in the morning..
I love the alloy wheels provided by hyundai. Looks good. Tyre is 175/ 65 R14, which is enough. 185 would be better.

Interiors: The interiors are not bad compared to the old getz. I read some reviews where the interiors are rated bad. The dashboard does not have the soft touch of old getz. But the plastics used are not bad. Auto car says the interior in Getz prime is better than old model.
The winshield is as large as honda accord and the view is great.
The driver display with rpm, fuel indicator electronic display and tachometer.

Space: Do not get deceived by the looks. It is as spacious as accent, may be more. I am 6 2 tall and leg space is good in the front as well as rear. The dashboard is very large and can even accomodate a suitcase. Three people can seat comfortably at the rear. Practicality of the space is great with cup holders, trays and hooks. Good features are 3 seat belts for rear passengers , 60:40 split seat and fully foldable rear seats. The rear seats in getz prime can be folded up completely to have space to transport even a bicycle. The boot space is also very good. Can accomodate enough luggage for highway trips or trip to the airport.
Cluch foot rest is a good feature. It is very important to me and I find it also in Palio.
Arm rest is provided on 1.3 prime.

Performace: The pick up is not great, though the car has the capability to attain high speeds. It will take its own time. Proper use of gear shift is important to enjoy this car. The car is fun at higher rpm. Hyundai has provided an excellent gear shift which is so effortless to use. Shifting gears is a pleasure!!
Power of the car is more than enough for a non enthusiast. I love driving fast. I love the performace of Palio, but I had to make a compromise in performance as I am a family man and the overall practicality of the car in terms of space, build quality,After Sales Service and comfort are also important. Getz with CRDI engine will be fun..I will miss it.

Ride and Handling: The car is so smooth to drive. The ride is good. The suspension is very soft, but it does not affect the handling. The car holds the road well because of the weight of the car. The car is stable at cornering in high speeds. I have not taken her beyond 100 as she is in run in period.

Build Quality: The build quality is good and can be compared to palio. As the car is exported to europe the build quality is good to adhere to european safety standards. No rattling. Complete peace in the cabin.

Airconditioning: The air conditioning is excellent and it cools the cabin very fast. Do not go for Getz Prime 1.1 if u intend to use AC. The santro engine is not at all adequate to pull the weight of the car with AC ON. My previous car was a Santro and it had an excellent engine. But the engine can be enjoyed in a Santro, not in a Getz which weighs 80 kg more than accent.

Fuel efficency: I did not want to go for getz early as I had read reviews mentioning bad mileage and my usage was quite high. Now my usage is less after shifting office and decided to go for Getz. I am not disappointed. I am getting mileage of 11.5 and the first service is not done.

After Sales Service: I used Santro for 3 years and After Sales Service of hyundai is good. I have been using the service of Trident, Bangalore.

Some Cons/ observations:
  1. Under thigh support is not enough for me. I am 6 2 tall.
  2. Seat is not height adjustable.
  3. Bit pricey. After all its a hatchback. But I believe quality comes at a price.
  4. Air bags are not available.
  5. The car is exported with airbags. There is lot of space under dashboard intended for airbags, which is wasted. The glove box is small.
  6. Tyres are not tubeless.
  7. AC switch is little low. But other controls are placed well.
Overall: Go for it if you want a comfortable and practical hatchback.

I have been getting queries from guys considering Getz Prime. Hope this helps. Please PM me if you have any queries.

Team BHP rocks!!

Last edited by Zappo : 9th July 2007 at 12:37. Reason: Grammatical corrections on member request.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2007, 03:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention that power steering is tiltable and it is a good feature to have, especially during highway driving.
The steering is hydraulic and gives good feedback. But would like it to be little more soft at low speeds.
Old 8th July 2007, 09:04   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase.

I am in a dilemma, I like the looks of the Getz Prime compared to the Swift. Its the lack of Airbags and Climate Control that is holding me back in ordering one. IF they introduced a spec to take on the Swift ZXI, I would prefer to order the Hyundai.
Old 8th July 2007, 09:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice revew, I do agree about practical hatchback, actually speaking Prime Hatchbacks like this should be same as sedan without boot. Only Getz is one among practical hatchbacks.

I liked Getz for its for silence and it is very much silent and gives nice ride.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:06   #5
Team-BHP Support

nice review. i agree about the pickup. but after i put in a free flow exhaust and air filter its become much better.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:12   #6
BHPian

Thats a nice review. Its good that you went for 1.3, that 1.1 is a joke.

The colour of the old getz's dash board was big turn off, for me. I hope they changed that for good. 175 tyres are pretty adequate. Its the rubber that matters.

Also, once, only once, saw the prime on road. It looks really good. This car needs better treatment from the indian public. Definitely after years of usage the car will be having far less rattles than the competition. Yeah, the CRDI would have helped a lot. Since "PatienceWins" you could have waited for it...

So what colour you have brought? Also post some pics please.

Last edited by gkrishn : 8th July 2007 at 10:17.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post

hes mentioned the colour. its noble white.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post

Yeah, the CRDI would have helped a lot. Since "PatienceWins" you could have waited for it...

I waited for more than a year. No more patience left..

I intend to go for FFE and conical air filter later. Do not want to make the warranty void now.

btw, your pictures are lovely. how is reactive filter compared to K&N?
Old 8th July 2007, 13:12   #9
Team-BHP Support

i have ractive. its as good but cheaper.
Old 8th July 2007, 16:19   #10
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride!

BTW is there any difference in the engine/mileage between the old 1.3Getz and the new 1.3 Getz Prime?
i heard something like it is lighter and hence more FE???
keep up with more reports of how it performs in city/highway.
regards
Old 9th July 2007, 09:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

I am getting 11.5. First service is not done.

I am not sure whether the prime 1.3 is lighter than the old getz. I doubt it as the componenets used are the same.
Old 9th July 2007, 14:22   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hey! Nice write up! Some pics would be great.

Mind answering a few questions?
1. What was the on-road price?
2. Mileage of 11.5 is with ac on always?
Old 9th July 2007, 20:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

The on the road price of GLX version, top end model with ABS and alloys, was 6.1 lakhs.

The mileage of 11.5 was with AC ON most of the time. Only city driving, mostly bumper to bumper traffic. Expect mileage to improve after first service.
Old 10th July 2007, 01:36   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

A good handling car you have there. Nice report. Can't wait to see her during the drive.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:13   #15
BHPian

Did you get pre-installed audio? how is the sound
quality?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks