Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:28   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
No Ford brand is cheap to maintain, whenever one visits the service centre expect to pay up a large chunk of your monthly budget towards inflated hourly 'labor charges' and inflated spare parts. I wonder why Indians suck up to such a brand ?

this scale is only in IT sector.
Firstly:
I own a mondeo. An trust me its a car which anyone would love to drive (perfect drivers car) regarding the labour charges and maintenance cost i don see it anywhere expensive than any other cars of it's class e.g accord, skoda, camry.. even in most of the cases it is cheaper than others.
Secondly:
Passat do looks nice from outside but i don see any reason to pay such a price for it. I'm waiting for new model of mondeo to be launched and im sure it's far much better car than passat, audi, BMW and will be priced lower than them as well.
Even if i look back on the period 2001-2005 mondeo is the best onroad car in terms of comfort, fuel efficiency( 10-11Km/l in city, petrol), features.although it's not being a hit due to its priced a bit higher and during that period there were not much buys for such segements. but the features and ride it have still beats the cars of its segement and even of higher segements.
So i guess it's better to wait for new mondeo to rock.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hey V10, could you give some details on the maintenance costs of the passat? How much does the service cost? Also is your colour Mocca Antracite with the dark beige interiors. Would love to see some interior pics as well as rear seat pics.

Today I visited the VW showroom and took a test drive of Passat.Its a strong car and the top model is loaded well and the base model don't even have some of the features present in Laura l&k.But it is a well built car and was nice to drive.

Regarding the service cost.It was told that it will be around 15k for each service at every 7500kms.Also came to know from Vinayak cars that the Laura service interval now is at 10000kms.Is it true.I thought it was at 7500kms.according to the executive in Vinayak cars the service cost is around 6000 at every 10k kms.is this correct?
Old 15th May 2008, 22:22   #78
Team-BHP Support

15K for every service for the Passat is what he told me as well. I want to know the cost of spares after warranty as the warranty is not extendable.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
15K for every service for the Passat is what he told me as well. I want to know the cost of spares after warranty as the warranty is not extendable.
Vid I too asked about the cost of spares.He told me that it is going to be expensive since all spares has to come from Germany.He also told that the spare price will get reduced in future,but no idea when they are going to be reduced.But it is sure that at present it will be expensive to maintain this overpriced car.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:39   #80
Team-BHP Support

I don't think the spares are from germany. Any faulty part is replaced is in 3 days. The spares are couriered from VW Singapore. That's what the sales manager told me.

Remember this car is not a CBU. It is assembled at Skoda's Aurangabad facility.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:41   #81
BHPian

The other information i got from the VW showroom is that the VW jetta is going to be launched in july and it will be in 15-16L range.

At present there is free insurance for the Passat base model.That is around 77k.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the spares are from germany. Any faulty part is replaced is in 3 days. The spares are couriered from VW Singapore.
Might be i heard it wrong

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2008 at 02:49. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:45   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
The other information i got from the VW showroom is that the VW jetta is going to be launched in july and it will be in 15-16L range.
The Jetta is parked in the back. 1.4L petrol. There's also a black Phaeton there.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:08   #84
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Hey V10, could you give some details on the maintenance costs of the passat? How much does the service cost? Also is your colour Mocca Antracite with the dark beige interiors. Would love to see some interior pics as well as rear seat pics.
the car is expensive to service but delhi is even worse as the kashyap dealer is a fraud/greedy kind of guy ...

Last edited by v10 : 16th May 2008 at 18:10.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:29   #85
v10
BHPian

i'd also like to add that dont think of it as a competitor to the 325i or the c220 but a more expensive laura/accord/superb... dont think of it as a poor man's bmw but a rich mans laura.. then it all starts to make sense.. i truly love the car as i wasnt such a big fan of it when i bought it but its grown on me..

Best seats, best steering, best dimensions (great for city driving) ,turns so many heads, looks attractive, returns 14kmpl in a diesel!! and acceleration is so different... in the porsche when you accelerate you feel as if youre being pushed forward very fast but in this you feel as if big foot unexpectedly kicked you in the *** and you went flying ahead.. does skid a lot when ouy step on it in a straight line... even with the ESP on..
another thing that the bmw wont offer is the compact size and driveability ( you have no idea as to how i rip and make crazy,loony turns on the road with this thing!! )

now only if it had these wheels which look awesome on this ( making the harsh ride even harsher! )

Driven: VW Passat Diesel DSG ...-1.jpg

Driven: VW Passat Diesel DSG ...-2.jpg

Last edited by v10 : 16th May 2008 at 18:38.
Old 16th May 2008, 20:45   #86
BHPian

The service interval is at 30000kms for Passat. Even the first service is at 30000 kms. VW says that they use special oil which is only for VW engines. This is in my service manual also.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:06   #87
BHPian

hi guys!

Yesterday i had a TD of the Passat! AS i am looking for a vehicle in the 30ish range, and as i am waiting for the launch of the new Audi A4. The A4 seems to be outta budget now as its almost 35lk onroad for the new one.

So considering the current model A4 (After discount - Rs.30lk onroad here.)
and then i called for the PASSAT too reading the reviews here...

What to say, i am total flat aftere driving this beautiful car! it is just fantastic! excellent pickup, the acceleration is far smoother and quicker than the Laura. The engine noise is less, and the interiors are great. The speedo area loks as if from Rolls or Bently, coz they have thes wooden background with scooped out meters. It was awesome. loved the car.

One thing NEGATIVE is : The car doesnt have visual aid for the parking sensors!!! Laura has it!

Overall, yes, its a bigger Laura. What laura left out, this car has put in.. mind u, there is hardly anything that the Laura has left out on.

1. Paddle shift
2. Electronic Parking brake
3. Electronic Parking Brake - Auto Hold feature
4. ELECTRIC rear sun visor (laura has manual)
5. Rear Door window sun visors.
6. Electronic Seats for front passenger too!
7. Allloy for the spare tyre.
8. Right & Left moving Xenons. ( this am not too sure. the dealer said it moves left and right with the steering in dark - someone please confirm if its true)

Now there are the only "features" different from the Laura.
And then these are the ones that make it all together a new car, not comparable to the Laura!

BUT, as i already have a Laura, wondering wud it be good to go for this. The Current A4 also looks skodaish, but the upcoming new one is totally different.

Lets see what i come up with! nothing decided yet. as will make a decission in july-august after seeing the new A4. So till then the Passat surely is in my list.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:07   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
The service interval is at 30000kms for Passat. Even the first service is at 30000 kms. VW says that they use special oil which is only for VW engines. This is in my service manual also.
That u mean in the German models, sold in Germany right? or are u talking of the Indian variant?
Old 13th June 2008, 00:15   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
Most of the european cars available in India have shorter service intervals compared to what prevails in europe.So i guess the passat also has a shorter interval than that.Some owner around here can answer that right.V10??
I think what V10 said is right.As far as what i felt the Passat is a rich man's Laura than a poor man's 3 or a C!I absolutely love the seats.Fits you perfect.
Old 13th June 2008, 01:57   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
That u mean in the German models, sold in Germany right? or are u talking of the Indian variant?
I own a Passat 2.0 TDI in Germany. I do not know about service intervals in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks