Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:03   #151
Senior - BHPian

The car build is no doubt good. No rattles in my car also as it is almost 4 years old. Of couse the total running from 4 years is around 25K kms. The pics above are good too. Although the 1st pics is more scenic and looks more attractive. BTW where are you planning to your Mike for servicing? Lathangi ford? Do update on your experience after your servicing.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:03   #152
BHPian

Man i am jealous of your Ikon!

Cheers
Sanju
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:51   #153
BHPian

Great review Benny. The IKON is a well built and fun to drive car. I had my IKON for 5 years and bid farewell to it last month. And I second many of the sentiments expressed in this review.

Enjoy the ride and keep updating
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:28   #154
Team-BHP Support

@snaronikar ; Plan on trying out Lathangi. Shall give them a chance, o see if they have truly stepped into Cauvery's shoes. Yet to book a srvicing slot. Will most probably only get it done in October or so.

@ Sanju : Jealous of what? Its all stock.

@ PathFinder : I remember reading about your farewell to your trusted steed. Decided on your new car?
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:39   #155
BHPian

Jealous that the car does not have any major problems like mine. You know how Ikons are! Almost all Ikon owners complain including me. This thread is one where i have seen something different.

Cheers
Sanju
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:44   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Jealous that the car does not have any major problems like mine. You know how Ikons are! Almost all Ikon owners complain including me. This thread is one where i have seen something different.
I agree. Touchwood Benny
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:56   #157
Team-BHP Support

Most often if your A.S.S is good and you treat your car well, these reported issues will not happen in the first place. Atleast i share the same feelings for the reliability of iKON and the guy who bought it from me also never reported any issues for the next 1.5 years he had the car, thats like 8.5 years. Yes this car doesnt rattle at all, which says a lot about the quality of plastics and how it has been put together.
Old 4th September 2008, 08:19   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sanju, i stand by what Jaggu has mentioned. I am not the only one with no compliants against the vehicle. Our fellow member sammyboy who has had an Ikon since 2005 was so convinced about the vehicle and its reliability, that he went along and got another Ikon for his dad!
Old 4th September 2008, 10:35   #159
Senior - BHPian

Benny, nice update & great pics - like time has stood still for Mike, hasn't aged much. In any case, two years is just the beginning of the relationship, as far as an Ikon is concerned, long may yours run!

PS: Edit the title properly, will ya
Old 4th September 2008, 11:17   #160
Team-BHP Support

Suman, have put up a few pics over this period in the Auto image thread as well. Check 'em out when you have time.

As for the title, have requested the mods for a title update.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:47   #161
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ben. Will wait for your update on Lathangi.

Quote:
Infact my brother had used this car for 3 years he did not have any problem, I hve been usingthis from past 1 year and I do not any problems. Though I have done many trips in this including couple of 1000 kms+ stretch (both to and fro including). As Jaggu and others has said, if you treat him well, he will return the same to you. IMO, this is not only with Ikon, it will be same with the other cars too.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:52   #162
Senior - BHPian

Nice writeup Ben! What is noticeable in both the snaps is that the road condition has remained more or less the same!
Old 4th September 2008, 12:58   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sanju, i stand by what Jaggu has mentioned. I am not the only one with no compliants against the vehicle. Our fellow member sammyboy who has had an Ikon since 2005 was so convinced about the vehicle and its reliability, that he went along and got another Ikon for his dad!
I also second this – four of us colleagues including me bought IKON in 2003 – 5 years all of us did not have much problems. But what I see on this forum is that once you start getting problems, it is a bit different.
The place where you get it serviced and the attention they give also matters a lot.
Old 4th September 2008, 20:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
heh heh thanks Benny. And I still stand by my decision. Have clocked almost 33k kms as of today and am loving the car more and more everyday. The only issue I face is during rains when the lack of a rear demister hits and oh yes the remote opener for the boot.

Last service, changed brake pads, topped up fluids, changed air filter, transmission oil, wipers, and engine oil. Total cost about 6k. and oh yeah renewed insurance.

I guess I have spent about 15k on it till now (3 years) all servicings, including the cost incurred when I had the accident. Get over 12 km/l 100% AC in Bangalore traffic. And 1 puncture till date (touchwood)

Dad is loving his ikon too.

I am loving it baba. Edit : Pathfinder : Nice coincidence 4 of us got the ikon at the same time too in 2005.

Last edited by sammyboy : 4th September 2008 at 20:56.
Old 4th September 2008, 21:41   #165
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Samarth! Back after a hiatus, eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The only issue I face is during rains when the lack of a rear demister hits and oh yes the remote opener for the boot..
I have the same sore points to talk about. I seriously do not understand why Ford had to be miserly with the remote boot option. It was earlier never an issue for me when the car was used for the weekend shooping or highway trips. Now that i have been using it as a daily ride, the absence of the boot release when asked by the security chaps at office leaves one embarassed. I switch off the ignition, and pass on the keys to them so they can carry on with their search. Such a trivial point to cut costs, actually. Any idea how much the retrofit costs for the boot release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
1 puncture till date (touchwood)
Same story here, as well.

Valid point raised by Pathfinder. Lets see how the new dealer carries on from where Cauvery left.

Amtak, that location is a lovely place for the short dash from the maddening city. Have quite a few snaps from that trip. Will post a couple here shortly.

I have been looking around some accessory shops locally for a good arm rest, which would also function as a storage box. Couldnt find any for the Ikon. Anyone tried this out?

Most Viewed