Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 12:37   #391
BHPian

Congrats to Mike & Ben. I am waiting for you to get Mike serviced at an independent garage as I will follow you there :-)
Old 29th March 2010, 12:43   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hey Ben,
Congratulations on 40K kms on your odo.
Nice to see a fellow owner having a nice time with their ride.
BTW do you know of any accessory shop in blr where they do the boot release system. I have been unable to find out about it so far.
Pal, why bother going to an accessory shop to get it done, when you can do it yourself? Follow the simple set of procedures which were provided by Condor in this thread, and you can have te boot release setup up and running! Check this thread for details: Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Carnation had a service camp in a hospital I had gone. I gave the car to them for checking thinking that it cannot cause any harm. By seeing how confused and incompetent the guys were I decided never to visit them, though it is close to my house.

Struggling to open the bonet and fixing it, operating wipers on a dry glass and searching for the controls showed that they cannot be trusted with any car.
Carnation flattered to deceive in my case as well, regarding the ignition coil for my car. First, they hounded me asking to allow them to place the order, then they stopped answering my calls. I dont suppose i would approach them henceforth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Congrats to Mike & Ben. I am waiting for you to get Mike serviced at an independent garage as I will follow you there :-)
Yet to make up my mind on this.. most probably will end up visiting the independent garage, since its closer to home.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:05   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : Yet to make up my mind on this.. most probably will end up visiting the independent garage, since its closer to home.
Benny, give them a shot. The SA's at Lathangi who we used to meet have moved out. If you dont have wty validity concerns, then you should have one less thing to 'risk'.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:14   #394
Team-BHP Support

Get the problem diagnosed at the Ford A.S.S and get it fixed outside
Old 29th March 2010, 17:55   #395
BHPian

Guys, need your help on this. I have observed that whenever I cold start my engine, I hear a screeching noise for 30 seconds and its gone. This doesnt happen on warm starts. Only when the engine is cold. ANything to worry as I have almost 2,000 kms trip ahead?

ben, anything you suggest? I cant replicate the error with the service guys as by the time i reach there it behaves nomally. I am really worried because I am going on a trip with family (Mom & Wifey). cant take any risks :(

Last edited by Fordy : 29th March 2010 at 17:58.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:02   #396
Team-BHP Support

One of the belts acting up ? Fan belt maybe.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:00   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Eddy, Dont scare me mate. I checked the fan belt and no issues found. How come it doesnt sound after some revolutions then?
Old 29th March 2010, 20:06   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eddy, Dont scare me mate. I checked the fan belt and no issues found. How come it doesnt sound after some revolutions then?
What did you check? You need to check the tension and tighten the belt. If its too old then change it. When cold there is less friction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Any specific reason Ford does not give the Duratec 1.6 engine in Ikon, apart from the increased cost factor?
After the Fiesta came, the Ikon has been positioned as a VFM car to take on the Accent, Lancer etc. So for cost and FE the 1.3 was the choice.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:30   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, need your help on this. I have observed that whenever I cold start my engine, I hear a screeching noise for 30 seconds and its gone. This doesnt happen on warm starts. Only when the engine is cold. Anything to worry as I have almost 2,000 kms trip ahead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What did you check? You need to check the tension and tighten the belt. If its too old then change it. When cold there is less friction.
As Eddy and Mpower mentioned, it definitely seems to be the fan belt. You could ask for a fan belt replacement, and then check if the issue persists on cold start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Benny, give them a shot. The SA's at Lathangi who we used to meet have moved out. If you dont have wty validity concerns, then you should have one less thing to 'risk'.
Makes sense, since Srinivas who used to attend to my car right since the days at Cauvery Ford has left.. and getting to know a new service advisor will take some time. Will need to get the servicing done either this weekend or next.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:34   #400
BHPian

Quote:
What did you check? You need to check the tension and tighten the belt. If its too old then change it. When cold there is less friction
I honestly dont know how to do this. Its just 19 K Kms & 30 months Old. How often these fan belts need to be changed? Should I have to go to Ford? Hope it doesnt take much time. Ikon Fan belt 1500 + Tax + Labour

Last edited by Fordy : 29th March 2010 at 20:52.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:03   #401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I honestly dont know how to do this. Its just 19 K Kms & 30 months Old. How often these fan belts need to be changed? Should I have to go to Ford? Hope it doesnt take much time. Ikon Fan belt 1500 + Tax + Labour
Where exactly are you located? If nearby Marathalli, can recommend you both a shop for the spares, as well as a reliable garage where you can get it changed.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:09   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If its only 19K then you should'nt need to change. Just have the mech tighten the belt and you are all set.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:49   #403
BHPian

Quote:
If its only 19K then you should'nt need to change. Just have the mech tighten the belt and you are all set.

Mpower, your kind words relieved me. I should be running to Ford tomorrow. Thanks. I will get it fixed.

Ben - I am opposite to Purva in MarathaHalli. No one I know in Lathangi now a days, as even Shoaib moved to Carnations. Any advice where to get this fixed other than Ford?

Last edited by Fordy : 29th March 2010 at 21:51.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:36   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mpower, your kind words relieved me. I should be running to Ford tomorrow. Thanks. I will get it fixed.

Ben - I am opposite to Purva in MarathaHalli. No one I know in Lathangi now a days, as even Shoaib moved to Carnations. Any advice where to get this fixed other than Ford?
Did you take the car to the dealer? If not, visit this place called Sejal Motors, a former Maruti After sales center. This is located on the ORR behind Bhagini Restaurant at Doddanekkundi.

PM me in case you require any further directions.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:44   #405
BHPian

Ben, Thanks for the lead. apologies for not updating the story yesterday, busy with the Quarter end stuff at office.

I went to Lathangi on Wednesday. Crazy things happened there. I went in the morning after spending 90 min in the traffic. It took 45 min for them to have a look at me. After this one bloke came (now a days you dont find the old guys all new faces) I explained him the problem. Mentioned only on cold start - Bingo - Our Ford guys always have answers to any problems engine belt sir - replace maada beku (need to replace), and gave me an estimate and job card was prepared. I asked him what do you think about the belt life - Our very intelligent guys believe that it is every 20 K kms - man when will these guys learn? I explained him in detail that my car is just over 2 years and 19 k kms. and told him that there shouldnt be any problem, if the belt needs to be changed every 20 K kms - then the engine should be changed every 100 K kms. Still they believe that I should change it. I had an argument with the so called SME there and finally convinced him to take the belt out and see. I even threatened that I will complain to Ford as no troubleshooting is being doen, straight away replace fund. They removed it and we saw some dust particles inside it. Cleaned it with the wire brush - fix it back. Viola - everything is smooth & fine. Checked it in the night also today morning no screeching noise.

After all this - they didnt ask me to pay anything. Thats the end. Tomorrow driving to Vijayawada - Wish me Luck mate.

Most Viewed