Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 09:49   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
When my friends started associating a clean car with troubles in the house, i laid to rest that practice.

Now I know how to get back at all those who keep complaining about my car not looking neat . Thanks Benny.
Old 9th August 2007, 10:39   #47
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, that neednt apply to everyone's case, pal. Hehe...
Between, do you also clean your car following a fight?
Old 9th August 2007, 11:07   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Rahul, that neednt apply to everyone's case, pal. Hehe...
Like I said it will atleast give me an excuse when people keep complaining about the cleanliness of my car .

Quote:
Between, do you also clean your car following a fight?
Benny boy, I used to wash my zen everyday. But after it succumbed to injuries I did it for 1 whole month with the baleno. Then somehow as the path to my house led through a very dirty mud road car would get very dirty everytime I took her out. So the daily cleaning changed to once in 2-3 days. And during the rainy seasons it became once a week. Needless to say, somehow the car looked wicked with all the muck on it. While others hated it.

Though, these days I have someone dedicated to washing the car everyday I do take up the job when I have lots of free time and patience and when I am in one of those lovely moods. Besides I hardly even take the car out these days.

And no, I hardly ever fight with anyone. When I do I sleep over it. You see, thats the reason I am as fat as I am now .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th August 2007 at 11:09.
Old 9th August 2007, 11:22   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Though, these days I have someone dedicated to washing the car everyday I do take up the job when I have lots of free time and patience and when I am in one of those lovely moods. Besides I hardly even take the car out these days.

And no, I hardly ever fight with anyone. When I do I sleep over it. You see, thats the reason I am as fat as I am now .
I used to have my apartments watchman clean the car for the first 2 months since i bought it. Realized it was never cleaned well, atleast not to my liking. Despite having to pay him 300/- bucks for it per month, i used to go and wash the car at times on my own. Later realized why not do it on a permanent basis, and so informed him the same. He didnt have the courage to ask "Why saar".

As for the fighting part, despite me not sleeping over it, i am still fat.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:48   #50
BHPian

Hi benny,

Sorry was away for a while,

My workplace dosent not permit access to image shack and hence unabel to upload images, trying from alternates, as below

Mail me to pvcharan@rediffmail.com

Check the following :
Image hosted with 4FreeImageHost.com

Old 13th August 2007, 15:16   #51
Team-BHP Support

Checked the mileage when filling up this weekend from Shell. It came out to a healthy 13.2 kmpl, which is quite good considering that the car did lug around 5 people for almost an entire day in city, and with the A/C running. Add to that some bad roads where speeds were low, and it feels quite nice to see these figures.

Somehow, probably due to my incorrect approach, the car manages to scrape quite a few speedbreakers these days. Should get the underbody checked during the next service wherein Mike would be celebrating his first anniversary.

@VC12, finally the pictures for all to see. Try a few better shots of the car. Also, whats those stickers on the doors, near the handles, in the second pic?
Old 13th August 2007, 18:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good mileage figure baby boy .

Quote:
Somehow, probably due to my incorrect approach, the car manages to scrape quite a few speedbreakers these days. Should get the underbody checked during the next service wherein Mike would be celebrating his first anniversary.
Why blame the car when your rear has gotten fatter .Reduce your weight 1st and it has nothing to do with the car. Poor car !!
Old 13th August 2007, 19:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Mileage Benny considering city drive (that too Bangalore)...Mike badly wants a highway experience...
Take MIKE to Kerala soon, check the mileage, I am sure she will give 16kmpl then...

Abhi
Old 13th August 2007, 21:02   #54
BHPian

man great writeup ben, the story of you & mike, well has just begun
. the one thing i really like about Ikon's is steering positions. its perfect!

keep us posted on your break in & drives
Old 14th August 2007, 00:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Checked the mileage when filling up this weekend from Shell. It came out to a healthy 13.2 kmpl, which is quite good considering that the car did lug around 5 people for almost an entire day in city, and with the A/C running. Add to that some bad roads where speeds were low, and it feels quite nice to see these figures.

@VC12, finally the pictures for all to see. Try a few better shots of the car. Also, whats those stickers on the doors, near the handles, in the second pic?
Those are great figures.. especially in Blore traffic!!

Well take Mikey on the highway and you will get more than 16.. and dont forget the gift when you get those figures

Nimz
Old 14th August 2007, 10:00   #56
BHPian

Hi Benny,

Thats a good mileage.

My last post had some problem, while i copied the text from else where and hence i am posting again.

My Panther Ikon last gave me lieage of 12.5 kmpl with a/c in city that was the max i got till date.

The
Old 14th August 2007, 10:04   #57
BHPian

Check ut the snaps as below, i ll try few other with ICE and new set of alloys to be put up over this weekend. they are a 12 spoke silver& machine finished from NEO.

Those stick-on's are door gaurds , i have sticked them for just looks.

Old 14th August 2007, 10:10   #58
Team-BHP Support

Riju, you were right. I wont blame the car any longer. I need to lose weight. Check out the write up in my gallery, where i have mentioned that the owner needs to lose weight.

Abhi, Nimz : The highest ever was 18 kmpl on the highway. 16+kmpl is the standard with A/C at 100% usage on the highway. Nimz, using my own medicine against me? First your gift, then i shall consider.

Warchild, keep visiting this thread. I truly agree with you on the Ikon's steering and position. I would however love it if it offerred tiltable steering, which sadly is absent.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th August 2007 at 10:11.
Old 17th August 2007, 12:59   #59
Team-BHP Support

Its nearing a year of ownership, and was reminded of the same once again when i got the mail asking me to renew the insurance. Mike is insured with Bajaj Allianz and i have had no issues with them the last time when i had to claim insurance following the incident with the rick. (Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...gs-pounce.html )

The cashless facility which they offerred was nice, and didnt leave me waiting for the cheque to come my way. Was thinking to continue the relationship with them. Since i have lost the NCB, the renewal amount has been put down at about Rs.15,000 (apprx).

@VC12 : You had mentioned about renewing your insurance through the dealer wherein they were giving some offers. Please give me some more info on the same.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ben, I got my car re insured from bajaj allianz this time and as u know ,lost the NCB too (third year of ownership has begun) .I had to pay about Rs 13,852 for the insurance . Match the figures with the ones your agent is giving u .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks