Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 13:50   #61
Team-BHP Support

Samarth, did u directly send the cheque to the BA people via their Business Envelope, or did you approach the dealer to get the insurance renewed?

Replying to post below:
Shall do that. There is a number on the envelope provided to me. Should call and check.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th August 2007 at 14:04.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from Bajaj allianz guys asking me if i wanted to get the car reinsured .This lady called and was very helpful .She also sent a guy to collect the check and gave me the cover letter at my office. The phone no of the person is 9880344579 (if I am not mistaken) Call n check once
Old 17th August 2007, 14:21   #63
BHPian

Hi All,

I am just coming from Ford showroom accompanied to get my frd a good deal for his Fiesta Diesel.

In btw, i got hold of few list of spares for Ikon with cost.

Spolier Rs. 8868
Mud flaps kit Rs. 1003
Remote Boot rel kit Rs. 6204
Floor mats Rs.827
Boot Mat Rs.762
Leather seat covers Rs. 23011
Leather Vinyl Rs.12974
Tool kit 497
Car care kit 857
Old 17th August 2007, 14:32   #64
BHPian

Benny,

During Mar'07 Mody Ford in Hyd was through offers for customers who renewed therr Insurnce via them and get the following

Free Car wash & Vaccum
Wheel alignment/balancing
Discount on accessories Rs.500
Old 17th August 2007, 20:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Benny, Where do you get your car washed? How is the quality?
Old 19th August 2007, 12:42   #66
BHPian

Benny,

Check out my gallery & alloy show section ,I have uploaded new images of the alloys....
Old 21st August 2007, 08:23   #67
Team-BHP Support

@Kuttapan : I wash my car myself, twice a week. I dont use any shampoos or detergents for the same. One aonth or depending upon the muck that collects owing to the rains, i take it to a car wash which is near where i stay on the ORR. Costs me Rs.130/- for a body wash.

@VC12 : Buddy, car looks great now. Please do post better snaps, though.
Old 21st August 2007, 11:47   #68
BHPian

Yes, I ll try taking some better snaps.

With overwhleming Fiesta sales, all the ford workshops are flooded with line of vehicles coming for service, be it any any of the week.
Old 21st August 2007, 11:57   #69
BHPian

It's always advisable not to wash the car very often, regulary washing leads to color dullness.

My suggestion use a wet/moist cloth intially to clean the car and then use a very soft cotton cloth to clean, this way you have better exterior fininsh for long.

Washing can be done may be once in 45 days that too if its a rainy season with lot of under body /mud flaps get dirty.

While cleaning the side doors having dirt splash , one can spill some water and use a soft wet cloth to remove. Unless its hard try a pressure water.

For tar stains/ sticky stains,petrol works perfect.

Above all use a cream type wax availble from any good barnds( Turtle,F1, 3M, Sonax) this will ensure you car is just gr8.

For interiors too use any standard dashbopard spray and keep those a/c vents, dash clean...

Also check for the play in doors while opening and closing, if any doubt get it greased & have rust off sprayed @ Ford service.

Cheers!!!
Old 28th August 2007, 14:52   #70
Team-BHP Support

Drive to Mysore

The past weekend being the Onam weekend, and also with a friend coming down from the US, decided to head somewhere for a change. Had to be some place where we could head out to in the morn and be back in Bangalore by night/evening. My friends hadnt been to Mysore ever, and so it was decided to head to the Mysore palace. Wifey too had never been there, and so the plan was made.

While i usually stick to around 100kmph on my previous highway trips, decided to indulge in some spirited driving this time round. Touched a max speed of about 140 kmph, which wasnt really all that easy getting to considering the car was loaded with 4 adults, and also with the air-conditioning switched on. The car was quite stable and since i am running stock tyres, didnt want to push it any further. Handling was good, as i have mentioned earlier, and its among the Ikon's traits. I had to be careful with some of the speed breakers considering the load and also since i hadnt inflated the tyres to accomodate the extra load.

On the return journey, didnt really push the car much, although it wasnt sedate driving. It was highly irritating when it took me over an hour just to get from Mysore road to Silk board junction. Totally took out the fun from the entire trip, with the traffic moving at pace which even a snail could have outrun in a drag. When we hit the city, it was raining cats and dogs, and here i sorely missed the absence of a defogger.

At the end of the trip, the mileage returned was 15.6kmpl, which was probably the lowest i have recieved during the highway runs, but i am not complaining as it was a case of almost 90% A/C usage, with high speed driving.

Mike is now totally covered with muck from the trip, and once the rains subside, should take him to the car wash for a proper bath.
Old 29th August 2007, 01:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

Car wash name is what I asked for.
Old 29th August 2007, 10:00   #72
Team-BHP Support

kuttapan, i dont remember the name of the place, not a very special name anyway. Its near the Agara lake, where there is a petrol bunk and a car wash attached. Directly opposite this is an entrance to HSR Layout.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Another landmark for Mike, 140Kmph. Now, he will start respecting you.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:41   #74
BHPian

Hi Benny,

Good to know your Mike too has touched 140kmph, well same is the case with me I never pushed my panther more than 140kmph.

After understanding the series of braking issues which is a point of concern.

Like I always believed, 120kmph should be ideal max speed on Ikon's , however sometimes when the road is inviting and the driver is pretty sure of the route, then can one take it to 160kmph.

Yesterday , I had to meet my frd near b hills rd no 12. and i took the route via KBR park and unfortunately there was some traffic in btw.

Then a thought striked that let me push my ikon with new alloys on the twist and turns smooth road to max as possible in the conditions to check on alloys fitment. My foot was on gas and the speedo touched 110 but that too for few secs considerinng the traffic.

I took it in all twist and turns at speeds btw 60-80kmph , I am overwhelmed by the reflex ROCAM gives back to the driver.

I truly enjoyed it and in btw after, a road parked with a Innova & NHC on both sides of the road in a zig zag pattern, my Panther was just gliding.

Hats off best responsive streeing that has set the benchmark.

Truly IKONIC...
Old 6th September 2007, 13:05   #75
Team-BHP Support

Another milestone crossed

Couldnt resist myself from preserving this Kodak moment.

11111 kms on the odo. Heading quickly to the one year of ownership mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks