Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2018, 10:29   #151
BHPian

I am at mahindra ASS now. They also found the same glow plug error, though their code number was different. They have changed one glow plug which was faulty. All the time I was along with them. So far they have not done anything wrong.
He has now gone for a test drive. Let us see if there is any further issue.

There was no further issue. Back home now. Total cost was 2815. 1600 something for part, rest charges for scanning and labour. Pretty expensive though.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2018 at 13:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Abhishek_Garg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 11:14   #152
BHPian

re: My Logan DLE EDIT: Sold after 12 years and 177344 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Pretty expensive though.
Great - Your problem got resolved
Old 15th September 2018, 11:48   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
My FNG says it's very difficult to connect /interpret with an external device for Logan and Xylo. Only the OEM scanner works it seems.
Not true for Xylo, however for Logan/ Verito the torque pro android app isn't reliable, I remember using some other app just for the Verito, maybe it was 'inCardoc' but m not sure. App specifically mentioned that it can scan error codes for Logan/ Dacia Logan in the list of cars, or there was a review about the app which stated it.
Old 15th September 2018, 12:41   #154
BHPian

Hi Pugram, see if there is any leakage in the air intake pipes or hoses as well as all the fuel hoses, including the fuel priming rubber balloon and all hose joints.

Any pressure drop due to leakages leads to pressure rail error.

This error does not seem to be radiator related.
Old 13th November 2018, 12:26   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi Pugram, see if there is any leakage in the air intake pipes or hoses as well as all the fuel hoses, including the fuel priming rubber balloon and all hose joints.
My FNG has checked this with a scanner from Mahindra and says all parameters are fine . He used his contacts in the Mahindra ASS and got that person to test my car while my FNG drove the car. My FNG think this may be some electrical problem.

Last weekend (Sunday) I did a Chennai -> Madurai one day trip. I used this trip to understand when the error message shows up.

When I press the throttle gently or pump it gently and there is a very gradual increase in speed this error does not show. However if the pedal travel is more than say 5mm (Disclaimer: did not measure the travel, just a gut feel) then this error shows up and specifically between 80 ~ 90kmph in the 5th gear. In 4th gear this shows up around 60 ~ 70kmph.

There is no misfire or any jerky behaviour from the engine. I suspect the following:

1. A pedal - Its an electronic pedal and maybe age is catching up with it
2. Fuel pump / Rail - Maybe not able to deliver increased quantity of fuel to meet the acceleration demand

For this trip car delivered around 20kmpl+

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2018 at 12:39.
Old 18th November 2018, 06:13   #156
BHPian

Wow. Visiting your thread after a long long time and truely amazed. 172000 plus on this wonderful.car is no mean achievement. All the best. Simply great.
Old 25th November 2018, 09:09   #157
BHPian

My Logan is still going strong been 11 years now. I have a DLE 1.5 Model. It has done 73,000 on the Odometer, just got the clutch overhaul done . Over the last 11 years of its ownership i must say it has been a trouble free car and has been built like a tank. I know folks talk about how reliable Toyota is and stand for its quality. But Logan has lived up to its reputation. Feeling proud of this old workhorse. I have seen multiple Meru cabs in Bangalore in the past that have crossed 3 lakh on the Odometer and still going strong.

It's great to see the reliability and mileage you have done on this car. Its a workhorse and will not disappoint.
Old 24th May 2019, 14:20   #158
BHPian

My Logan DLE: 12 years, 1,77,000 km and Sold

So that time has come to bid adieu !!

Logan sold @ 177344 kms after almost 12 years of ownership. Found a second home in known circle.

Bought in July 2007 and might have been in the first batch of cars delivered in Chennai. It had been mostly trouble free and regular maintenance was all that was required. Car was maintained good mechanically. Engine was great but top end was lacking which was taken care by the RD Dieseltronic chip (Removed later). It was a frugal car and usually delivered between 17 and 20 depending on the right foot. But for infrequent washes not subjected to any other TLC.

There was not much running in the past 3~4 years. As on the date of sale it was running on the 4th set of shoes . OE was JK Vectra (52k kms) > Michelin XM1+ (60k kms) > Michelin XM2 (62k kms) > Yokohoma Earth 1. 99% of the driving was in highways / GQ only.

Lots of happy memories associated with the car. But the need for a more powerful car kept nagging and I finally relented.

Logan has been replaced with a pre-worshipped SCross 1.6 (I am an enthusiast after all ) and that too with one maintained and modded by a BHP'ian. What more do you want. I shall open a separate thread for that as and when I find time.

Mods:- Please lock this thread as I will not be updating any further. This has been a wonderful journey with Logan
pugram is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks