Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats what most people say about Claudia Schiffer too.
i would say, comparing Logan to Lindsay Lohan would be more closer
Old 2nd August 2007, 17:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Pugram,

Nice report. I'am closely following this thread. Do write about the maintianence/*** in your next......
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice review and congrats on the car, pugram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy
You could have increased your mileage little bit more had you rolled down the glasses.
You meant "rolled up", didn't you ? With windows down, drag increases resulting in lower mileage.
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats what most people say about Claudia Schiffer too.

and you!

nice mileage. 4 in the rear! wow! I would be happy if for theMag sized person(?) can sit in the rear.
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

22 kpl with 6 people in the car is pretty good. I guess the 27 kpl that OD guys got is probably believable.
Old 2nd August 2007, 21:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

pugram always put in some close up photos of your car man. it will be a good thing to see that along with your review!!
Old 2nd August 2007, 23:50   #22
BHPian

pugram, it was good to read your review.. it should clear any doubts that people may have had about the Logan w.r.t. handling, mileage and ride quality... And, yeah, I am seeing an increase in the number of Logans on the road these days.... Why, there's a brand new one (DLE LS) in the parking lot of my office complex too!
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
pugram always put in some close up photos of your car man. it will be a good thing to see that along with your review!!
The photos are available in the other thread in the "What car" section.

I am also seeing an increasing number of Logans in chennai.

People get this "will throw up" "Puking sensation" when they get into a closed (read window rolled up) car. They have a need for fresh air else feel great discomfort (AC not withstanding). My aunt falls in this category. Better lower mileage than cause discomfort over a 1000km journey.

I had a peculiar problem : Hit a speed breaker put up when the highway enters a village at 40 kmph. But after that i kept hearing a sound akin to pressuirsed air escaping from a cylinder. Since the windows were rolled down, i thought this sound was from the lorry ahead. But this kept repeating and only after some distance i realised the sound was from the rear of my car. Only 2 options came to my mind 1) Puncture of my tubeless tyres or 2) Gas filled shock absorber gone kaput. Checked the tyres for air pressure at villipuram - all normal. Took the car after a coffee break and did not have any sound.

Just don't understand what the sound was about. Have spoken to the service guys at India Garage and taking it there tomorrow. Will update the same.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:52   #24
BHPian

good review...... kindly keep updating with after sales service, cost of spares and quality of the vehicle.
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:11   #25

How is the service at india garage

How is the service at india garage. I got my DLS service in sireesh auto on hosur road and it was so so. Probably I will get my next service at india garage. when I called india garage they said they dont service logons in their whitfield service center which is near to where I live.
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastradhar View Post
How is the service at india garage. I got my DLS service in sireesh auto on hosur road and it was so so. Probably I will get my next service at india garage. when I called india garage they said they dont service logons in their whitfield service center which is near to where I live.
Pugram hasn't yet taken his car to the service centre. Tomorrow will be his maiden visit to india garage.
Old 6th August 2007, 11:04   #27

hey guys, i would like to cut into the topic too... as you guys say the Logan is a pretty decent car for a decent price and i totally agree to it. The shape is nothing new compared to the other indian models like fiesta,etc etc but personally i would rather go for the comfort inside than the shape; and the logan offers comfort which is a big factor for some people like me.

Believe me if a few of my friends can fit into the Logan then i think i can take an Elephant for a ride too. People have started to realise that comfort plays an imp role in mumbai because of the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
and you!

nice mileage. 4 in the rear! wow! I would be happy if for theMag sized person(?) can sit in the rear.
4 normal sized persons can fit in the rear but when it comes to 4 mag sized persons i wouldn`t b so sure if that is possible in any car haha...but 3 mag sized persons can surely sit in comfort which is not possible in most of the cars...

The maintainence is not such a pain for logan. The last time i had given my bro's car for servicing they gave me a refill of 1000 bucks worth of fuel... i cant recollect anyone else doing that.

by the way, did any of you hear about this... "Logan has bagged the highest sales in the last 2 months" that means its selling more than Honda City...surprising isn't it?

Last edited by Zappo : 6th August 2007 at 12:58. Reason: Do not break a single post into parts unnecessarily. All the 4 posts were contiguous ones posted in a minute of each other.
Old 6th August 2007, 22:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastradhar View Post
India Garage - in chennai, has a brand new service centre for Logan's at Velachery. They have one at the Guindy Industrial Estate.
Old 9th August 2007, 07:10   #29
BHPian

@pugram...as you may know by now..there are many waiting for your updates...do share your service experiwnce...also put in the city FE under normal dirivng conditions...

This thread will definitely make a few to wait for some more time to get their new car...I have decided to wait....
Mr Ghosn cant go completely wrong...
Old 9th August 2007, 07:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
@pugram...as you may know by now..there are many waiting for your updates...do share your service experiwnce...also put in the city FE under normal dirivng conditions...

This thread will definitely make a few to wait for some more time to get their new car...I have decided to wait....
Mr Ghosn cant go completely wrong...
Thats a great responsibility thrust on me

Its not even a month since i got my Logan. The first service is at 10000kms or 2 months which ever is earlier.

The fuel tank capacity is 50litres and with my city driving being very minimalistic the fuel indicator has not dropped by even a point (The digital indicator has 9 bars for a full tank and has remained so for 200kms approx). This weekend have another trip, so, hopefully should be getting some rough figures.

I will definitely keep updating this thread with what ever info i have.

Presently car is with India garage to paint the scratches on the door (noted and promised to be painted at the time of delivery). Am getting the car today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks