Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:04   #76

I am joining logan bandwagan! I bought 1.6 GLS day before yesterday. Car really makes sence and is a good buy!
Old 25th October 2007, 11:39   #77

I've been out looking for my next car, and Logan is on top of my list: obvious reasons--the budget, and mostly becos the 'family' likes it. The Xeta was on top of the list, but it's now in 2nd place. I decided to cross out all Chevrolet models (including Spark)--bad pricing.

The Logan feels very good to drive, and despite the size the turning is excellent. The ergonomics suck--and so do the looks--but I can live with that. This thread has been most encouraging (thanks pugram) and so it's Logan for me. :-)

Regarding the US market, the demands are very different, so it wouldn't be fair to judge by that. People travel by road in a lot in places like USA and Australia, and so cars with bigger engines and more space are top priority. And another thing: the Sonata was also a flop because it tried to copy the magic of Jag. Wannabes always fail, especially in markets like USA.
Old 27th October 2007, 20:17   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigen View Post
This thread has been most encouraging (thanks pugram) and so it's Logan for me. :-)
unigen / batmobile - I am glad this thread has been of some help to you.

Personally, i feel the engine and ride quality are the first things that impress you in a Logan and the rest follow.

Cheers and happy driving
Old 9th November 2007, 20:03   #79
BHPian

ICE @ 4700 kms

Anybody heard of Philips speakers on the forum. Actually i have installed them in my Car.

Head unit - Pioneer 4950

Front speakers - Philips Components 6.5" 2 way 260 Watts Model ASC06

Rear speakers - Philips 6X9 4 way 400 Watts speakers Model AS6904

The above setup sounds fine in my car.

Costs as below

HU - 4800
Components - 4500
Rear 6X9 - 2800

I was on a very tight budget and my ICE dealer (Sandhya Car stereos & accessories, chennai) suggested me to go with Philips. He gave me a demo with the same in his Innova which sounded quite good. And in my car this sounds even better.

I think i have made peace with myself in terms of budget and the quality of music delivered.

I have not taken any photos of the setup. I hope to upload some this weekend
Old 12th November 2007, 15:45   #80
BHPian

going to receive the delivery of my new logan 1.5DLS today evening(white) shall update later with pics(with my new nikon coolpix p5100)
Old 15th November 2007, 18:47   #81
BHPian

Congratulations !!!!

The Logan family is on the increase in the forum

And I can see all variants of Logan in chennai. The car is now a familiar sight here.
Old 21st November 2007, 18:35   #82
WYN

Logan Parts Price - Nice Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
The Bill says Painting and labour = 11000 plus taxes

The Dent removal and painting was at 2 places. The panel above the left wheel and the front left door. The breakup is something like 6000 for the front panel and 5000 for the door(since the dent was minimal, i guess)
Hi Guys..
I am allwyn from Goa! Kinda new on Team-bhp.
Your review is nice 'pugram' - very rarely members take the pains to put up so much stuff with enthusiasm! Keep it up!

Pug - I am only quoting your post for reference only! Its for all...

To what I know, one of the biggest points on which the LOGAN concept is based on is that the car has been developed to be easy on the pocket in terms of aftersales etc. Mahindra Renault also vouch on it. They have also put it up on their website.

Though many may have come across this link, I thought it might be still very interesting for other members! It really throws up some light on the stuff to consider...

(Mahindra Renault Logan) Welcome to Logan

Dont know how to make it appear on the post itself.
Hope you like it guys! It just might be bit uselful...

The sad part is sometimes dealers end up making money!

I am also considering the LOGAN 1.6 GLS...
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:45   #83
WYN

PARTS PRICE COMPARISON of LOGAN Petrol / Diesel

Same as above -

The below link is the PARTS PRICE COMPARISON of LOGAN Petrol / Diesel against competitors. Its a comparison of Service & Maintenance Items and ACCIDENT REPAIR ITEMS and has a comparison as to which competitor is MORE EXPENSIVE (IN %).

"http://www.mahindrarenault.com/logan/logan-partsprice.html"

LOGAN Petrol
Fiesta Petrol
Honda City
Maruti SX4
Hyundai Verna
Swift Petrol
Getz Petrol

Logan Diesel
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai Verna CRDI
Indigo Diesel
Indigo Dicor Diesel
Swift Diesel

[ The Parts PRICE Comparison Link ]
http://www.mahindrarenault.com/logan...artsprice.html
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:44   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYN View Post
The below link is the PARTS PRICE COMPARISON of LOGAN Petrol / Diesel against competitors. Its a comparison of Service & Maintenance Items and ACCIDENT REPAIR ITEMS and has a comparison as to which competitor is MORE EXPENSIVE (IN %)
This has been added very recently to the site and is located at a page for owners, whereas this should have been in the first page(IMHO though) for people to compare. Others would have made this a good compare spec for their product.

This page is buried deep and only a logan owner will access this page

No major runs on the Highway for quite sometime. Somehow i am unable to check the city mileage, reason: very little running in city. So no updates, as of now, but for minor squeaks
Old 18th December 2007, 10:57   #85
BHPian

6000 kms and mileage update

Hi all - I had a nice trip down south as below

Chennai->Tindivanam->Panruti->Vadalur->Sethiathope->Srimushnam (Lord Bhuvarahaswamy temple visit)->Karuveppilaikurichi->Ramanatham(Thozuthur)->Srirangam on Saturday

Very bad roads starting from the diversion before Villipuram, until Srimushnam, but Srimushnam to Srirangam was very decent

Srirangam->Kulitalai->Chintalavadi (Kula Devatha Temple Visit, the purpose of this trip)->Kulitalai->Musiri->Trichy Tollgate (Samayapuram)->Chennai

Good roads till Samayapuram, after that too much of traffic (ayyappa season) and too much of diversions with the average speed being very very low.

Got almost 22kmpl (Full tank to Full tank for a distance of 720 kms and 33 litres of diesel) this time..80%AC and lots of 3rd and 4th gear shifts , nearing almost 6000 kms on the odometer.I had minimum of 4 adults at any point of time in the car and had maintained 30psi tyre pressure instead of the recommended 29. Also a very light right foot helped, i suppose.
Old 6th January 2008, 13:04   #86
BHPian

logan1.5dls

sorry for replying so late .Actually i kept the car only for 3 days & returned it back after doing arond 325 kms on it - dealer took it back since white dls was not available in his stock & another buyer who wanted the same color was willing to take it despite knowing that it had been used by me-actually both the dealer & the buyer are known to me. i would like to clarify that my returning the vehicle was due to > 1. needed a smaller car for the city hence bought a new alto . 2. felt dls was overpriced(6.8)-at this price they should have given the vehicle with european specs i.e.85bhp,dual airbagas,abs etc.
having said that,if one is lookig for comfort & fuel economy & is willing to compromise on looks & interiors , this is an excellent car within its limitation. later i also picked up an ohc 1.3 which had done 32thkms for 2.2-will post later on this -Pugram wish u all the best with ur logan
Old 9th January 2008, 11:15   #87

What a coincidence! I too bought an Alto. As mentioned, the Logan was on top of my list, but dopped the idea becos I wouldn't be using it too much--would just be sitting there--since I'm the only one who'd be using it in my family. Alto is my "in-between" car while I wait for the new crop coming in this year--2008--especially a new one from Honda.

And I've just read that MnM are dropping the price by over 40K for the Logan.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:50   #88
BHPian

Hi Pugram,

As you have travelled majority of the distance on bad roads during your trip, Please let all of us know about the handling capabilities of this Car. How is the suspension and ride quality.
Old 9th January 2008, 14:40   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
Hi Pugram,

As you have travelled majority of the distance on bad roads during your trip, Please let all of us know about the handling capabilities of this Car. How is the suspension and ride quality.
Ride quality is excellent while the handling is safe and predictable. No nasty surprises.
Old 4th May 2008, 10:58   #90
BHPian

15000 kms up

So the time has come for the 15000 kms update on my Logan 1.5 DLE.

The Goods:-

Since the advent of Logan, I have been hitting the highways at regular intervals and looking for the slightest excuse to take it out (of course on the highway). I would have done a max of 600kms within the city.

The mileage has been consistent, around 20kmpl based on my driving style. Got a worst of 18kmpl with the speedo doing 120 kmph steadily between Krishnagiri and Poonamallee on the GQ connecting Chennai and Bangalore. Best was 21kmpl on a Kodai trip with speeds between 80 ~ 110 kmph (My cousin was driving a very sedate speed and so the better mileage ). Again tyre pressure maintained at 30psi.

Road handling is still excellent. A good amount of Road (Tyre) noise gets into the cabin as the insulation is minimal (Budget car.. you see). AC is decent and cools quite good (Its scorching summer in most parts of the country)

Mahindra offered a 140 point free (Summer preparation) checkup for the car. The car had also gone for the 2nd service (10000 kms) during this period. There was a hissing noise from the brake booster, replaced under warranty.

The BAD:-

The car has developed a snag which baffles me.

During the last 2 trips (see summer is on and the afternoon heat is just too much on the road) after driving for 100kms and at approximately 110kmph, there was this problem that my depression of the accelerator pedal would not result in any response from the engine for a few seconds. I had to keep pumping the accelerator for a few times after which the engine would start firing. The car would just be drifting at this point of time with no response from the engine. And again if you are reaching 120kmph gradually without lifting your foot then everything is fine. But on reaching 120kmph and taking off your foot(braking or trying to slow down etc..) and accelerate this problem occurs.

I took it up with the service station (India Garage, Velachery) and they came back with a response of some problem with the flywheel sensor and that it had been rectified (3rd week of April).

After this I made a trip to pondy on 1st of May, approx 360kms both ways and there was no problem.

Yesterday, 3rd of May, I took it to Tiruvannamalai, 400kms both ways and could notice a deterioration in the engine response when reaching Tiruvannamalai from Chennai. On the return it was even worse, starting some 50kms from Tiruvannamalai itself. I again noticed this happen in all the gears when the Engine RPM was around 2400.

I have notified India Garage and asked them to fix the problem. Car should be going to the workshop tomorrow.

There are 2 other Logan DLE's with my colleagues and they have no such problems.

What could be the problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks