Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Nice write up Sathya, I think its one of the best descriptive review I have come across in Team BHP.

Hellcat
Old 4th August 2007, 13:50   #17
BHPian

great reveiw u have taken lot's of pain in writting the reveiw, 3 cheer's to Sathya
Old 4th August 2007, 15:04   #18
BHPian

Nice review.like a long term road test from the consumer which is more important than the automags road test.
Old 4th August 2007, 15:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice review.

Can you tell me if the SX4 comes with the following features:

1. Tilt AND telescopic Steering wheel.
2. Driver and passenger center arm rest.
3. Dead Pedal.

Thanks!
Old 4th August 2007, 19:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Too good a review Sathya !! Enjoy the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Maruti SX4 Zxi - 2200 Kms report
=================================

Power steering is good, of course in lower speeds it doesn't show its capability - in higher speeds it does its job very well. I just need to touch it, needn't control it with pressure.
Can you explain this in some detail. AFAIK, should it not be the opposite ? The PS should be more responsive at lower speeds ?
Old 4th August 2007, 20:13   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Too good a review Sathya !! Enjoy the ride

Can you explain this in some detail. AFAIK, should it not be the opposite ? The PS should be more responsive at lower speeds ?
As a matter of fact, the powersteering gets disabled say after 50kmph or more. PS utility is only during slow driving.

Btw, Sathya, that was one excellent and detailed review after a long time. Keep updating as you experience the car more.
Old 4th August 2007, 20:19   #22
BHPian

Thanks to all for your support!!

I request other owners to continue this with their report.
Old 4th August 2007, 20:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Great review Sathya, any idea on what was wrong with the clutch that Maruti recalled the part? also any difference you feel after the change?
Wrt to reasons for clutch replacement, there are many different reasons being conveyed by dealers:
  1. Clutch was redesigned in factory and dealer is replacing it for safety of delivered vehicles as well - my dealer told me this
  2. One of vendors who supplied clutch part to Maruti had some defective parts and hence Maruti is replacing only those sets, not all. So dealers were tracking those defective parts with chassis no. Surprisingly, my dealer told me that he is going to replace it BEFORE verifying my chassis no, he just noted down in his list of replaced vehicles.
  3. There was some defect spotted with clutch and proactively dealers are replacing it even for delivered cars.
God only knows the truth here really!!

Anyway, ride is very good after clutch replacement. Earlier it used to be little tight & rigid, now it feels lot smoother & easier to operate.
Old 4th August 2007, 20:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Nice review.

Can you tell me if the SX4 comes with the following features:

1. Tilt AND telescopic Steering wheel.
2. Driver and passenger center arm rest.
3. Dead Pedal.

Thanks!
1. It has steering wheel tilt, but can you explain what 'telescopic Steering wheel' mean?
2. Nops, I didn't see it in any cars in premium C and below (correct me if I am wrong), but saw it in upper segment cars like Optra, Civic, etc.
3. Nops, guess Verna had it, I am not sure. I rest my leg in small space available next to clutch - in fact I could keep it straight almost, it helps me relax. Not sure if dead pedal will give me this comfort.
Old 4th August 2007, 20:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
As a matter of fact, the powersteering gets disabled say after 50kmph or more. PS utility is only during slow driving.
Hmmm, this is interesting to discuss, I used to have similar discussions with my brother.

Lets us define the speed zones and then discuss about effect of EPS.

Below are my observations and understanding, please feel free to provide your inputs.

For < 10 or 15kmph, I think EPS is not in effect really or not to its full capability. I many times felt the weight in steering wheel, while taking turns while in this speed zone, I felt to apply more pressure to steering wheel. I may be wrong or I expect too much from EPS !!

For 10 or 15 kmph up to 50 or 60 kmph, I guess EPS works at its full capability, I am not sure of the exact value for these speed limits for this zone.

For > 50 or 60 kmph, I too think that EPS is disabled, One of my friends who is in servicing field also told me that EPS will be disabled at higher speeds, but he didn't tell me the limit.

So, in my review, I referred 1st & 2nd zones.

Last edited by sathya_nars : 4th August 2007 at 20:52.
Old 4th August 2007, 23:04   #26
BHPian

Very good report, specially the way you have categorised. Certainly, this will help all prospective buyers of SX4. I am also going take printout and give to my friends who are considering buying the SX4.
Old 4th August 2007, 23:55   #27
Team-BHP Support

EPS cuts off at 40 kmph usually
Old 5th August 2007, 00:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
EPS cuts off at 40 kmph usually
Exactly my point. The EPS should work, ie assist easier response, at low speeds because thats when it would help the most.
Old 5th August 2007, 15:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats was a loooooong report. Very nicely written.
Some points that came to my mind too, after reading this.

1. FE is nice for a vehicle of its size. Considering my friend with fiesta 1.4 is getting only 9, and my wagonR giving around 12-13 only.

2. Reverse gear issue is mainly because the gear is not syncromesh as the other gears. The issue is not confined to WagonR/ Swift/SX4. But is seen in other company cars as well. I found Swift/SX4 to have wonderful gearshifts.

3. Looks are subjective, but i'd anyday chose the SX4 over the NHC (though current NHC looks better that before after the facelift)

4. With respect to ICE, i dont think such features are available in after market systems as well. (play them in reverse order, jump to select track number, etc.)

Anyways, nice to see that you are very happy with the purchase. I have this feeling most of the negatives you have mentioned will get solved when you get more used to the car (Since this is your first car)
9 kmpl on a Fiesta 1.4? Surprisingly I am getting 10 to 13 on my 1.6 Fiesta, depending on traffic density and usage of AC.
If you read carefully, he drives the sx4 mostly in 5th gear at speeds of 60 to 80. In a similar situation, I guess I would get 14 to 15.
Old 5th August 2007, 20:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
9 kmpl on a Fiesta 1.4? Surprisingly I am getting 10 to 13 on my 1.6 Fiesta, depending on traffic density and usage of AC.
If you read carefully, he drives the sx4 mostly in 5th gear at speeds of 60 to 80. In a similar situation, I guess I would get 14 to 15.
Clarification: I mentioned that 5th gear at 60-80 is for considerable distance compared to regular city driver for others, still I need to pass signals/speed brakers/bumper-to-bumper traffic/etc. If I could drive @ 5th gear 60-80 most of time, I am sure that I would get above 14 for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks