Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 23:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

For me too the high seating position is the best part,you are on par with the honda crv[or atleast you feel so].

Not many cars from which you can look into the eye of a cabbie driving an MUV[tavera,etc].

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 16th August 2007 at 23:26.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:14   #92
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Loss of stability and the confidence in driving the car in general. Asking because there is a possiblity of me going in for the SX4.
In my experience, it has been quite good. The understeer and the bodyroll are present. And that's for sure. However it still does not cause concern enough to decrease confidence. With my car, at speeds around 120-140 there has been no cause for concern. Having said that, its still no Baleno/OHc-VTEC/Palio/Zen though. So its a qualitative trade off, you'll have to do when you're TDing.

A friend of mine tried to overcome this by going for a wider set of tyres and he also used Potenza GIII. However he had problems with control. I drove it and I felt it too. Since its not in my car, we figured it might be due to wheel alignment/balancing. He will be getting some wheel alignment done sometime soon and I'll update on this thread on his experiences with the new rubber. If that's better stability, then your problem is reduced further.

VBV
Old 16th August 2007, 23:34   #93
Senior - BHPian

yes..the sitting position is on the high ground and in fact, when I drive, I feel like driving my bother's scorpio. Its only when I get out of the car, did I feel the car is a sedan... the plus point being that navigating in busy traffic is easy due to high seating and coupled with big, big side mirrors, its like driving a small car.. so its a diverse feel ..

Also, I had for the first time, crossed 140 kmph early in the morning on Noida Expressway (I don't know why I did that as I had yet to get my first service done - maybe I was fascinated to throw the car a bit to its potential). The handling and grip is so good that I hardly felt I was driving at that speed.. and in fact, there was a white camry catching upon me from behind (with yellow plate) and I throttled the car just to stay ahead, but finally sense prevailed upon my mind that .. that says dude its a new car, your car and if you exceed 4K rpm, its not the camry that will lose.. its me .. After the drive, I could see various small, tiny dark dot dot in the front bumper and bonnet..and after close inspection, found out that they were small flies slammed into the car so hard (during the high speed rendezvous) that there were tiny blood stained along with dark spot... BUT the point is, the car (with high GC and height) handles far better than what I expected out of it..

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th August 2007 at 23:43.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:39   #94
BHPian

Good review VBV. Your review makes me feel happy that I too have an sx4.

Here is my experience after driving 2000 KM.

1) Yes, the "A" pillar obstructs the view while taking turns. The car designers should have corrected this. For me also the problem has developed after driving for few days after delivery now i get used to.

2) A/C is awesome. Whoever traveled in my car tells this. It just chills out doesn't matter what temperature outside and how many people inside.

3) Fabulous 16'' inch tyres. Give great look and great road grip. My friend drove my car at 130 kmph and took sudden turn. No skidding at all.

4) Yes, Looks not great from the back , but after seeing again and again it is looking good nowadays. I have placed an order for rear under body spoiler. Definitely it will make the car look more sportive. Please see this Maruti SX4 Pictures! | Charchaa.

5) topped up with Original Stanley leather seating and side door pads ( butterscotch color ) , my car looks awesome after this.

6) ICE is good , but bad speakers. I got it Installed JBL 100 watts RMS rear tray speakers and Rockford tweeters in back doors. Now it sounds like a home theater. The front speakers are still there. But I am researching to get a good 6 inch speakers with more bass effect.

7) Got it "up-modeler" installed. It takes care of closing all the mirrors after locking .
Old 16th August 2007, 23:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

The dealer just gave me a decent enough dinner set,says I won some competition,which as far as I remember did not participate in anyways who's complaining.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
I have placed an order for rear under body spoiler. Definitely it will make the car look more sportive. Please see this Maruti SX4 Pictures! | Charchaa.
Is the order placed with the Maruti dealer? How much is the spoiler going to cost? Are you putting side skirts as well? Yes, looks improve dramatically with the bumper spoilers and side skirts. The black SX4 in the TV ad looks pretty good.

Quote:
5) topped up with Original Stanley leather seating and side door pads ( butterscotch color )
How much do the Stanley leather seats cost? Pictures please!

Last edited by amit : 16th August 2007 at 23:52.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:55   #97
Senior - BHPian

hey dilSoft, is the rear skirt (spoiler) you ordered part of the SX4 Body kit from MGA or is it from somewhere else? I enquired 4-5 maruti dealers in NCR and no one has got that kit till now.. eager to know
Old 17th August 2007, 00:23   #98
BHPian

Modified comments.

Here is my TOP TEN experiences after driving 2000 KM.

1) Yes, the "A" pillar obstructs the view while taking turns. The car designers should have corrected this. For me also the problem has developed after driving for few days after delivery now i get used to.

2) Yes, A/C is awesome. Whoever traveled in my car tells this. It just chills out doesn't matter what temperature outside and how many people inside.

3) Yes, wait does matter. Fabulous 16'' inch wheels. Give great look and great road grip. My friend drove my car at 130 Kmph and took sudden turn. No skidding and no kidding at all. While driving on highways , sometimes I forgot that i was driving above 120 !!!).

Wonderful ground clearance. I came across a deep pothole suddenly and I was at high speed . My sexy-4 ( some of my friends started calling my car like that!! ) jumped into it and bumped back again. I very big "Dhub" sound heard. I thought the suspensions were broken and my car was gone. Thanks to Suzuki Engineers, no one hurt inside the cabin and nothing happened to the car.

4) Yes, there is a serious issue with EPS. The light steering may cause problems.
I was at 80 kmph on a highway, just turned my head to talk to the passenger sitting beside me for 2 secs, and realized that the my car was on the opposite lane. My God!! no vehicle was coming in the opposite direction at that point of time.

GUYS, be cautious with sx4 steering at high speeds.

5) Yes, Looks not great from the back , but after seeing again and again it is looking good nowadays. I have placed an order for rear under body spoiler. Definitely it will make the car look more sportive. Please see this Maruti SX4 Pictures! | Charchaa.

6) Topped up with Original Stanley leather seating and side door pads ( butterscotch color ) , my car looks awesome after this.

7) ICE is good , but bad speakers. I got JBL 100 watts RMS rear tray speakers and Rockford tweeters in back doors Installed. Now it sounds like a home theater. Exceptional bass effects by JBL and crystal clear "ghal ghals" by Rockford tweeters. The stock front speakers are still there. But I am researching to get a good 6 inch speakers.

8) Got the "up-modular" installed. It takes care of closing all the mirrors after locking. costs 2k but worth. Before this, many times I forgot to scroll up one of the windows. Good God!! I did not loose my ipod and CD vallette.

9) Yes, I too scratched left door and read bumper. I am still thinking it as my old zen. Reverse gear is quite tough. I think a rear camera is a MUST.

10) FE :(( still confusing. Gives 9 to 10 in horrible Hyd traffic with always AC on and 12 on highways with 4 people. Both figures with AC on. if it stabilizes at 10 , then I will be happy.

Sorry friends, but I could not observe any body roll. Can some please explain how it looks/feels like .
Old 17th August 2007, 07:19   #99
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Modified comments.
4) Yes, there is a serious issue with EPS. The light steering may cause problems.
I was at 80 kmph on a highway, just turned my head to talk to the passenger sitting beside me for 2 secs, and realized that the my car was on the opposite lane. My God!! no vehicle was coming in the opposite direction at that point of time.

GUYS, be cautious with sx4 steering at high speeds.

8) Got the "up-modular" installed. It takes care of closing all the mirrors after locking. costs 2k but worth. Before this, many times I forgot to scroll up one of the windows. Good God!! I did not loose my ipod and CD vallette.

Sorry friends, but I could not observe any body roll. Can some please explain how it looks/feels like .

Coupe of comments, dilsoft:

1. EPS has to cut off after 40-60. Please check again and if the problem of sensitivity at high speeds exist, complain to the service person. In my SX4, it cuts off after 40-60 and it almost behaves like a Zen w/o power steering.

2. Was the up-modular a MGA? How much did it cost? More details, please :-)

From wikipedia, Bodyroll is: Body roll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMHO, its not only during sharp turns, but also during smaller turns at higher speeds, when the center of gravity is higher, the vehicle will not be perpendicular to the ground due to higher centrifugal force. It indicates stability. The antiroll bar in SX4 is probably helping all us keep our tyres on ground.
Old 17th August 2007, 08:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Coupe of comments, dilsoft:

1. EPS has to cut off after 40-60. Please check again and if the problem of sensitivity at high speeds exist, complain to the service person. In my SX4, it cuts off after 40-60 and it almost behaves like a Zen w/o power steering.

2. Was the up-modular a MGA? How much did it cost? More details, please :-)

From wikipedia, Bodyroll is: Body roll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IMHO, its not only during sharp turns, but also during smaller turns at higher speeds, when the center of gravity is higher, the vehicle will not be perpendicular to the ground due to higher centrifugal force. It indicates stability. The antiroll bar in SX4 is probably helping all us keep our tyres on ground.
1) Same problem here too. I inquired from 2 dealers but the spoilers are not in stock. One dealer said that he will get it in 15 days for sure. placed ordered for MGA only.
2) Up-Modular is not from MGA. He gave one year warrenty.

I need to complain about my EPS problem in the next service ,until then no highway driving :(
Old 17th August 2007, 12:30   #101
BHPian

Guys, Gave my car for first service in the morning. They gave an estimate of 1450/- for oil change and oil filter change(only consumables). Looks very very high to me. He stated that the oil prices have increased drastically in the last week. Can anyone of you please confirm this by speaking to your dealer/service company? I get the feeling that Bimal guys are trying to cheat me.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:51   #102
BHPian

I was mentioning for SX4 Zxi only. Llumar Air 75 was 6800 and PP50 was 4800.

Quote:
Nssrini, what is your car make ? How much they charged you for the film ? pls let me know.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:58   #103
BHPian

VBV, Dilsoft - Nice to hear your comments and opinions...

By the way - I completed my first full tank to full tank fuel consumption check - and got around 11.5 to 12 FE (with AC on about 75% of the time & 2psi more than recommended air pressure)
Old 17th August 2007, 14:45   #104
BHPian

That's too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Guys, Gave my car for first service in the morning. They gave an estimate of 1450/- for oil change and oil filter change(only consumables). Looks very very high to me. He stated that the oil prices have increased drastically in the last week. Can anyone of you please confirm this by speaking to your dealer/service company? I get the feeling that Bimal guys are trying to cheat me.
Yes if that is only for oil change and filter change then its too much. That fellow is cheating. My SX4 zxi was serviced on 30th July ( 1st service) and it cost Rs 800/850 (I remember that guy returned me 150/200 from 1k)
Old 17th August 2007, 19:26   #105
BHPian

For me also, it costed ~850 Rs. Enquire some other dealer and give it to them for service.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks