Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Sorry guys its not right its the left side(passenger)
Old 1st September 2007, 10:34   #17
pankaj_aheer

[COLOR=black]Dear Shebin , It's very sad to hear about an accident. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
I have gone through your review and experience. Planning to buy Verna Crdi or Fiesta Tdci or Tata Indigo Dicor . Confused which vehicle to be purchased . Gone through lot's of reviews and find Ford having *** problem + high maintenance cost. Tata is also in the same boat except maintenance.

Ford Sales person are now saying that they are changing their attitude and spare cost is also decreased and I have read some where in the newspaper.

Therefore I am totally confused !! Can U please help me to get rid of this

Old 1st September 2007, 10:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

Pankaj first go for long test drives, then get confused and post here.

Or, i love Ford, Tata, Hyundai and Fiat club will take over here.
Old 1st September 2007, 15:21   #19
BHPian

Shebin, that's a nice review you've written there. I agree about the floating feel at high speeds.

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your accident. Don't worry, Insurance will claim 100% of the cost provided its less than 6 months of purchase (I read this somewhere on Team-BHP, I'm not sure if I'm correct). 45k is a lot for the doors. Phew.

Keep us updated. We hope you get your car back good as new.

cya
A
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:12   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Don't worry, Insurance will claim 100% of the cost provided its less than 6 months of purchase (I read this somewhere on Team-BHP, I'm not sure if I'm correct).
Absar, you may have possibly read it on my thread, but nevertheless, let mr clarify based upon what i know.

For metallic parts, if the car is less than 6 months old, you will get 100% from insurance. Over 6 months, with 5% depreciation on metallic parts, 95% is what you get.
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:03   #21
BHPian

Absar,

I need to pay for the beeding on the door and the door handles,around 4k approx,anyway i got the vehicle back in mint condition,reliance insurance was good to deal with.i have changed my indigo reliance insurance,seems to be hassle free.

Pankaj,

Verna is an a good car but personally i feel slightly overpriced.Mileage and power is awesome but stability above 130+ is not that great.but if you improve the footwear of the vehicle its quite manageable.Bad roads is not an issue for this car as it has good GC. Mileage 14-22 with ac. Spacious also.But i would reccomend it over ford anytime and indigo is totally a different story (VFM).Anyway pls go for ABS verna only.But somehow i like this car the more i use it.

Guys i heard that there is korean aftermarket fitment(related to suspension) that improves vernas stability,not sure whether available in india.If some one knows abt anything like that pls let me know. want to do 150+ in this beast without rocking
Old 4th September 2007, 00:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
. 45k is a lot for the doors. Phew.
This should include some repair/replacement work of Quater panel or the running board too.

Shebin, please let us know the details of your repair work.
Old 4th September 2007, 14:42   #23
BHPian

Kpzen,

The repairs included replacement of two doors and some part of running board.sorry i don have the papers with me right now so that i can give you the exact details.But it think doors for verna is quite costly and took 2-3 weeks for delivery.Door handles were also charged 50% as they are fiber made.

This what i was talking about in my previous post.

Strut Bar (KM)
Lightweight strut bar that helps improve the Verna's body rigidity. Steel brackets with aluminium bar. Reduces body flex during cornering for better stability. Made in Korea.

can someone shed more light?
Old 5th September 2007, 14:09   #24
pankaj_aheer

Thanks Shebin,

Your recomendation help's me a lot .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks