Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 19:13   #31
BHPian

Hey VC12! Its too early to send them a mail.

Yesterday I checked the air pressures in the tyres and they were varying from 30-45. Its around 28-29 now. It seems good now. At some times, the suspension creak is heard. I still have 4/4 tank. Ill wait for the tank to come down to 1/4 and then I'll give it once more for service maybe or else wait for the 25,000 km mark and go for suspension shock absorber overhaul.

Today I did 50 km of city driving with full a/c and I got a FE of 10-11.5 according to SG.

I'll wait for the tank to get over and then find the mileage acquired in the first tank after service.

cya
A
Old 25th September 2007, 20:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
When I began to take away the car, in Ford itself, speedbreakers were there, and I could still hear the creaking sound from the steering wheel. Arrrgh! He did say they couldn't find out the sound but he had lubricated the steering shaft!! How can they not hear it when I hear it so clearly and its irritating!
cya
A
Grrrrhhh....I have been thru this pain before. Now I realize its futile think this as a specific problem with Ford. Its the demographic profie of the people taking care of our cars.

You would be better off shooting e-mail(s) to Ford India. I have done those on multiple instances and now the workshop folks have assigned a particular point-of-contact for my car. So that even when I am away My Dad takes the car to him. Surprisingly, touchwood, my car hasn't created any trouble for him.

Now, before you take the car with a specific problem, take the mechanic along and let him experience the problem. If it is a rattle take it thru a pothole that will cause a particular rattle. I know, it needs prior work to identify a particular sound and its usual characteristics, but thats the fun part.

Make sure the mechanic/service person knows while you are giving the car, after providing a demonstration, that you will evaluate the characteristic before taking delivery. It works.

My car does not deliver any unwanted noises and in 43k it has done, is absolutely tight. I will give credit to that to my mechanic and the brilliant optimum engineering by Ford. It does not weigh like a tank but still has its rigidity.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
You would be better off shooting e-mail(s) to Ford India. I have done those on multiple instances and now the workshop folks have assigned a particular point-of-contact for my car. So that even when I am away My Dad takes the car to him. Surprisingly, touchwood, my car hasn't created any trouble for him..
Quite true. Get acquainted with some guy at the service center, and as far as possible, make sure he is the one dealing with your car. Helps a lot, i feel. I do the same.

Quote:
I will give credit to that to my mechanic and the brilliant optimum engineering by Ford. It does not weigh like a tank but still has its rigidity.
I have to agree.
Old 26th September 2007, 18:48   #34
BHPian

Hi All,

My suggestion is use the Customer service at Ford India well to tame the local service folks, This will work well.

Take my word the dealer would take this point with priority.

However, Absar, you still wait and do this.

As Benny said its good to have a good person known at workshop.

Cheers!!!
Old 27th September 2007, 14:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Grrrrhhh....I have been thru this pain before.

You would be better off shooting e-mail(s) to Ford India. I have done those on multiple instances and now the workshop folks have assigned a particular point-of-contact for my car. So that even when I am away My Dad takes the car to him. Surprisingly, touchwood, my car hasn't created any trouble for him.

Now, before you take the car with a specific problem, take the mechanic along and let him experience the problem. If it is a rattle take it thru a pothole that will cause a particular rattle. I know, it needs prior work to identify a particular sound and its usual characteristics, but thats the fun part.

Make sure the mechanic/service person knows while you are giving the car, after providing a demonstration, that you will evaluate the characteristic before taking delivery. It works.

My car does not deliver any unwanted noises and in 43k it has done, is absolutely tight. I will give credit to that to my mechanic and the brilliant optimum engineering by Ford. It does not weigh like a tank but still has its rigidity.
Oh even you've faced these problems.. I'm kind of envying you because you got the problem solved.. I'm also so eager to make this car touchwood! My god.. 43k km and no unwanted noises.. That's so cool! I'm so sure and positive that the shock absorbers are weak and require an overhaul. Even my papa confirmed it, but the Ford people don't! I'll have to force them I guess. I have no idea when I'll give the car for this pending action. Cause its been going on the highway a lot these days.

I agree about the part, that a particular rattle will come, and its very easy to reproduce it actually! But the suspension noise, it comes only if the car is parked for like 3 or 4 hours and then moved after a few speedbreakers or variations it goes away, but the creaking sound remains if the steering wheel is turned no matter how light turn it is..

Somehow I'm finding myself speechless. I don't know what to say now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Hi All,

My suggestion is use the Customer service at Ford India well to tame the local service folks, This will work well.

Take my word the dealer would take this point with priority.

However, Absar, you still wait and do this.

As Benny said its good to have a good person known at workshop.

Cheers!!!
I guess I'll try to find a good person there at Ford. It would take time though. I know the supervisor there.

cya
A
Old 28th September 2007, 02:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
43k km and no unwanted noises.. That's so cool! I'm so sure and positive that the shock absorbers are weak and require an overhaul. A
The Front shockers on my car has been changed twice. Once at 25k when there was a rattle from it. Second time at 37k as I had busted one on a highway trip as the car fell into a pothole that came fast at me. (They should put speed limits to how fast potholes come to you!). I generally change tyres and shocks in pairs.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:06   #37
BHPian

Absar,

Could you through soem light on what exactly is teh a/c divert problem , how can one check that?

Thanks
Old 1st October 2007, 16:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Absar,

Could you through soem light on what exactly is teh a/c divert problem , how can one check that?

Thanks
It's the "water diverter valve". It has been answered earlier. The quote is below! However there is no way I know to detect this problem in advance if it should happen. It continiously blows out hot air even if the compressor is off or on. That's all I can say!
Quote:
The water diverter valve problem happens when the a/c suddenly blows out real hot air, even if compressor is on. This happens when the water diverter valve has malfunctioned or failed.

There's a thread on this..
Ford Ikon: A/c Water Diverter Valve problem

cya
A
Thanks
cya
A
Old 1st October 2007, 17:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
However your car seems to be pinging. Do they do throttle body cleaning at service? Once they do so use IFTEX System G.
Hey 1100D! Just this question. How do you manage to fill in System G in the Ikon?? The nozzle of the System G DOESN'T get in properly and the flap isn't properly open to pour in the System G.. This is frustrating!

I mean, I try to pour System G, but then it doesnt get through the flap properly, either the wide body of the bottle stops it or some other part of the car stops it from going further!!!!!

Give me some hints on this

Thanks
A
Old 18th January 2008, 22:41   #40
BHPian

Hello there! The car has crossed 28,000 km. SGII is very helpful in this car! However a few problems have arised now. I need help on this.

Earlier I said, the low beam used to fade now and then and I was suggested to do throttle body cleaning,but I wasn't able to do it.

Now, eventually like in December end,the low beam stopped working. So I'm using the highbeam (100w) for all the night driving full time. After a period like 2 weeks, the reverse lights stopped working too (BOTH sides),and today I came to notice that the rear LH brake light isn't working. Indicator is alive though.

I've checked the fuses. All are alive. Why is all of these happening one by one. I don't know which bulb is going to fail next? Why is this strange electrical problem happening?

EDIT: Also I've started having problems with my brakes! In December in one highway drive, while I was doing 140-150 and braking to 60-70 for waiting for lorries/buses to overtake others, I faced a loud screech noise from the front brakes. A metallic screech or similar. It doesn't happen in the city. Few days back on the highway, again while braking from high speed to low speed I faced this same issue, happened thrice,the same day I guess it happens only if I brake for a long time and medium to hard braking.

Any help here?

cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 18th January 2008 at 22:55.
Old 10th February 2008, 12:04   #41
BHPian

The car went for service at 28,300 for the 30,000 km service! I gave a list of complaints to the Service Advisor:

- 30,000 km service
- Check front discs and brake pads
- Engine jerking
- Starter dies few times
- Low beam not functional
- Reverse Light not functional
- Rear RHS brake light not functional
- Accelerator cable to be lubricated
- Fuel smell coming in cabin once crossing 3,500 rpm on highways.
- Steering wheel cross to be checked
- Silencer rattling in the center of the car.

With these list of to-dos, I left the car with them. On the first day when I left the car with them, they did not do anything with the car since they were already overflowing with cars.

The work started on the 2nd day and ended on the 3rd day. I got the car back on the 3rd day night.

The action done on the car was,
- 30,000 km service done.
- The front discs and brake pads were cleaned, was told they have a 5,000-10,000 km life left in them.
- The sparkplugs were cleaned, that was the cause of the jerking.
- Starter motor fault found, so lubricated.
- Wiring for low beam damaged (don't know how), so replaced.
- Rear brake light / reverse light bulbs fixed.
- Accelerator cable lubricated and adjusted.
- Fuel cannister pipe replaced, the reason for the fuel smell coming in the cabin at high speeds
- Silencer pipe rattling fault found and fixed.

The service bill came up to 3,984.
So after two days of usage, I noticed,
- Brakes better now, no screeching sounds.
- Starting the engine seems better now. Even in morning it doesn't go to 1,500 rpm and stay there and slowly come down to 1,100. It now starts to 1,100 and comes down to 900-1,000.
- Low beam functional now. But out of focus.
- Reverse light functional, no issues.
- Accelerator cable sometimes smooth like how it has to be, sometimes feeling rusty. But the difference is, before giving for service, a slight touch used to show 1 on the TPS. Now, it goes to 3-4 on the TPS. Doesn't seem faster with the higher reading in TPS.
- Fuel smell, untested, will check on highway only.
- Silencer rattling fixed, but now a new rattling problem arised, a louder rattling noise comes from the engine bay, near the clutch, brake and accel pedal, you can feel the rattling a lot on the pedals.
- Wheels were rotated. FL gone to RR and FR gone to RL.
- Don't know if the rotation is the cause for a new problem, whenever the car is moving, a tick tick tick noise is heard from the front, feels if its from the tyres. But I researched on this while driving. If i'm at 30-40 in 3rd gear it can be heard clearly. When I press the clutch at the same speed, the sound goes away. My thought is, the valves?? Predetonation? Ignition timing?
- When the car is moving without pressing the accelerator, once u press the accelerator slightly to medium to move little faster, the car slows down, the rpm drops and then only accelerates.

I need help for the new problems now!

cya
A
Old 10th February 2008, 16:15   #42
BHPian

A small change to the above post about the tick tick tick noise.

It doesn't seem to be from the engine. Not the valves atleast. I was driving down a inclined surface today in neutral, and the tick tick tick noise was there. Increased tick noises as speed goes up. Has to be some issue with the wheels?

Jaggu, 1100D, anyone? This thread seems to have got deserted.

cya
A
Old 21st February 2008, 03:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for checking this late.

What is TPS, (Throttle position sensor? How did you measure it?). As far as the accelerator cable lubrication is concerned, your car will display the same pull before and after the job, as the Throttle position is still the same.

Regarding the rattle near the pedals, does it happen encountering a pothole? Get your your dashboard internals checked, I had once a problem with the fuse box being left hanging by Ford service people.

Did you get the throttle body cleaning done? Moreover on sudden opening of the throttle, the car pulls in air from the airbox just downstream of the air filter, check for any clogs.

Last edited by 1100D : 21st February 2008 at 04:02.
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:20   #44
BHPian

Hello, glad eventually someone replied. My trip computer shows the TPS reading. Confusing about the TPS part though. I managed to get the reading of 1 on TPS the other day but the RPM didn't raise (it was in neutral). Before 1 on the TPS used to increase the RPM to about 1,100.

Regarding the rattling, its not just restricted to potholes. Even if im in 2nd gear and below 1,000 rpm and when the car shudders, the rattling is heard. Haven't checked under the dash. Maybe should have a look tomorrow.

Throttle body cleaning was done according to the service advisor, but wasn't billed for it. Air filter was changed during service so air filter clog shouldn't be a reason. Will have it opened and checked during the later week if possible.

cya
A
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Fuel cannister pipe replaced, the reason for the fuel smell coming in the cabin at high speeds.

I have a similar problem. But this happened very rarely. Thanks to you, i now know what the problem is. Will go ahead and get it changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks