Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 10:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indigo Dicor: Car refuses to start after the 50K service.

Vikram, I too feel that they've messed up the timing; either take it up aggressively with them or get a second opinion from another workshop as SS-T has suggested. By the way, does TML also have the Diagnostics tool for the Indigo (as they do for the Safari)? If so, have them check it out.

Don't wait too long....may result in more (and major) issues
Old 28th July 2011, 10:44   #137
mgh
BHPian

Re: Indigo Dicor: Car refuses to start after the 50K service.

just check diesel filter, if you haven't done so already. also check for air lock in diesel system.
Old 28th July 2011, 19:04   #138
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. EDIT: Now completed 80,000 kms

Another entire day and the TASS people are still sticking to their point that its the injectors that need replacing and that it had nothing to do with the Timing Belt change and the other works done by them. But the question is can injectors go bad without any indication? The car was absolutely fine before the timing belt change and all problems cropped up later the very next morning. TATA workshop guys say that a bad timing will not damage the injectors, is it true? Am showing it to TVS LUcas guys tomorrow here at Manimajra and take their opinion. TATA workshop manager says that if the timing belt had not been mounted correctly then there would have been even more damage to the engine and the fact that the engine once started is running ok proves that there is nothing wrong with the engine. I ask him how can he be sure that there is no other damage to the engine except the injectors and is he willing to gurrantee that there is no such other damage but he says he can not gurrantee without opening the engine.
But he still refuses to admit that the work carried out caused the damage to the injectors but admits that when the car came for service the injectors had no issue at all. Help guys, especially the technical ones, can they shed some light on this?
Old 29th July 2011, 12:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Guys please help. Whether bad timing belt job damage the injectors? If yes then what effect will replacing the injectors (approx cost is about 45K) have on future running and reliability of the engine?
Old 30th July 2011, 16:40   #140
Senior - BHPian

Title edit: Mods could you please edit the title to: Tata Indigo Marina Dicor, the car wont start after the 50000 km service.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:25   #141
Senior - BHPian

ok despite requests the mods have not deemed it fit to edit the title, anyway to each his own.
The update is that the car was checked with the diagnostic tool and they have asked that the following be changed:_
1. All 4 injectors @ 10,500 each.
2. Sedimentor
3. Diesel filter.
4. Small pipes leading from the rail into the injectors.

Another guy here has suggested that he can repair the injectors and they can be used again, while another guy has suggested to contact TVS guys on the side and they can make available the injectors at roughly half the cost. If I go by the TATA estimate the total cost estimate is about 55,000 Rs. On the side the TVS guy can get it done for about 27000 to 30000, while the repair estimate is about 10,000 INR.

My question is, has anyone got the injectors repaired/replaced on the DICOR, if yes whats the verdict?
Old 5th August 2011, 10:45   #142
Senior - BHPian

My friend's indigo Dicor is on its third set of injectors in 1,00,000 km. The first replacement was at around 40,000 km under warranty. He paid for the second set. I will ask him how and why he went through all of that.

P.S. He's bought a Manza QJD now!
Old 8th August 2011, 11:45   #143
Senior - BHPian

@architect: Any update bro? How long did the second set last?
Anyway I have got the injectors, sedimentor, diesel filter and the fuel pipes into the injectors changed. The car is back to normal. They have further advised me to get the tank cleaned though asap, which I will get done this Saturday.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:56   #144
Senior - BHPian

The front left side fog lamp has accumulated water it seems. Would it be possible to take out the fog, remove the glass cover, clean it up and then seal it back again? Any one done that before?
Old 11th August 2011, 23:03   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@architect: Any update bro? How long did the second set last?
Anyway I have got the injectors, sedimentor, diesel filter and the fuel pipes into the injectors changed. The car is back to normal. They have further advised me to get the tank cleaned though asap, which I will get done this Saturday.
Nice to know that. Where did you finally get the injectors from? TVS guys or TASC itself? How much was the cost involved and did they tell any particular reason for injector failure?
Old 12th August 2011, 18:59   #146
Senior - BHPian

They have blamed poor quality diesel therefore, am getting the tank cleaned. The injectors were sourced from TVS guys and replaced by their technician himself. Total cost was 30,000 as against the TASS estimate of 55000. TASS cost of injectors is 10,500 each while the TVS guys made them available on the side for 5800 each.
Old 28th August 2011, 20:18   #147
Senior - BHPian

Today on a lazy sunday morning, had a close brush with a red i20. I had a morning meeting with a senior officer in Sec 39 Chandigarh. Was driving sedately(~70kmph) when suddenly a red i20 being driven at a very high speed appeared from a minor road from the left side. The approach was about 7 oclock and I could just catch a blot of red in my peripheral vision. Slammed the brakes. The tires did not lock but screeched like crazy and the only way I could avert the crash was the reason that there was a break in the divider and I could nudge my car into it to avoid the contact. The i20 didnot even break but continued his high speed turn onto the main road and drove off with the same accelerated pace. Thought about chasing and making him stop but then gave up as it was probably fruitless and maybe he was in some tearing hurry.
Anyway the point here was that I was mighty impressed by the continental tires and their behavior. They behaved in an amazing manner, never loosing grip and not locking up even when slammed. They had enough grip and stability to enable me to nudge the nose into the divider gap and then pull out of it smoothly. I dont know when would people learn how to approach a main road from an angle out of a minor side road!!
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:11   #148
Senior - BHPian

The matter regarding fouling of injectors during the 50K service was taken up with TATA about 20 days back. Since then they have been initially very proactive but sort of went silent thereafter. Sent them a mail again stating that if they donot adequately respond I shall be forced to take up the matter both on the internet here at tbhp and also the consumer forum.
Meanwhile, went for a longish drive to Amritsar, Dalhousie, Khajjiar and Chamba. Total 4 adults and 4 kids. The roads were good to bad to no roads but once again the car performed extremely well and delivered. A couple of pictures of the car on its way back near Dalhousie. The car was covered with dust and looked the way I like my wheels after a longish trip into the wilderness.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc05390.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc05392.jpg  

Old 25th November 2011, 10:58   #149
Senior - BHPian

The TATAS are also now saying that the injectors were not fouled by their workshop. Am in two minds whether to move consumer court or not. Still thinking. Anyway the car has seen a lot of action in the past couple of months.Will be writing a travellogue a very short one it but he long and short of it is that this car accomplished one of the most grueling road journeys not in the terms of kms but the road conditions. The roads ranged between horrible to "no roads"on a high cliffed mountain road at about 8000 ft. I am HAPPY.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:29   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Flag your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
ok despite requests the mods have not deemed it fit to edit the title, anyway to each his own.
@Wanderernomad, next time you want the title of the thread to be edited, pls flag your latest post and provide the new, desired title. (use the icon with the red border & exclaimation mark, at the bottom left corner of each post)

I noticed you had requested an edit, but the request was inside a post. Mods do not read all posts on the Forum, and it is easy to miss requests that are inside regular posts. But flagging a post will ensure that the mods see your message (they will read all flagged posts and related messages)

Last edited by condor : 25th November 2011 at 11:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks