Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

@condor : thanks for the info. The user manuals are for tdi engine and not for Dicor. Specs are not required. Am looking for the service intervals for DICOR plus the engine details and recomendations which are not available in the TDI manual.
Old 3rd April 2008, 06:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

@wanderernomad, I was hoping the same manual has info on both the DICOR & the TDi models. Looks like it is not. Typically, they have a single manual for NA & TCIC/TDi models, but appropriate distinctions are made.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle has been performing well and no issues what so ever. However I have noticed a slight dip in FE. For the last 5 tankfuls or so it is returning around 14.5--15 only. Is it because my runing stretches are very small nowdays? Drive only around 1 km at a stretch from home to office most of the time.
The changes and mods done so far :-
Aircon vents added to the rear and the glove box turned into a chiller.
One tyre replaced at Cost Rs 3200 after the sidewall got damaged after hitting a stone.
FOC Coolant put in after the service guys left the lock unsecured in the coolant top up container and it got drained off.
Future mods:-
1. adding headlight washers.
2. adding cup holders up front.
3. get the wooden facia trim.
4. if possible a two tone dash.
5. plastic engine cover inside the hood as in the new dicors coming in. (TASS is quoting Rs750 for it)
6. adding footboards to the side a la adventure.

The car will be going for a long run covering around 1000 kms next weekend and will detail the FE on highways and hills then.
Problems being faced right now:-
Practically none however the driver side window doesnot roll in the channel properly if the vehicle is on an incline.Will get it rectified soon.
The check engine light had come on twice about 15 days back and when i took it to the TASS they hooked it up to a laptop and found nothing wrong. But why did it come on in the first place?

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2009 at 18:25. Reason: Please use the REPORT POST button to request title changes etc.
Old 5th August 2008, 18:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Drive only around 1 km at a stretch from home to office most of the time.

Personal experience. Worst FE with short multiple trips in town / city.

Your highway trip will give you good mileage.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

Just returned from a long trip and here are the updates:-

I choose to leave on 14th Aug in the middle of a heavy downpour in Delhi. Left my residence at 1430 hours neear to Karol Bagh and reached the Karnal Road turnoff at 1830 hrs and finally left the Delhi Border at Kundli at 2030 hours. That would give you an idea of what I went through on that day. About 30 kms done in 6 hours. And if it was not enough, as i drove from one water logged pothole to another something tore off my front right side tyre once again and I had a puncture in the middle of the road with a traffic jam and pouring heavens. With great difficulty managed to crawl to the left side onto a petrol bunk only to realise that even the spare had a puncture.
managed to locate a puncture shop near by and got the punctures fixed. One thing i ahve realised is that the tyres Apollo Accelleres are extremely fragile and get torn at the slightest pretext.
Anyway faced rains all through the journey till Shimla. The car handled well as usual on the highways and the achieved mileage was 15.5 kmpl including the mess at Delhi. So I think it was ok. Another thing I noticed this time was that on steep slopes in Shimla city's byelanes the car lacked the initial grunt on slopes. Also the position of the clutch left a lot to eb desired as generally the clutch engages at a very high position of the pedal and on steep slopes it tests your nerves to let go of the pedal so late. Result I ended up half clutching the vehicle. Particularly at one point where I had to reverse up the slope with 5 passengers I just could not let go of it fully resulting in very strong burning smell. Will need to get the clutch checked now.
On the return journey everything was smooth and the vehicle despite the load performed as per expectations. Drove fropm Shimla to kaithal and then onto Delhi. I am yet to check the mileage but I ahve driven 400 Kms so far (from the last refill) and the needle is just beyond the half way mark.
Modifications done/Acessories added:-
1. 2 large cup holders which hang from the window sills at the rear and 2 small ones from the front door. The attachments are just a hanger on type and is inserted into the gap between the rubber beading and the glass. Doesnot hampert he operation of the windows at all.
2. A small Glow plug in the form of a dolphin which gives out blue light. Looks cute but the glow is taking time to get adjusted to though.
3. Golden coloured rubber protective ebading on the front doors' frame edges.
4. A battery operated (single AA) thermometer showing outside/inside temperature. The outside sensor has been placed in the door cavity near to the door hinges outside the rubber beading.

Proposed:- Masking the centre console face plate in the same artleather axs the seats. Could you please provide inputs as to how the face plate is to be removed? I am talking about the silver coloured plate around the AC rotaries and the ICE HU. There are no visible bolts so need help. Is it just a pull out kind or a bit complex?
Old 28th August 2008, 16:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Mods please update the thread to 15000 kms now.
Old 29th August 2008, 12:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

can you post pics of all the mods that you have done? they sound interesting
Old 27th January 2009, 14:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

Some exterior modifications and additions to my ride are depicted below.
1. Front roof antenna (Show only).
2. Rear Shark fin (Show only).
3. Rear butterfly sticker (Show only).
4. baby on board (useful).
5. Rubber door protectors (useful).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011082.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011083.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011084.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011085.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011086.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011087.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc011088.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2009, 00:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

One of the kids has written an entire english aplhabet on my bonnet and that with with a metal key. The car is looking like a walking poster for the love of english language now.

And MODS can yoy please update the mileage to 20,000 KMs please?
Old 29th March 2009, 00:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

Guys, are not fuel filters supposed to be changed at every 10K intervals or at times the engine oil is changed? Today I ahve given my Marina for 3rd Free service and they quoted a bill of about 4500 for the service which includes the oil filter for about 2450 INR. Now I have checked the 2nd service bill it was only about 1900 including the oil filter. Has the prices gone up that high for a filter in the last 7-8 months? Any idea about prices of the engine oil filter for a Marina?
Old 29th March 2009, 00:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

i dont think the oil filter costs that much. it should be approx be a tenth of that amount. I think trrk should be able to confirm that
Old 29th March 2009, 15:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i dont think the oil filter costs that much. it should be approx be a tenth of that amount. I think trrk should be able to confirm that
Thanks, Greenhorn. I am a little handicapped as I am at home. Moreover the car in question appears to be a DICOR. The costly part could be the fuel filter, which is expensive in common rail diesel engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
quoted a bill of about 4500 for the service which includes the oil filter for about 2450 INR. Any idea about prices of the engine oil filter for a Marina?
As of Nov 2008, the cost here in Alleppey:

Oil filter - 141.41
Fuel filter - 134.08

These are for the TDi and attract a further 12% VAT.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1069319
Old 29th March 2009, 17:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

forgot about the Dicor Aspect. the safari Dicors have a fuel filter assembly, which seems to be entirely changed every 30K Kms, and costs 2.2k, so it does seem to fall in the ballpark
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/830780-post182.html
Old 29th March 2009, 18:21   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
wanderernomad : Today I ahve given my Marina for 3rd Free service and they quoted a bill of about 4500 for the service which includes the oil filter for about 2450 INR. Now I have checked the 2nd service bill it was only about 1900 including the oil filter.
@Wanderer, pls post your bill so we know exactly the item you are refering to.

The oil filter for a non-DICOR engine does not cost that much, though the Castrol GTX has increased by about 50/- per liter.

Last edited by condor : 29th March 2009 at 18:24. Reason: Missed the DICOR aspect.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Yes the cost is for the Diesel Fuel Filter. It is for about 2500 INR. Ill post the detailed bill very today evening. Another thing I noticed that they changed the Alternator Belt and charged me for it. The vehicle is under Extended warranty and the warranty document specifically says "belts and chains". The dealer though says that the alternator belt is not covered and the word belt refers to only the timing belt. I have asked him to give it to me in writing.

Most Viewed