Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Xeta troubles: Faults and faultier!

Guys,

In the past coupla months it seems the indica has been on the blink: bro is due this saturday for his 3rd visit to Vivek Auto for things in the 3rd servicing !! here's the laundry list:

> central locking relay replaced @ 10k kms .. it stopped workign @ ~12k kms ..this time on the first day of 3rd serving told them of the problem .. but not completely fixed the problem as yet.
> AC has a magnetic clutch in the compressor .. that was getting shorted .. so the fuse for the ac wud blow out .. repeatedly .. and they even delivered the car to me without fixing the problem and had merely replaced the fuse (and he had to turn back after driving 8 kms towards home when the AC problem reappeared)

And to put all this in perspective, his service advisor @ Vivek was telling him that the Xeta has an excellent AC, one which does not give problems till even 5 yrs (and this was his second problem with the AC in last 4 months !! )

> glass orientation of driver seat ... has been out since july or so, without AC bro is driving with his window up, in delhi heat!! thankfully it didn't happen in may!
> earlier engine used to make a slight noise for which he asked ppl from vivek to check .. and what he get after that repair is a xeta that sounds like truck in the mornings - goes away after 5-6km !!! Reminds me of cam tensioner sounds that used to come in karizmas last year.
> FE is still okay, although a bit down.

Maybe OT post here, but wanted to ask Deeps/Wolfinstein or the others who could help. So decided to post it for the benefit of others wanting to consider tata.

Could you guys PM me the contact of any Tata regional manager in NCR region? Despite getting two feedback calls from TATA pune, and having given them an earful my bro is still sitting with the problems. He has zero leaves that he can take, and all Vivek's "engineers" can do is to give excuses and ask me to come on monday/ tuesday .....and so on .. This time I have asked him (I might even tag along) to meet Mr Mukherji, the GM, Vivek Autos - though not hoping much to come out of it.

Please help! Especially any pointers on what could've gone wrong with that engine noise would be welcome.

Caveat TATA Emptor!

PS: If tata could sort out their spares quality and the pathetic service levels, Xeta could make a truly VFM car. As of now, the honeymoon seems to have ended :(

Last edited by phamilyman : 22nd August 2007 at 15:47.
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

We seem to be having/hearing quite a few moans about reliability problems with the Xeta.
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Xeta Problem

Hi,

This does looks like a problem not with the car but with the service center... I guess you need to pull there neck for such a lazy service... Sometime you do get such problems, but all of them can be resolved in one go....

Try posting on the email as relevant:

supportnorth@tatamotors.com
supporteast@tatamotors.com
supportsouth@tatamotors.com
supportwest@tatamotors.com

Also try to post your problem in Tata Indica User Group. You will find lots of Xeta owners providing the feedback
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PS: If tata could sort out their spares quality and the pathetic service levels, Xeta could make a truly VFM car. As of now, the honeymoon seems to have ended :(
A good service can get the car back in shape. Don't worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
We seem to be having/hearing quite a few moans about reliability problems with the Xeta.
quite a lot actually! :(
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

In the past coupla months it seems the indica has been on the blink: bro is due this saturday for his 3rd visit to Vivek Auto for things in the 3rd servicing !! here's the laundry list:

> central locking relay replaced @ 10k kms .. it stopped workign @ ~12k kms ..this time on the first day of 3rd serving told them of the problem .. but not completely fixed the problem as yet.
> AC has a magnetic clutch in the compressor .. that was getting shorted .. so the fuse for the ac wud blow out .. repeatedly .. and they even delivered the car to me without fixing the problem and had merely replaced the fuse (and he had to turn back after driving 8 kms towards home when the AC problem reappeared)

And to put all this in perspective, his service advisor @ Vivek was telling him that the Xeta has an excellent AC, one which does not give problems till even 5 yrs (and this was his second problem with the AC in last 4 months !! )

> glass orientation of driver seat ... has been out since july or so, without AC bro is driving with his window up, in delhi heat!! thankfully it didn't happen in may!
> earlier engine used to make a slight noise for which he asked ppl from vivek to check .. and what he get after that repair is a xeta that sounds like truck in the mornings - goes away after 5-6km !!! Reminds me of cam tensioner sounds that used to come in karizmas last year.
> FE is still okay, although a bit down.

Maybe OT post here, but wanted to ask Deeps/Wolfinstein or the others who could help. So decided to post it for the benefit of others wanting to consider tata.

Could you guys PM me the contact of any Tata regional manager in NCR region? Despite getting two feedback calls from TATA pune, and having given them an earful my bro is still sitting with the problems. He has zero leaves that he can take, and all Vivek's "engineers" can do is to give excuses and ask me to come on monday/ tuesday .....and so on .. This time I have asked him (I might even tag along) to meet Mr Mukherji, the GM, Vivek Autos - though not hoping much to come out of it.

Please help! Especially any pointers on what could've gone wrong with that engine noise would be welcome.

Caveat TATA Emptor!

u can mail all your problems to "supportnorth@tatamotors.com"

try this and i hope it will work out
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:03   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

To be honest, the only significant problem your Xeta has had is the air-con. The others seem to be small and niggling types which are standard with every Tata.

Or am I missing something?
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is a clear problem with TASC and not with car.. All this problems can be solved at one go. Need to pull the neck of service people.

Try to contact at following, whatever relevant:
supportnorth@tatamotors.com
supporteast@tatamotors.com
supportsouth@tatamotors.com
supportwest@tatamotors.com

Also try to post on the following :
ContactUs
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

The real issue is the aircon. The window, when AC was working - wasn't that much of a nuisance. The startup noise is beginning to worry tho.

Problem is how often can someone keep going back? With m800, we used to leave it with MASS, pick it up by evening, and everything solved to satisfaction. Here, the service isnt up to the mark(not just at vivek, also with dhingra gurgaon - iirc). And all these little things failing every now and then is an irritation. Servicing the indica has of late become a hobby!

In about the same time, mom's alto lxi has run almost 8k km without missing a beat. Like I said, should these niggles not have been there, its otherwise been absolutely VFM and comfortable and fun to drive.

PS: When buying it, we thought that the niggles wouldn't require repeated visits, or would start so early - its a Dec06 indica, done 15k+ km.

Last edited by phamilyman : 22nd August 2007 at 17:24.
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
This is a clear problem with TASC and not with car.. All this problems can be solved at one go. Need to pull the neck of service people.
]

Why do you keep on repeating same thing in your posts (That its not the problem with the car) ? If the aircon and Central locking in a new TATA Xeta car went kaput, how is service center to blame? Ofcourse after the problems surfaced for the first time, the service center has the reponsibility of sorting out the problem in minimum possible time with maximum customer satisfaction level.

Last edited by DCEite : 22nd August 2007 at 17:30.
Old 22nd August 2007, 20:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Phamilyman: Check ur PM!!

Can you elaborate more on the central locking issue? My A/C also trips sometimes on a cold idle but the prob. goes away once the engine has warmed up.
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:19   #11
BANNED

The central locking is factory fitted or dealer fitted after-market accessory?
Did you try any other TASC?
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
(not just at vivek, also with dhingra gurgaon - iirc).
I am not aware about Vivek, but Dhingra Motors just do pure eye wash. They service 50-80 cars a day, imagine what the must be doing, just cleaning and wash.... I am getting my Indica serviced from "Gurgaon Car Scanner" TASC. Though they are not perfect, but better than others.

Regarding the noise :
What kind of noise it is, something similar to belt noise... or you feel its coming from engine?

I can suggest the following :
Check the fan belt tension and pully bearings
Also check the engine mounting bolts if they are tight
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone. The only accessory is the music system.
Central locking is factory fitted.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I am not aware about Vivek, but Dhingra Motors just do pure eye wash. They service 50-80 cars a day, imagine what the must be doing, just cleaning and wash.... I am getting my Indica serviced from "Gurgaon Car Scanner" TASC. Though they are not perfect, but better than others.

Regarding the noise :
What kind of noise it is, something similar to belt noise... or you feel its coming from engine?

I can suggest the following :
Check the fan belt tension and pully bearings
Also check the engine mounting bolts if they are tight

I agree about dhingra motors,
and if there is a noise while switching on the ac in the morning, it has to be the fan belt . just switch it off for few seconds and it is gone.

i have faced this problem twice with my xeta (got to live with it if you buy tata ) and it is also very common is santros also.
Old 13th September 2007, 01:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

for whatever its worth, the problems are gone. took a visit and lots of paining of staff, but its done. AC panel seems like now its about to break its shackles but its holding.

In the interim, we did a kishangarh trip. With new ECU and Tyco harness, the car returned about 212km in ~181 rs CNG. This was from mehrauli towards jaipur side. In return, highway mileage was 13.7 types. Fully loaded, AC at three all the time

Dont know whether to love indica or hate its service staff, but its surely delivering the goods for now. Bhai is already bracing for the next small component failure

tata niggles just like godfather has said. I bow to thee, wise one!

Last edited by phamilyman : 13th September 2007 at 01:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks