Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 09:24   #76
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

OVMR and stuff.

Just had a biker bang my Laura OVRM - Repacement would cost about Rs. 16-18K including - Paint & Labour.

Insurance would at max give 50%, no claim bonus loss may not make this worthwhile.

The Part that's broken is the glass indicater bit below the mirror, but am told that the entire casing and mirror needs to be replaced though it every bit is working fine.

Am going to have by office driver go through CST Rd. and Chore bazzar to check out if I can get a replacement out there. If Merc parts are available then might as well try this out as well.

Someone had mentioned on the forum that the OVRM's in India do not dim as per lights at night. Well they do dim but the single sensor for all three mirrors is located in the central reversing mirror on the inside, so even if a high beam is hitting the OVRM, if the inside mirror sensor does not pick this us then the OVRMs would not be dimmed.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:45   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Someone had mentioned on the forum that the OVRM's in India do not dim as per lights at night. Well they do dim but the single sensor for all three mirrors is located in the central reversing mirror on the inside, so even if a high beam is hitting the OVRM, if the inside mirror sensor does not pick this us then the OVRMs would not be dimmed.
Well..that's a nice find. How did you come to know about the location of the sensor?

It will be great if you can share more info like how does the sensor work, etc.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:23   #78
BHPian

a friend of mine got an ORVM for his laura for 4k...somebody approached him on an intersection and he agreed happily...you must try chor bazar will definitely find one there and much cheaper for sure...
Old 15th October 2008, 13:45   #79
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Well..that's a nice find. How did you come to know about the location of the sensor?

It will be great if you can share more info like how does the sensor work, etc.
Remember reading this in the manual itself, (L&K Auto Model) also if the rear windshield sunshade blind is pulled up the light detection sensor does not work. (for all 3 mirrors simultaneously.)
Old 15th October 2008, 13:47   #80
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
a friend of mine got an ORVM for his laura for 4k...somebody approached him on an intersection and he agreed happily...you must try chor bazar will definitely find one there and much cheaper for sure...
Thanks will try out chore bazzar and share the results in a months time.
Old 31st January 2009, 20:39   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

@ACM, hope you found a reasonably priced mirror you were looking for.

The ORVMs are not light-sensitive in Laura (India L&K). I am 100% certain. The light sensitive ORVMs have a rubber strip around the mirror's edge (which you can notice in Mercs,etc.). Also light-sensitive ORVMs cost upwards of 30K a piece I heard so it is good in a way. I wish they were electronically retractable though! I really miss this feature. In few places the parking attendants fold-in the mirrors and I realize it after getting into the car before driving off, then I have to get down (or open the windows and stretch for passenger side mirror) and slide out the mirrors! What a pain!

@Raveendra
My daily commute is a painfully slow 5+5km around MG Road Bangalore and the clutch has been holding up pretty well so far (20K km), but I am also prepared for an early clutch glitch.
Old 4th February 2009, 09:58   #82
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ovrm

Andro have replied to your query - my take side view mirror on my laura are actually light sensitve. The Reply is moved to ravvendrra's new thread as below.
-----

The MFD normally shows no. of litres consume...

New Thread: Skoda Laura L&K : 20,000 kms review
-----

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks