Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 23:23   #16
BHPian

ouch, sorry to hear about your accident. the optra 1.8 LT has no ABS??
Old 31st August 2007, 23:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
ouch, sorry to hear about your accident. the optra 1.8 LT has no ABS??
The earlier batches didnot have it, then it was optional, in the Magnum Diesel its standard.
Old 1st September 2007, 12:41   #18
Team-BHP Support

Busa, I actually almost bought 17 inch alloys and 215/45 R17 tyres. I had even paid the money. But then I chickened out and settled for 15 inch alloys. Do you think Optra can take 17 inch alloys and not lose its practicality? Will 17 inch alloys increase the ride height and hence prevent bottoming out?

I'm not sure if my K&N is conical or standard. I paid Rs. 4,500 - the cheapest one available I guess! The interiors of the old 1.8 LT is the same as that of Optra Royale LT - except that 1.8 LT has steering wheel mounted audio controls.

The only real extra in the interior is the Garmin GPS, with a fake Gold Ganesh idol and a Feng Shui travel good luck charm. I bought the GPS unit almost 2.5 years back for Rs. 32,000 (plus Rs. 8,000 for maps of Bangalore and Mumbai). Now the same unit sells for Rs. 18,000!

The maps of Bangalore/Mumbai are very comprehensive. When I drive infront of somebody's house, it shows the house number and sometimes the name of the house (like 'Anugraha' or whatever)! It shows all the booze joints and petrol pumps on the map while driving around.

If I have to go over a flyover rather than under it, it tells me before itself to be "on the right hand side of the road". It is good to show-off a bit, but is not really a value for money buy. Asking a friendly 'auto raja' is cheaper and more accurate!
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Busa, I actually almost bought 17 inch alloys and 215/45 R17 tyres. I had even paid the money. But then I chickened out and settled for 15 inch alloys. Do you think Optra can take 17 inch alloys and not lose its practicality? Will 17 inch alloys increase the ride height and hence prevent bottoming out?
17inchers will fit easily but it wont make sense, the ride will suffer alot and the FE will go down, handling will become better. If you want to increase ride height go for 205/55/15(had this before i shifted to 205/50/15, car came with 195/55/15) though it fouls with the inner side on full lock on uneven roads.

Quote:
I'm not sure if my K&N is conical or standard. I paid Rs. 4,500
Post a pic of the engine bay and i can tell you more about it.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:57   #20
Team-BHP Support

95,000 kms done! I have finally decided to sell this car. Any idea how much I'll get for 2004 Optra 1.8 LT? Acccesories/upgrades include xenon lamps, 15 inch alloys with michelin tyres and I'm thinking about throwing in a mapmyindia (delphi) touchscreen GPS as a "bait".

The AC compressor packed up, installed a new one for Rs. 40,000 and now it comes with a 1 year GM warranty. Also, paid Rs. 20,000 to change the engine timing belt/gear (supposed to be carried out after 100,000 km). So there should be no more "maintenance" expenses for the new owner.

Now you all know why I'm selling this elephant.
Old 15th June 2012, 00:18   #21
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Optra 1.8 LT - 60,000 Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
95,000 kms done! I have finally decided to sell this car. Any idea how much I'll get for 2004 Optra 1.8 LT? Acccesories/upgrades include xenon lamps, 15 inch alloys with michelin tyres and I'm thinking about throwing in a mapmyindia (delphi) touchscreen GPS as a "bait".

The AC compressor packed up, installed a new one for Rs. 40,000 and now it comes with a 1 year GM warranty. Also, paid Rs. 20,000 to change the engine timing belt/gear (supposed to be carried out after 100,000 km). So there should be no more "maintenance" expenses for the new owner.

Now you all know why I'm selling this elephant.
How much did you sell it for ? I have the same model and year and planning to sell it now after almost 8 yrs and 68K on the odo? Did the major service and timing belt change for approx. Rs. 40K. What can I expect ?
Old 15th June 2012, 11:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanpt View Post
How much did you sell it for ? I have the same model and year and planning to sell it now after almost 8 yrs and 68K on the odo? Did the major service and timing belt change for approx. Rs. 40K. What can I expect ?
Sold it for Rs. 3.3 Lacs via Team-BHP classifieds exactly 2 years back with 105,000 kms on the odo.

Although your car has run just 68K kms as against my car's 105K kms, my car had a new paint coat - it looked new from the outside. Being a petrol car with not-so-great fuel economy and since the model is out of production, assume 20% depreciation in price per year (over the price I got for my car). Take the offer if you get around Rs. 2.1 Lacs for your car.

Carwale.com suggests a valuation of Rs. 1.78 to 2.13 Lacs for your car.
Old 2nd March 2024, 18:57   #23
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2024 at 14:45.
SpeedCarGuy is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks