Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 11:36   #1
BHPian

Swift Diesel (0 Km report)

Yes guys this is 0 Km report,

How would you have felt while walking besides a celebrity on red carpet ... or you are very lucky...

the same feeling I have got today... yups... for days together I was searching for a good replacement to My palio 1.2 ... lots of different opinions ... i have a big family so was looking for a 7 to 8 seater ... was very close to safari 2.2 or customised trax... but my dad had a different opinion he wanted a small car as i had already wagon R .

Lot of hangama & finally screwed on swift.. went to sai service & got a blunt answer of, 1 month waiting for petrol & 3 months for diesel. this dampened the spirit .. so looked for getz prime but my cousin who works with kothari suggested to stay away from 1.3 & I was not interested in 1.1.

Yesterday I called one of my friend who works with Wonder cars ... he said Zxi 3 vehicles ready.. & to my surprise 1 Vdi & 2 ldi readily available... but I had to pay partial money yesterday itself. Just send a cheque & monday one more addition in on cards... huge amount of people are waiting from 1 to 2 months ... but we luckily got a red carpet to welcome our new...... house member..the Swift VDi having Ozone Blue attire.

Also feeling very fine to remain associated some or the other way with FIAT..

Please suggest me some good accesories including tyre upgrade... etc.

@mods..I want to keep this thread continous.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome home Swift! and do post some nice pics Bond...
Old 31st August 2007, 14:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Foremost accessory: Pete's box. And tyres.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:22   #4
BHPian

Haha, nice 0 KM review 007 Bond! You were lucky to get a Swift Diesel so soon! Be sure to get wider tyres and a Pete's for extreme torque.

Enjoy the addictive torque of the Swift Diesel.

cya
A
Old 31st August 2007, 14:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

LOL you caught my eye with that 0km report title.

I was praying that you dint crash outside the Dealership after taking delivery.
Anyways congrats on the new buy !!

Accessories , the list is never ending. Plan on what you need and based on your finances start upgrading.

Drive safe.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

get 195 profile tyres first and foremost.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:41   #7
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Diesel family ! I am sure you will get addicted to the torque and would not want to drive your Wagon R anymore.

Accessories - Look at tyre upgades, 15" alloys, and dood ICE. There are lot of fellow members from whoom you can take advice - are experts on each of them.
Old 31st August 2007, 15:46   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the club, by the way as Jaggu says pls upgrade the tyres.
Old 31st August 2007, 15:51   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is that wonder cars has no waitng list for swift D?
Old 31st August 2007, 16:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why is that wonder cars has no waitng list for swift D?
They have a very hefty waiting list... this was booked by some person who then changed his mind for Innova ... hence the booking got open & I pounched my it.

Well for more info I got finance from HDFC w.r.t EMI 3280/lakh & 2900 processing fee.
Old 31st August 2007, 17:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
They have a very hefty waiting list... this was booked by some person who then changed his mind for Innova ... hence the booking got open & I pounched my it.

Well for more info I got finance from HDFC w.r.t EMI 3280/lakh & 2900 processing fee.
Glad to know that everything is going fine. When is the expected delivery of the car?
Old 31st August 2007, 17:50   #12
BHPian

well expected delivery is on Tuesday
Old 31st August 2007, 17:51   #13
BHPian

Congratulations Bond! It's good to see so many reviews about the swift VDI. Well, I like the car personally and love almost everything about it, except the waiting period. Please do post some pics and drive safe!
Old 31st August 2007, 23:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations James Bond Zero Zero Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Foremost accessory: Pete's box. And tyres.
I secong that. The Petes box makes the car a hoot to drive and the amount of torque then engine generates its very important to have atleast 195 tyres.
Old 7th October 2007, 19:12   #15
BHPian

Swift Diesel - Updated from (0-1100 Km) Report

Hi Guys,

A long break ... hell lot of things happened in past 1 month. well i got delivery on 6th September & yesterday did the first servicing. In between was in bed for nearly 10 days for a angular tear in Disc... blame this to my height & seat of Swift.

But still I have taken it on... My take on swift...

Comfort Level:

after buying a 5.7 lakh vehicle you feel as if a poor man as lot of essential comforts left by maruti... like no discounts,clock,music system,rear parcel tray,cigratte lighter,low profile tyres,keyless entry, no defogger, washer wiper etc. seats absolutely not comfortable.

For installing some of this has blown my pocket to the tune of nearly 45000 extra which make it now a 6 lakh on road.

As I am 6 3" my bro 6 1" & all other in family averaging 5 10" we can sit comfortably in swift. very good space.

Performance & Efficiency:

Well as the idling is at close to 1000 rpm it immediately comes to life in gears. I really like the auto accelerator wherein the vehicle moves on at the specified speed of each gear. But many a times this causes scares in bumper to bumper traffic & also while taking reverse. Power delivery is abosolutely fantastic & dont feel of any extra BHP needed above that 75.

Gear shift is a notch above wagon R but below par of palio. EPS is a boon for diesel & has a good control above 60+ wherin it gets cut off. Brakes are sure a cause of concern as it gives very tense moments. Suspensions are good, but lot of scope for improvement.

Fuel efficiency is at 17 to 18 in city driving conditions 30 % A/C & really the best example of efficiency indulged with power can be seen in swift. Hats of to FIAT for the same.

Looks:

Good inital impression of fit & finish by maruti well be justified after a long run of odometer. Dash board, display very good. Rear view mirrors excellent.

Rear view is bland. Its not anybodys take to take reverse you judgement needs to be the best, hence necessary to fit in rear sensors.

Ownership:

U are the boss things move around you. for 1st service 1 paid 680 for oil change only. I have purchased from wonder cars. You are told to give feedback immediately and any porblems are sorted out instantly. After the launch of getz diesel you find this car extremly VFM.

Overall marks: 34 /40 satisfaction level 85%

Looks: 4/5
Performance: 5/5
efficiency: 5/5
Brakes: 3/5
Suspension: 4/5
Comfort : 3/5
VFM: 5/5
Ownership : 5/5

Most Viewed