Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There was a red adventure with similar leather seats at kawdiar park yesterday. Your car? (was going somwhere with parents in a hurry- so, couldn't stop) Was looking beautiful under those lights.

I"m staying at peroorkada.

YES. That was me

Was waiting for one of my friends to arrive. Maybe we could meet next time.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Everyone interested in the Adventure also has shown interest in the Ford Fusion. So i just thought i'd put this down too.

When i travel on the highways, 120km from my native place to trivandrum, i end up shifting gears almost more than double times if i am in the Ford Fusion. But with the Adventure, i would most of the time cruise at around at 80-90km/h and tend to shift gears only rarely. I guess thats the basic difference between the two cars. The Fusion is much more sporty in nature and its acceleration is so fast that you really feel your adrenaline being generated!! But with the Adventure you could just feel the calm. You could just enjoy the drive and feel admire life. Life's good with the adventure.....except when you look at the fuel gauge I just dont understand why the cant bring in the JTD engine with the adventure. It would have done wonders for FIAT in India. But no point. With FIAT there are lots and lots of "IF's"

Last edited by gemithomas : 3rd September 2007 at 16:43.
Old 18th October 2007, 09:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

12K Update

COmpleted 12K on the Adventure. Oh yes, That was a bit faster than i thought i would. Never thought i would do so much running when i purchased this one. But its so comfortable that you love being inside the car .

No major issues till now . Just one of the rear brake drums gets stuck when i apply brake after a good wash. But after some running it becomes normal. Ice in a while i start hearing some kind of noise when i press the brakes. THis dissapears after i take it to the service station and they do some dusting and adjustments inside the drum. DOnt know how to solve it once and for all.

Well F.E is consistent. But i have increased my tyre pressure to what is recommended by FIAT. Around 30-31 psi in allfour tyres. The F.E has gone up to around 10-10.5 in city. Though the feeling of travellin on an air cushion is not there, i wouldnt say the ride comfort is bad. But i would recommend that if you can afford to have F.E at around 8.5-9 in city maintin 28-29psi and enjoy riding on a air cushion!!

Slightly off-topic, just got my FIAT UNO 1.2 back after some work. Needed some parts like swing arm, some bushes and a few other things. Was able to get the parts within a week. Not sure why all of us really cry over not getting parts for FIAT. Is it that we are unable to get original spares!!!

And i was just wondering. Is the 1.6 engine E-10 compatible?
Old 18th October 2007, 11:58   #19
Team-BHP Support

One week? Imagine if such a car is your only car, and they tell you that wait for a week.
Add to that your office is 30kms away with no good public transport to get there.
Old 18th October 2007, 21:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
One week? Imagine if such a car is your only car, and they tell you that wait for a week.
Add to that your office is 30kms away with no good public transport to get there.
oh! i was just mentioning that parts ae available for a car that was stopped 6 years back.

What about the E10 compatability of the 1.6 16V engine? Nobody?
Old 12th November 2007, 20:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

13K Updates

Well..Just reached 13K. So i'm using my car much more than i expected while making the purchase. Thanks to the very comfortable ride and the silky smooth engine. We all know what the adventure is all about so i'm not starting all over again on what all i love about this car. Just a few updates

1. Got my first dents by some "great guy"(read differently) who just decided that the Formula Red Colour and those bull bars with extra fog lamps combined with the roof rails and wheel arches was just too much for him to digest. He just banged his hand on one of my doors while my car was parked. Had a huge dent but managed to pull it put with the vacuum tool that the service centre guys had. There is still a small dent in memorial of his gratitude towards the vehicle!!

2. My rear doors are still as new. One of them wont close unles you push it hard and the other one just slams in at the smallest push. Every time i went to the service center the guy who is specialized in door setting would not be there. And i insisted that nobody touches anything on my car unless they are sure about what they are doing. So things have been left just as it has been!!

3. Had water vapours in my headlamp. After 3 calls confirming that the spare is available i go to the service centre and spend half a day sitting in their lobby waiting for my car to be delivered. By after noon. Everything is ready to them. But to my eyes, the electric level adjustment is not working. THats when they realize that the adventure has a motorized headlamp. I ask them to put back my old headlights and spend another 1 hr. GO back home spending 4hrs just for some idiotic guy to learn how to remove and put back the FIAT Adventure Head Lights!!

4. Tried putting an air pressure of 32psi in all four tires and managed to get F.E figures nearly upto 10km/l in city with a/c. But was not satisfied with the ride comfort. SO recently switched back to 30psi. I feel its not worth that saving since you might have to spend on suspension work pretty early if you maintain such high pressure in tyre. Its better to drive comfortably right?

5.The rear seats could have been slightly more inclined. Its would have given a more luxurious feel sitting at the rear. The front with the raised seating position might be a problem for tall people who might end up hitting their head on the roof when getting in and out. But the good thing here is that you get a real cool driving position. Just as an SUV. Not like normal cars where you raise your hand to grip the steering. But the rear leg room is slightly compromised. It is not as spacious as it looks from outside.

Well, how do i feel after owning the FIAT?
Its sheer comfort as long as you are in the drivers seat. But do pray that you never need to sit in the service centre lobby. Though things have come a long way since the TVS days, its still along way to go. Its not about customer care. ITs about the technical knowledge of handling a car that has been build with the experience gathered over 100 years. And how well can someone with just over 10 yrs experience handle such a car. Well...visit a TATA service centre. You'll know.

Personally i'm really satisfied with the choice. The car is worth atleast 3L more the price. Just look at what it gives you and compare it with cars at that price.
Pirelli Tyres
Real Solid looking Alloys
Bull Bar
Roof Rack
100PS/137NM silky smooth engine
Adjustable steering
Additional Fog lamps
Rear Wiper
Rear Defogger
Roof Antenna
Central locking
All Four Power Windows
Independent suspension

and all those headturns when you pass through - Priceless!!

The one thing i miss is a sun/moon roof. The vehicle would have felt great with one of those.

But we end up paying that extra money over years as fuel costs. BUt i feel its worth every penny you pay.

Future plans - advice needed.

1.Thinking of switching over to synthetic oil during the 15K service. PLease advice on brand / grade. And If possible do mention experiences on the FIAT 1.6 engine.

2. Is there any fluid that needs to be drained/flushed/replaced during this service or after 1 yr.
Old 12th November 2007, 20:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well, how do i feel after owning the FIAT?
Its sheer comfort as long as you are in the drivers seat. But do pray that you never need to sit in the service centre lobby. Though things have come a long way since the TVS days, its still along way to go. Its not about customer care. ITs about the technical knowledge of handling a car that has been build with the experience gathered over 100 years. And how well can someone with just over 10 yrs experience handle such a car. Well...visit a TATA service centre. You'll know.

Personally i'm really satisfied with the choice. The car is worth atleast 3L more the price. Just look at what it gives you and compare it with cars at that price.
Pirelli Tyres

and all those headturns when you pass through - Priceless!!

The one thing i miss is a sun/moon roof. The vehicle would have felt great with one of those.

But we end up paying that extra money over years as fuel costs. BUt i feel its worth every penny you pay.
I second everything you have said. The sun/moon roof would have been awesome. The headturns are really priceless and so many of them.

Quote:
Quote:
Future plans - advice needed.

1.Thinking of switching over to synthetic oil during the 15K service. PLease advice on brand / grade. And If possible do mention experiences on the FIAT 1.6 engine.
I have recently installed Green Cotton Storm filter and custom made headers with Free Flow exhaust. It has been just couple of days after the modifications. I am planning to post a report on my experience after I drive the car for some 500 kilometers. The initial impression is good. But you may not be interested if you are particular about the super silent engine. Switching to Synthetic oil will definitely help. After researching much, I will suggest go for Mobil 1 5w50.

Quote:
2. Is there any fluid that needs to be drained/flushed/replaced during this service or after 1 yr.
You may like to check you service book. Each leaflet has instructions on the back. It will give you an idea.
Old 12th November 2007, 23:27   #23
BHPian

Hey Gemi, Some amazing write ups there. I too have passed the 10k mark as I had reported in anothe post. The head turning-Priceless part is indeed priceless. Whenever at a signal someone gives a second,third,fourth......nth look at my car, i sout back......."FIAT ADVENTURE!!!!"
Old 13th November 2007, 09:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirambr View Post
Hey Gemi, Some amazing write ups there. I too have passed the 10k mark as I had reported in anothe post. The head turning-Priceless part is indeed priceless. Whenever at a signal someone gives a second,third,fourth......nth look at my car, i shout back......."FIAT ADVENTURE!!!!"

hah! hah! i was just imagining that.
Old 13th November 2007, 09:36   #25
BHPian

Well... the first word which came from my mouth while driving it was "TANK".
This is a Tank, not just by its combination of Prelli tyres and All Independent suspension, but also by its class apart looks.
And when you get the headturns, you does feel that you are from drinving something exclusive.
I remember when i was showing this car to a freind of mine, he instantly said it just lacks a UN number plate.
Well I am in love with this car.
Old 13th November 2007, 09:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
I have recently installed Green Cotton Storm filter and custom made headers with Free Flow exhaust. It has been just couple of days after the modifications. I am planning to post a report on my experience after I drive the car for some 500 kilometers. The initial impression is good.
Would really look forwrd for the updates. What are the costs of such mods and what are the benefits / issues. F.E figures after mods!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
You may like to check you service book. Each leaflet has instructions on the back. It will give you an idea.

Oh! dont even tell me about the service book. I've not had one. Thanks to FIAT.
Old 13th November 2007, 10:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi,

I really dont know about the 1.6 machine but when I put a query on the FIAT website, I got a reply that my Palio 1.2 NV Sport model is E10 compliant. I need not worry. May be you can do the same thing.
Old 13th November 2007, 10:17   #28
BHPian

Well.... first word which came out of my mouth while driving this car was "TANK".
And this is TANK, it does give that same sailing feeling as in a Battle Tank.
Not just bcz of its classic combination of Suspension and Pirelli tyres but also because of it class apart looks.
And the headturns do make you feel that you are driving someting exclusive.
A freind of mine when saw my car first time instantly said that it just needs a UN number.
Well I am in love with this car.
And Gemi, regarding the service manual, is it different from the car manual? I still dont have anyone, but the Dealer told me that he will be dispatching me the Manual shortly.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
And Gemi, regarding the service manual, is it different from the car manual? I still dont have anyone, but the Dealer told me that he will be dispatching me the Manual shortly.

Yes. THe Owners Manual is different from the Service Manual which has your coupon for your free service and listing the things to check for each service. I managed to get my owners manual six months after purchase after irritating a few at FIAT and TATA. I also insisted a letter stating that they have not provided me the service manual and the warranty would not be void because of the reason that i dont have service coupons to provide as proof of timely service.

Also ensure that you get the booklet on your extended warranty. This was provided by the showroom guys in 2 weeks time after purchase.
Old 13th November 2007, 13:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
when I put a query on the FIAT website, I got a reply that my Palio 1.2 NV Sport model is E10 compliant.
Once again Fiat's ****ty marketing at work. Why can't they point out this fact in their marketing campaigns?! Even Honda talks about this in their print adverts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks