Team-BHP - FIAT Adventure Sport 1.6. EDIT : 40,000 kms and now Sold !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   FIAT Adventure Sport 1.6. EDIT : 40,000 kms and now Sold ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/28302-fiat-adventure-sport-1-6-edit-40-000-kms-now-sold.html)

Well, most long term people here would know that i had chosen the FIAT Adventure after much discussions on this forum. Well it all started up with a test drive on the TATA SAfari, and thats when i saw this little beast lying there and i just loved it. Did no really like the way the safari engine functioned so it was out of my list pretty soon. The final competition was between the Swift Diesel and the Fiat Adventure Sport. Two entirely different leageues, for those who are interested here is some old stuff.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...swift-vdi.html

After 10K and a few long drives i am still as much in love with this little beast as when i first saw her. Just thought of putting down a few thoughts.

One of the very best things of the car is its suspension. The car eats up any bad road. ITs more fun to drive her on places where there is hardly any road. And the ask your rear seat passenger to look back and tell you if she realised that you just went through that!!!. The astonishment in their eyes is worth seeing. The Pirelli 175/80 tyres have some good role in this. However the semi off road tyres do bring down your F.E figures by a km.

Another very exciting thing is the silky smooth engine. YOu would really feel the smoothness of silk when you are cruising around. I have never been able to "enjoy the drive" better on any other car. The power is always in excess and you would never feel out of breath even on highway overtakings. The gear ratios are so good that you would not have to shift gears very often. The tourque even at the lower rpms makes driving in city really effortless.

The F.E figures in the city are a bit painfull. You can get anything between 7.5 to 9.5 depending on your driving style. I have been getting nearly 9km/l consistently in city with a/c. On highways the figure goes upto 15km/l if you drive under 90km/h. Over that the F.E figures come down and could touch 11-12km/l. I normally get around 13-14km/l on highways. But before you make an impression just think about the cars that would give you simmilar comfort on these roads. Just think about the F.E figures they would give. And just think about the price you will have to pay for them. You would understand the worth of this small beast.

Now lets talk some bad things. The rear seats lack space, especiallly leg space. With more than two people in back its a bit cramped. With a tall person in front with their seats pushed backwards, the rear leg room is just not enough. They should have moved the rear seats back atleast by 30mm.

Have i faced any problems, well lets see.

The doors have slight rattling and one of the rear doors close very hard and one makes a very loud thud. Have told the service people to touch the doors only if they are sure they wont screw up anything. And they have never had the guts to touch them till date!!! But i wont say service is very bad. The TATA guys atleast out here are ready to accept what they dont know. With experience from TVS, this itself is a very big improvement as far as i am concerned.

Then there was / is this issue of a missing in the engine. This has been discussed here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...adventure.html

What else...oh! yes i use Xtra Premium. And whever i have used normal fuel i feel that the engine looses its smoothness and it knocks slighly while climbing hills on lower gears. So i stick to Premium as far as possible. Speed gives me marginally lower F.E figures.

Overall, I still remember the test drives i made on the swift and the adventure. Logically the swift mad more sense. But When i used to open the door and 'climb out' of the swift i never felt good. But 'getting down' from an adventure felt much better. And thats what my heart wanted. And just as all FIAT owners would do. I went with my heart. And my heart is still with the Adventure.:)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-862.html

Hi Gemi

Unfortunately this gem of a car has been discontinued by Fiat. Wonder if there is any chance of a revival. A diesel would probably appeal to the masses.

Another car the Fusion is also on the brink of extinction. Though the ride is no way near that of the Adventure its never the less a good concept that appeals.

Regards

Good review. Go with the heart, buddy. That's what owning a car is about for most of us here.
Keep us posted.

I still cannot understand why did they(fiat) discontinued Diesel cars ? do they need to take permissions from GM(opel) or Maruti Suzuki to get Multijet Engine on current generation of Fiat cars ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FERRO (Post 550712)
I still cannot understand why did they(fiat) discontinued Diesel cars ? do they need to take permissions from GM(opel) or Maruti Suzuki to get Multijet Engine on current generation of Fiat cars ?

Because their engines did not meet Euro III norms and they are still localising engines for putting them in their own cars and the MJD Engine is coming in 2008, till that time MUL has taken full advantage :Frustrati

Thats good review,Adventure is really nice one, simply the best except for FE. We have to compromise one or other way in every product. Its good that Adventure has good practical features like very sweet ride and strong build.

Regards,

Ravi.

Good report. Hows service at kulathunkal?

Do you live around kawdiar area? Usually see a red adventure there. :)

Nice Review Gemi!

Adventure is one real beast to drive especially off roads! Sad, it is no longer available :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 551379)
Nice Review Gemi!

Adventure is one real beast to drive especially off roads! Sad, it is no longer available :(

Why do you say it is not available? Fiat still makes it and Tata markets it. Fiat India - Showroom

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 550810)
Good report. Hows service at kulathunkal?

Do you live around kawdiar area? Usually see a red adventure there. :)

Kulathunkal is not that bad. Atleast they accept what tey dont know. After being with TVS...thats a really great thing!!!

Yeah it should be me that you see. I take that route quite often. I am at ulloor. Where do you live.

For me, Adventure is probably the only good looking station wagon in India. And it looks best in red.

About the rear-seat leg room, is it possible to try some customization and move the seat backwards. I am sure there is no derth of space!!

Looking at your collection, you seems to be a person who charts your own path (no, I am not a card-reader). Good luck with your Adventure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagittarian (Post 551432)
Why do you say it is not available? Fiat still makes it and Tata markets it.

Unfortunatly, Fiat India has stopped production of Adventure!

If you are lucky, you can manage to get one from the existing stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 551593)
For me, Adventure is probably the only good looking station wagon in India. And it looks best in red.

About the rear-seat leg room, is it possible to try some customization and move the seat backwards. I am sure there is no derth of space!!

Looking at your collection, you seems to be a person who charts your own path (no, I am not a card-reader). Good luck with your Adventure

When i saw Adventure at TATA showroom, as i am 6 ft in height, i too felt the lack of leg space. I asked this thing with the Sales executive, that is it possible to extend the back seat a bit more backward, as there is ample amount of space available. He told me its not possible stability wise, as the rear seat arrangement, and stabilty coincides with the B pillar. So if we move it beyond that point, then maybe we wont experience the comfortable ride, as to what Adventure is known for. But I think the leg space is same with Palio stie also.
The other thing i felt was the headroom at front seat.
So with FIAT its best what we are having.

Initially i searched for Adventure on sites, i usually get 4 versions of Fiat Adventure.
1 what is available(or was) in india
2 the updated versions on indian one, popular in brasil
3 Fiat Idea Adventure , having a shape and dimensions of the rane of Innova, with very styllish Roof rails
4 A very sporty and soort of concept car

And Fiat India failed to manage just one version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemithomas (Post 551570)
Yeah it should be me that you see. I take that route quite often. I am at ulloor. Where do you live.

There was a red adventure with similar leather seats at kawdiar park yesterday. Your car? (was going somwhere with parents in a hurry- so, couldn't stop) Was looking beautiful under those lights.

I"m staying at peroorkada.