Team-BHP - FIAT Palio 1.2 NV Sport EDIT - 17000 kms Update
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   FIAT Palio 1.2 NV Sport EDIT - 17000 kms Update (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/28538-fiat-palio-1-2-nv-sport-edit-17000-kms-update-2.html)

Well, it was 2005 and I was somewhat settled in my career after spending around 14 months in my dream company. Every other day started with a bang. Lots of quality work and equally wonderful team to work with. Since some time a thought had started cropping up in my mind about getting a car. My father always wanted to get a FIAT and he had even booked Uno but then nothing fruitful happened from FIAT's side and then he decided to get out of it. I always wondered why on earth my father would run behind a FIAT when Maruti was doing good. Then I started browsing through forums and I saw people crazy about FIAT cars.

Finally after a month or so, I set my eyes on a car called "Palio". For most of my friends, it was a joke, to go and get Palio when the Swift was on the horizon. I never liked Marutis and so getting Swift was out of question. I never wanted to end up with a pile of tin put on 4 wheels. I am happy that Swift somehow escaped this 'tin'ful fate of every other Maruti. After a lot of drama and delay finally on 29th April 2005 I got my beast delivered. A sparkling new Palio 1.2 sport. Well I was game for a Canary yellow color but my family asked me to hold my horses and get a sober silver instead. I still remember the animated expressions from people who came to know that I bought a FIAT. I guess its in my blood to get a FIAT afterall :).

For last 5 years the car has served me well. Touch wood but not a single incident of a break down on road. The time I enter in my car, I feel safe like sitting inside a tank. It is not in the league of Swift or other light hatches in the drag racing on signals but then for Palio the race starts at 100 kmph. I never felt scared ripping my car to speeds beyond 140. Once I touched 160 on express highway but then I realized that I should not take chances with Indian highways. It was just for a minute but that minute was pure nirvana. I could see cars getting disappeared my in rear view mirror.

Somehow it really feels very depressing to hand over your beauty to somebody you hardly know. On a first glance it may look foolish to many people about the attachment I have with my car, after all its just a body over 4 wheels which take you from point A to point B. I would have the same reaction but spending 5 years with the car, it comes naturally to any car enthusiast to bond with the machine. I always looked at car as a mode of transport until I started using a FIAT. Its certain to become a fan of FIAT once you starts using it.

Finally, the testing time has come. I have handed over my beloved car to an equally passionate FIATian. I am one lucky guy to find another FIAT enthusiast "Praful" as a buyer. I can be assured about the well being of my car with him. Icing on the cake is, he is a PUG member and a Team-BHPian. I can see my car happily munching miles with him. I wish both of them a long lasting relationship :).

I am all set to book another FIAT, soon I will be booking a G Punto MJD :). Well, one end is a new beginning.

Cheers
Neo

MODS: Please update the tile: Update 20000km --- Now Sold

Oh. It was Praful. Great!

I was actually about to contact you to pick this car up for my relative, but happy that its sold for a person who I know :)