Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 14:03   #16
BHPian

Hi Nikkibike,

What was the cause identified that caused uneven wareout of rear wheels. I am also facing the same problem in my WagonR. It would be of great help for me if you can give the details.
Old 15th September 2007, 21:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
Nikki,
Good economics , Rs. 2.7/km on gas. If it was diesel 1.8/km on similar road conditions, but need to pay 80 to 100 thousands extra. If wanted to even it out, should drive at lest 90000 km . So your economics is good. But only down side is warranty goes for a toss , in your case it is only a question of 10000 km more which you will do it in 4 months.
But how about THE DIESEL EXPERIENCE that you will miss for sure.
heh... your arithmatics are right! Well.... I was neverever bothered bout engine side warranty and so blindly opted the package!!!

Yeah!!! thatz what I miss badly! I really wanted 'that' punch of diesel swifts!!

Anyways... thanks dude!

Last edited by nikkibike : 15th September 2007 at 21:55.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:00   #18
BHPian

I missed to answer these ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
By the way - what about your warranty? A CNG would've been even cheaper, but i see many people shying away from it for warranty reasons
Well.... in my case... I was not at all bothered bout engine side warranty!! Economy ruled over everything else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hi Nikkibike,

What was the cause identified that caused uneven wareout of rear wheels. I am also facing the same problem in my WagonR. It would be of great help for me if you can give the details.
Dude.... check whether the coil springs are installed and seated properly as recommended by the company! This is actually an assembly mistake! you can get it done under warranty!!
Old 23rd September 2007, 15:10   #19
BHPian

Hi guys,
this thread seems to me tailor made for me. a small brief. I just sold my LPG accent after 8 years (still got 2 lacs for it!!!). I was so close to going for the OPtra magnum diesel, but suddenly my conscience(and girlfriend) caught up with me and said why spend so much on a car. Now i've gone the total opp direction and am looking for a used swift ZXi. I was keen on fitting an LPG in it as well as i drive around 300 KM per week(unless i goto pune where it doubles). I had a few questions, do you feel a significant drop in power? are you having some other issues with mechanicals after fitting LPG? I remember with Hyundai whenever anything went wrong with the accent theyw ould blame the LPG kit!. How much do u think a used ZXI will cost? Cheers
Old 24th September 2007, 10:52   #20
BHPian

LPG kitting in Swift - regarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Hi guys,
(1) do you feel a significant drop in power?
(2) are you having some other issues with mechanicals after fitting LPG?
(3)How much do u think a used ZXI will cost? Cheers
Well... good that you are thinking something sensible before putting up the papers for a new car! But in this case.. Optra Magnam is smiling at me!!

Anyways.... herez my answers for you!
(1) NO "significant" drop in power unless otherwise you try to floor the pedal! A perfect tuning will run the car normaly with the right kind of power delivery in both city and highway drivings. I never felt bad!

(2) This is rubbish! In case if you mean the mechanicals of ENGINE, I would say YES in the long run! Say above 1 Lakh kms or so! But a right type of tuning and proper timely maintenance, this won't be an issue at all!

(3) A 2-3 yr old Well maintained Swift ZXi may cost between 2.75L to 4L!!

cheers!
Old 24th September 2007, 10:53   #21
BANNED

LPg @ 20 k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
I paid 20k for the package! (kit installation and RTO endorsement)
I get a consistent figure of 10+ km/ltr of LPG! Usage is 50% on highway and 50% in crowded and damaged city roads!

LPG kit at 20k that awsome,,, plz tel me where do u stay ??? what are the contect details of dealer ??

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 24th September 2007, 11:04   #22
BHPian

Yes thatz the price for which I installed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
LPG kit at 20k that awsome,,, plz tel me where do u stay ??? what are the contect details of dealer ??

Regards,
Jitendra
Yeah.. thatz the normal price dude! How much do you think then?! Hey this is not a 'closed loop' system - for your info!
Am from Cochin - Kerala! Well I can get the contact details of Mumbai guy incase you are interested!
cheers!
Old 24th September 2007, 13:13   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah.. thatz the normal price dude! How much do you think then?! Hey this is not a 'closed loop' system - for your info!
Am from Cochin - Kerala! Well I can get the contact details of Mumbai guy incase you are interested!
cheers!

Dear,

pls give the details ( mumbai ) asap, may daily run is 56km petreol is getting heavy on my pocket ... wanted to reduce running cost also is warrenty covered of the same ?? My petrol average is 13km ( with AC ) how much average shd i expect on LPG ??

Thx in advance,

Regards,
JItendra
Old 24th September 2007, 13:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Dear,

pls give the details ( mumbai ) asap, may daily run is 56km petreol is getting heavy on my pocket ... wanted to reduce running cost also is warrenty covered of the same ?? My petrol average is 13km ( with AC ) how much average shd i expect on LPG ??

Thx in advance,

Regards,
JItendra

Well.... check this link for more details and dealer location of "STAR GAS" !
Star Gas - Dealers

Also, Try calling Mr.Vinay Shah @ 28644355 OR 09820067826. This guy is based in Kandivali!

You must get 10 km/ltr on LPG if you are getting 13 km/ltr on Petrol!

cheers!

Last edited by nikkibike : 24th September 2007 at 14:01.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:58   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Well.... check this link for more details and dealer location of "STAR GAS" !
Star Gas - Dealers

Also, Try calling Mr.Vinay Shah @ 28644355 OR 09820067826. This guy is based in Kandivali!

You must get 10 km/ltr on LPG if you are getting 13 km/ltr on Petrol!

cheers!
Thx for info Brother !
Old 25th September 2007, 17:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
My petrol average is 13km ( with AC ) how much average shd i expect on LPG ??
Well, normally 80% of Petrol mileage you can expect in LPG.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
Excuse me please... but can someone tell me what exactly is this DAMPING
Thats funny you are supposed to be our technical lead on these things...i never thought u would not know what damping is! any ways the term Damping is also used in 3DMAX too.
Old 16th February 2008, 15:04   #28
BHPian

40,000 kms completed! A tyre upsizing too!!!!

Well guys...... here goes my ownership views of Swift ZXi after covering 40000 kms in 1 year and 5 months!

Sent 'her' for 40000 km service at the kerala's first MSM (Maruti Service Masters) - M/s Autoteam near Palarivattom, Kochi. Earlier the same guys were MASS!! MSM is run in a seperate 'state of art' facility as per the norms of MSIL. A COMPLETE setup to service ALL Maruti vehicles. Really appreciate thier efforts in this field!

Well.... coming to the status of car, So far no big issues except the rock strong rattlings! Overall performace and comforts are still going strong! No major replacements done except airfilter, sparkplugs etc! Now the tyres are half bald as a result of my 'carefull' driving style!

I enjoy each and every moment in its drive seat! The first thing I wanted now is a new set of better quality wheels and so started calling all the experts and friends in tbhp for finalising the 'best buy'!

Executed!!!! Here it goes....!

Tyres
Make - YOKOHAMA S Drives
Size - 205 / 55 / R15
Tyre Pressure - 29 PSI (comfortable)
Price - 4,300/- per tyre.

Alloys
Make - HR
Size - 6.5 x 15"
PCD - 100mm
Offset (ET) - 40
Price
Alloys - 16,000/- (4 nos)
Chrome nuts and valves - 1000/- (Complete set)

Aaaaaah!!!! Am completely satisfied! Thanks to all the "advisors"! Esp the "apna bhaiyya"!!!

Handling is much defined now... turns are much more sharper and the overall feel is too exciting and confidence inspiring to push it to the extremes!!! Money WELL spent!!

Pics will follow!
cheers!!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 16th February 2008 at 15:07.
Old 16th February 2008, 15:36   #29
BHPian

The shows starts here!

The alloy and tyre!

The THREAD PATTERN

A side view of the car!

Another view!

Herez another one!

Guess these deets will be a ready reckoner for all who plan an upsize on swift!
Old 16th February 2008, 16:04   #30
rippergeo

drool drool and more drool. conscience wont let me spend on alloys. but i like. BTW, the way you were ripping on our jan 26th meet, I thought you had a DDiS, didnt realise you were running petrol power.

or was it LPG?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks