Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 09:08   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Beanstalk - Thanks man. I'm using IOC Xtramile as of now. Asked the A.S.S. guys if I should use regular/premium. They said that it doesn't matter. Whereas, the Skoda and Hyundai A.S.S. had told me to use regular diesel.

How much have you clocked till date. I've done just about 2200Kms. What FE figures are you getting? I haven't had the chance to check the FE as of yet.
F.E - Am I missing something here ???
Old 10th October 2007, 12:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post

FE :

Now I just did it once and I got the FE of 14.67 (Reliance Diesel only) on a run of about 400 kms (60% City and 40 % Highway). Couldn’t believe the result from a 2.0L engine but yeah that’s what I got. I’d repeat the same after my first service and inform you all about the latest FE. I am really happy about the FE coz it was one of the major cause of concern for me.
shuvd dont ask me how much have i clocked as yet you know (its around 800 odd kms only)

will get the service done when i get back home (1000 km service)

P.S. i regret ripping the car quite a few times though, just couldn't control myself, was tempted , its the same damn feeling each time i take the car out for a spin.

Will check the FE once again as soon as i get the 1st service done
Old 11th October 2007, 20:19   #33
BHPian

Hi guys, I bought a magnum LS last week, will file a 100 km report in few days time. BTW i had my first refill at 608 Km - gave me 13 km. Is it good enough at this point? the drive was 60 - 40 highway and city I guess. diesel - reliance.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:19   #34
BHPian

correction guys, i meant a 1000 km report, sorry!
Old 14th October 2007, 12:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Update on the FE.
Did a short trip last night. Got 9.75kmpl.
This includes 30 odd minutes of idling and crawling behind trucks. Didn't engage the overdrive, and was always shifting at the red line (its good till about 5100). Managed to touch 160+ a few times. The grunt from the engine is serious and addictive.

On a more serious note, I urge all owners who commute at high speeds to change the stock shoes. Will be doing that shortly myself.

Last edited by shuvd : 14th October 2007 at 12:12.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:06   #36
BHPian

don't mean to hijack this thread, but is there a petes box for the magnum?
if yes, the specs after it please.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ Blue2ki - AFIK, the power box for the Magnum is still under development.
Old 15th October 2007, 23:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Blue2ki - AFIK, the power box for the Magnum is still under development.
now thats cool!
Old 16th October 2007, 17:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

The box for the Magnum is gonna take 2 months, its under development and then testing will take place.
Old 17th October 2007, 11:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
Hi guys, I bought a magnum LS last week, will file a 100 km report in few days time. BTW i had my first refill at 608 Km - gave me 13 km. Is it good enough at this point? the drive was 60 - 40 highway and city I guess. diesel - reliance.
congrats arunk on your buy.. enjoy the car

Shuvd what upgrade are you looking at, i mean which brands and what would be the the size ??

P.S. Please do mention the current size of the tyres as well. [i have the brigdestone GT3 as far as i remember.. can't recall the size]
Old 17th October 2007, 12:37   #41
BHPian

Hi Guys we just booked a Optra Magnum Diesel LT sparkling Diamond for my dad. It will be delivered on Dassera. The choice was ultimately between Octavia and Magnum and the magnum wins hands down in terms of comfort, suspension, pickup, interiors and price. I think Chevy is going through a perception crisis but cars like magnum will change that. This is the second Chevy in our family..first one was in 1950
Old 17th October 2007, 13:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

@ Beanstalk_230 - Stock are 195/60R15s. Am looking at 205/60R15s on the stock alloys. Try Michelins/Yokos. These are the most popular brands on this forum and not without reason. Don't want to go a size up and too wide. 215/55R15s is another option you could look at.
Old 28th October 2007, 12:41   #43
BHPian

So finally on the last day of the navratri’s i got my car serviced for the initial 1000 km or 1 month when the odo was somewhere around 900kms. The service took around 2.5-3 hrs and i also got the seat covers put on.

Please note : Do not get your car serviced anyday between the navratri's or any other public holiday otherwise prepared to WAIT. Made a big mistake otherwise the work would have had been completed in 1-1.5 hrs.

And finally got the first scratch on my darling (though it is not visible.. ) and the worst part is that it happened while parking on my home’s driveway.. dunno why i always get careless back at home .. Huh. [Quite a similar thing happened to its petrol sibling, she got her first scratch while parking in the garage]. Nothing much happened all this time round, just a short 200 km trip to Kanpur and back, no FE this time but soon I am planning to get the updated FE figures soon.

P.S. I had a chat with the service manager and asked him about the run in period, and he mentioned a damn 5000km run in period. Is it really required or taking care till about 2k would do. The turbo gets very very addictive at times, it makes one hate the run in period.

Cheers
Gaurav
Old 11th November 2007, 19:57   #44
BHPian

Dunno this post is worth writing in but thought to share it with you all.

my car has done nearly 1500 kms and i now notice a considerable change in the engine noise, to my surprise it has supposedly gone down and the sound is also much smoother than it earlier was. I confirmed this with quite a few people and everyone noticed the same thing. the car feels much easier to drive now especially in the city and the clutch and the gears seemed to have settled. i have myself experienced the gearshift of my petrol optra and believe me guys chevvy has done some serious work upon it, its smooth and crisp. i just love shifting it which was not the case with its petrol sibling (especially the reverse)

cheers

Last edited by beanstalk_230 : 11th November 2007 at 20:04.
Old 12th November 2007, 11:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

@ Beanstalk - Magnum has the best shift action among all the so called Chevys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks