Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 15:24   #31
BHPian

Quote - hellstar-The OEM Headlamps ( 65W/55W) do not address the requirements of long distance driving especially during the night or in rain , I would recommend that all Verna owners do this upgrade , but with the proper components like ceramic holders and relays. I have upgraded to (130W/110W) Philips Rally Bulbs. I am also looking at upgrading to a HID but with proper projector setup, but sadly I could not find any dealer/individual who stocks after market HID Projector setup for the Verna.quote"

Have you got HID installed , any suggestions for me? I have got rally 130/100 and planning to install the same with the relays. But if I get HID then I guess I dont need relays . is that true?
Old 25th October 2007, 15:29   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post

Have you got HID installed , any suggestions for me? I have got rally 130/100 and planning to install the same with the relays. But if I get HID then I guess I dont need relays . is that true?
all the good hid kits will come will their own wiring, relays, ballasts and of course bulbs.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:34   #33
BANNED

i was never a big fan of the verna nor diesel. then i drove a verna vgt. it is maddening and more of it. one of the best diesels i have driven if the car was a lil cheaper i find it expensive at 10 laks with abs. i really would have got one. wicked car.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Hi,

Any way if you still doubt, please do a test drive before buying. I am sure the ABS with fatter tyres (I have upgraded to 195/60 XM1) would be able to redress the problem to an extent. But would definitely like the ride to be a bit more firm. I am currently trying various settings with respect to air pressure (increase by a couple of more psi than the company recommended 30 which I find too soft for Highway driving) on my car. Hope this improves the handling a bit more.

Cheers!
~DWind
Thanks. That settles issues. I have opted for SX ABS. tyres - 195/60 or 195/55 or 185/65 - which will be more suited for high speed handling? By the way XM1 is which make?

BTW- this pulling ( idling) without pushing accelarator- is what i loved in Viva CRDi because it helps me in changing gears less frequently and no need to push accelarator - in bumper to bumper traffic... just release clutch and use brakes gently as the need may be. but yes, may be in your case, idling was set at higher rpm - which can surely be looked into while tuning during service.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly i could not find anybody even now who stocks the entire setup for HID Lamps on Verna. When I say entire setup i mean the standard HID conversion Kits that you get which takes care of the Bulbs, Wiring , holders and finally the projector lamp setup, without which i am at risk of blinding other oncoming traffic.

This projector lamp assembly is what i am not getting, the other parts are very easily , even Bosch makes one which i think retails for around 9K.

Off topic- I have just completed 25K on my ODO
Old 25th October 2007, 19:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But if I get HID then I guess I dont need relays . is that true?
It might be true but IMHO I would still recommend that you use the relays because the relays effectively isolate the HID current circuitry from the OEM circuitry in the car.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:23   #37
BHPian

today( Saturday) I will go hunting and roadside shopping for these accessories in the local market. Let me see if I can find the entire HID kit including projetcor assembly. Philips doesnt provide Projector set up perhaps , but I ll enquire with the Philips WR automotive section guy( Lighting Div) here in Mumbai and will update you. else 9k for bosch is a good buy. 2 years back for accent - it was MRP 23K for accents and of course for employees it was 17K. lets see if prices have been revised.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
today( Saturday) IPhilips doesnt provide Projector set up perhaps , but I ll enquire with the Philips WR automotive section guy( Lighting Div) here in Mumbai and will update you. else 9k for bosch is a good buy. 2 years back for accent - it was MRP 23K for accents and of course for employees it was 17K. lets see if prices have been revised.
Do keep me posted ! I surely would love to upgrade to HIDs
Old 5th November 2007, 13:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
In the local market we got a Bosch HID kit available for around 9K and a Philips kit for 23 K ( prices revised down from 26k). both of these are bi-xenon and none has projector set up included in the kit. Bosch is made in Taiwan and when I cross checked with the Philips sales engineer, he told me not to go for Bosch as the company making / selling it is not the Bosch that we know and the result is not very good of this Bosch.

Has anyone used Bosch HID ( H4) and can share some feedback.

Please, let us have your opinion as to whether would you recommend PHILIPS HID despite such a huge price difference. By the way using my contacts , I may get it at Distributor landing price in Mumbai - approx. 17K still price is quite high in comparison.
Old 6th November 2007, 14:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Hi there! I spoke to Philips Lighting person who is incharge for automotive lamps. He told me that we dont need to change any wiring or holders as the heat released in HID is very less compared to 60/65 watts or higher wattage bulbs. For HID lamps wattage is 35 and hence, it consumes less electricity and generates less heat compared to standard halogen lamps.
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

hey hell star,

even i have a verna vgt crdi done 20000 km due for 3rd service,without going beyond cochin and tvm.mileage figure i have got till date is 16 kmph max.and i believe mine is the first verna vgt in passion red in kerela.please update on which fuel you are using and which alloys .i am in alleppey now ,can you catch me over phone more doubts,

ram-9847046752
Old 26th November 2007, 11:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

ram nice talking to you! We'll meet up then as discussed ..
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:23   #43

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please take the effort to type out your posts in full and proper english, for the benefit of other forum users.

Last edited by GTO : 27th December 2007 at 14:41.
sudhi_pre is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th December 2007, 12:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_pre View Post
verna is a good car ? stablity doesn"t hv at high speed ?
i am not sure as to what you are expecting from the above sentence ...good car ,, bad car depends on how you use it and what you want it for. Yes , it has stability issues at higher speeds, if thats what you were asking for.
Old 27th December 2007, 12:17   #45
BHPian

Hi All,

After reading all the threads posted, i decided to go for the Verna CRDi ABS version, please do let me know which is the best tyre size 195 or 205 with R15 also, i found that the Petrol XXi version has all the featuers and is one lakh lesser than the CRDi with ABS which has very few features. Something when i asked the sales guy had no answer to this.

Regards,
Sajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks